2 unfinished animations

Discussion in 'Animations' started by TakashiTrapper , Apr 24, 2017.

1. TakashiTrapper

TakashiTrapper - Been Here Since 2010 -

so i just wanted to upload these because ive been away for awhile havent been animating due to me just giving it up and
    life really takes alot of time away but animating always been a fun hobby for me
    I normally never upload unfinished animations unless I figure i would never complete them
    but today i just want to upload stuff so here you go hope you enjoy it
    i try to keep that nostalgic type of animation going due to me being a sonic animator before i was maple
    also do you guys think i should finish both of these sorry for them being so short [i also dont care for cnc becuase i may or may not finish them but if you wanna cnc go ahead i honestly dont care but theirs always room for improvement ]

Jun3 likes this.
  2. Your ideas are there.
    You have better ideas than a lot of animators on this forum, if I'm honest.
    But the ideas don't come off nearly as good as they have the potential to be because of your execution.

I'm gonna give you ways to make your animation better, don't take it the wrong way:
    1.) Trace your bitmaps. It makes the sprites look more smoothened out rather than incredibly scratchy looking as they do now.
    2.) Fix your sound effects. It's like you exported it at a lower quality. They're very LOUD.
    3.) Add more frames. Your movements still baffle me sometimes with how jumpy they are... adding more frames make the movements look more natural and add for an overall more enjoyable video experience because it adds a bit of detail to every action.
    4.) Choose your poses wisely. Sometimes your poses seem a bit weird to use for a specific action. If you use them in a better way, I'm sure it'll make the animations look way better.

Just keep it up, dude. You're on the right track. Just be sure to actually take the time to listen to CNC.
    Although you may think the people on this forum are all diarrhea squirts, they're trying to help. Some people just don't come off as being as nice about it, but that's just how they are. Every bit of criticism helps you, unless of course, it isn't constructive in any way..

CCshinobi and TakashiTrapper like this.
  3. TakashiTrapper

i normally do trace my bitmaps but these were unfinished so i didnt take the time out of doing all that but ima consider the frame thing not like ima beginning animator i just rush to much but i appreciate everything you said and ya i just try to be very creative with the animations

DANIELisntREAL likes this.
  4. Tra-La-Tracey

Tra-La-Tracey Veteran Membah'

That second video tho, why you gotta stop so early ;__;

I think you should continue! Only if you want to though. The fun thing about animating (for me, at least) is the more you do it, the more you'll discover, polish your skills, find your style, and improve overall! There's no need to rush, just make something you'll be happy with c:

The only thing I would say for both these animations is that some camera shakes would be cool -- y'know to show the intensity of the hits! I think you did a good job of following the characters with the camera movements.

Also, what Dan said -- CnC is to help you out! Continue being creative and don't be afraid to try stuff out (but also keeping physics in mind ;D)~~

Noz and TakashiTrapper like this.
  5. Jun3

Jun3 Legendary Oldfag

Finish dem. Your style is still there but the execution and gfx could be better. I know you know what's wrong already.

Plus Jin versus Sub Zero is a pretty interesting matchup. I would like to see what you can do with that

TakashiTrapper likes this.
  6. TakashiTrapper

thanks big bro u kno how we rock i might finish one of these one day idk bt i might finish the subzero vs jin because it is a pretty decent matchup thanks alot also glad to see u back on here brodie

Jun3 likes this.