1. Before participating in Maplemation Battle Royale, make sure you are familiar with the system. Happy battling!

2015 MBR Updates - Factions/Forfeiting/Medals !

Discussion in 'News/Announcements' started by Lynus , Jan 5, 2015.

1. Lynus

Lynus R.I.P Reginald.
    Retired Staff

Hey all !
    With much discussion that's been happening over at the Bugs & Feedback section regarding the many mishaps over in the MBR section, the staff at Maplemation have undergone extensive labour in order to bringforth happiness upon all.

MBR:
    • Forfeiting Punishments - Forfeiting an MBR will be an instant lock of profile and MBR-related activities until a new animation is presented to a moderator to evaluate the unlocking of their profile to resume MBR-related activities. Moreover, if an animation presented in an MBR is lacking in quality, it will go under inspection by ATJ and a verdict will be placed.
    • Poll - The polls will remain open for 48hrs from the opening of the thread, we have considered a week and such, but a good majority of the voting takes place on the first 24hrs anyway.
    • Medals - We are bringing em' back ! Remember these bad boys ?
      [​IMG]

Well, medals are making a comeback ! Expect their page up sometime this week.
    MBR FACTIONS:
    • Faction Requirements - We are dropping the requirement to have 5 members down to 3 concerning the amount of members as of now. The maximum will still remain 10.
    • Faction Reports - Faction leaders or shadow Leaders are to report a monthly update in concern of their faction on their faction, this mainly includes goals, achievements, to-dos, shout-out to members, etc. This is to primarily just avoid 'dead' factions and promote more active and goal-setting factions. If not updated, a temporary lock will be placed on the faction until further notice. If it persists, a disbandment may occur.
    • Faction Page - Please reduce the general spam-fest on the pages, keep it to a minimum so factions are able to present more signifcant things such as faction events, wars, such and such.
    So there's the new things the staff are trying to enforce here. Leave a comment below if you have any queries or suggestions for further ideas, but compliments are nice too !

- Lynus/xLyynus/Sunlyx/Lyynus/Leenus/Linus/LeenusPeenus !

Ainn, Sekka*, Blez and 9 others like this.
  2. Lynus

Lynus R.I.P Reginald.
    Retired Staff

*bump*

3. Taki

Taki Kuulas enthusiast
    Retired Staff

Side note: MBRQ coming back soon.

Lynus , Ainn, 5-H-S and 2 others like this.
  4. GimmeSoup

GimmeSoup Veteran Membah'

What are those?

5. Collin

Collin Oppai
    Donator

[​IMG]
    Loving the descriptions of how we earn the medals.

Also, may I just say that it's a very BAD idea to make the ATJ judge the re-opening animations?
    For one, one of them is never around to even do his job and judge things, hence the lack of AT members and the abundance of applications.
    And second, this is basically saying to all the noobs out there "Hey fuck you until you are this certain level because animation skill tooootally has anything to do with your commitment issues."
    How about just locking them for a couple weeks/a month?

6. Jaycie

Jaycie Chop~

I don't think I was around when these was a thing. What are those? I'm currently too stupid to get if this is a joke or did happen for real.

7. Hatim

Hatim Love Emperor

Those medals were like the achievements we currently have, but for MBR, you can get them by having a win streak/an opponent forfeiting, things like these.

8. Thewindyfan

Thewindyfan I'm too slow for this shit

Also for the ATJ inspecting MBRs that might be of low quality....does this means that everyone is held to a certain level of scrutiny or everyone is held up to a certain standard based on their skill-level? If it's the former, I don't see how that would really do anything in the first place, might as well just make the ATJ inspect people for when they submit unfinished animations for a MBR.

9. 5-H-S

5-H-S Veteran Membah'

They're medals the mods would put on your mbr profiles a while ago, XD, they happened for real. I remember a few people even got a certain medal for never losing and having the most wins in their media.

Ooooh faction reports, I suggested dat :DDDDDDDDD

10. Lynus

Lynus R.I.P Reginald.
    Retired Staff

Oh fuck, Thailand fucked me over. Lemme answer somma deez Qs.

Uh, like a leader present if the leader is not around.
    Like uh, Co-leader lmao, shoulda wrote that instead. Sorry.

Bryant's an edgy mofucka ay.
    I'm pretty sure LeoV and Aquila are understanding creatures who can see that someone is not 'at their level' and I'm sure they are able to judge that, hence their position for AT. Also, I know them kinda personally and I'm pretty sure they aren't too harsh on things, until it reaches a certain extent, yafeel. It'll be up to them cause they didn't mind the whole process so, yeah.
    Locking/closing profiles does seem good, but really, I don't think we've had any like chains of forfeiting from anyone in a while, maybe a case here and there, but not really every MBR being a forfeit, so locking may be too far IMO.

Hatim explained it perfectly.
    Really, they're the same thing as the 'Achievements' below your avatar, but purely for MBR-related things.
    So for example in my picture above:
    Perfectionist - 100% votes.
    O' Lucky Day - Win by forfeiting.
    Bad Luck Charm - Lose by a close margin 1 - 3 votes.
    On A Roll ! - Win 3 times consecutively.
    The Traitor - Leave your current faction for another faction.
    Axis VS Allies - Win against someone using a diff program from you. (FW -> Flash) etc.
    There's alot more, but the Medals page seems to be gone, so a make-a-medal suggestion thread will be up soon !

They'll judge based on the skill level they're at and other things in play, theme, due date etc.
    Yeah, well Aquila, LeoV and Bryant again.

And it's going well so far, thank you for the input.

Anymore questions ?

11. Lynus

Lynus R.I.P Reginald.
    Retired Staff

Also, if you want a thread wipe, any changes done or anything that I can do, shoot me a VM/PM or just let me know somehow that's direct lmao.