[3D] Currently at the Gates to a new world [Update]

Discussion in 'Animations' started by [ZoeLogiiK], Aug 5, 2015.

1. [ZoeLogiiK]

[ZoeLogiiK] Veteran Membah'

Learning 3D....Had a giant speech I've wanted to say but, don't feel like typing it all...
    So yeah, 3D....want to practice more...enjoying the world of a 3D animator

CNC
    Newest Update
    6-4-16
    Major Update
    Fire Visual Effects

More Walk practice

Lip Sync

Action Scene

Learning so much.

Older stuff. feel free to CNC that as well..so I wont do the same mistake twice in a row :)
    12-15-15

Motion Capture.

#1 [ZoeLogiiK], Aug 5, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 4, 2016
    Amdragg and Nemao like this.
  2. Heki

Heki Retired Staff
    Retired Staff

For the first animation, during the jumping at the beginning, I think the knees should have bent just a tad when the legs landed. For the box, it seems as though the box flies off without the robot actually moving it, maybe make the box move with the hands for a few more frames, move the hands faster, and make the box leave the hands after the hands make an abrupt stop.

Lynus likes this.
  3. [ZoeLogiiK]

For the First animation i do agree on you, but when I did bend the legs more, It got even more awkward because you cannot bend too far down...for a jump like that or that would be awkward as well. It's very hard to find that sweet spot. Thanks~..Ill keep looking for more ways to make it look acceptable.

The Box animation, I was actully my speed animation the instructor gave us like 3 hours to make the character push the box and what not...excuse...yes, but thanks. Even thought I wont revisit it...I know that will be more of a quick fix in the graph Editor.

Converting These Animations into Grayscale GIF Files...is very tedious...I wonder if there was a way to export Gif straight from Maya. :(

4. Lynus

Lynus R.I.P Reginald.
    Retired Staff

The box one's pretty spot on - or maybe cause it's the view that you're giving us makes it the flaws well hidden and such.
    The kick ball one's physics are on point -notrly- the first jumps in the beginning are really awkward.. like Heki and all, the legs looked like they were waddling as they walked across the stage.

5. LeoV

LeoV gone
    Retired Staff

the ball in the first one moves awkwardly. i haven't freeze-framed it to see if your arcs are there, but the easing/spacing just isn't right. you're doing the triangle jump thingy, easing vertically AND horizontally. it should only ease vertically, and move evenly horizontally.
    these jumps the robot make at the beginning also seem off in terms of spacing. some secondary motion there would have been nice too.

in the second one, yeah, i agree with heki. the box goes up effortlessly. the robot just moves his hand slightly and it flies away.

otherwise these are alright. keep it up

6. [ZoeLogiiK]

7. Thatch

Thatch The Cheese Master

I also 3D animating. Looks good man.

8. LeoV

LeoV gone
    Retired Staff

the character animation's pretty nice, but that box is still moving weirdly. here's a gif. at the top there's the easing/motion graph you should drift more towards.

[​IMG]

(ok, i know it's not supposed to be 100000% even horizontally, but it's pretty close + heavy things mostly slow down because of friction as they hit the ground, not because of air or w/e)

it gets a little more complicated as the number of moving parts increases (say, the top of that box for instance), but the general idea is the same. one axis (mostly) even, the other eases in then out.

#8 LeoV , Aug 5, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 5, 2015
    NΣRO and Vashie like this.
  9. [ZoeLogiiK]

Mini Update
    Currently working on the ball bounce for LeoV...give me like 5 hours...shall post it soon.

BUT IN THE MEAN TIME ANOTHER mini Update on a 2 hour practice.
    I really don't like making a ball bounce with fluent motion...but give me a character and I shall be at least decent. I'm currently doing another practice for a jump as well, it's actually harder than it looks.

http://imgur.com/TbjGs4s

10. Vashie

Vashie Kuew~
    Game Team

The way you distribute your weight and angle your hips still needs work.
    That kick is very awkwardly sequenced. Try to make your major poses a lot more believable first
    then go in and add some inbetweens to break down the motion into something smoother.
    With that much force going into your kick you should also add in a few forward steps, make him
    stumble forward as he finishes the kick and time your foot planting down a lot faster.
    To me it looks like your going for a hard kick but with a touch of goofiness added to its movements,
    even with that don't forget to add some motion caused by the original movements.

11. TheLastAlly

TheLastAlly Newbie

Is it just me or does the ball look strange when it's kicked?
    Like, it pauses and then flys off.
    Otherwise, it looks smooth.

12. Vashie

Vashie Kuew~
    Game Team

Thats probably because the animation for the ball on the graph editor is still set to stepped. [i think its called stepped]

13. TheLastAlly

TheLastAlly Newbie

I have no idea what that means but ok.

Vashie likes this.
  14. [ZoeLogiiK]

15. [ZoeLogiiK]

16. NarwhaI

NarwhaI "The Jedi of The Sea"

not much i can cnc & say on 3d. only can ask why its white and grey,and if you can try colors next time? and a actual 3d background

17. Nemao

Nemao ¸.•*´¨`*•.¸¸.•*´¨`*•.¸

I'm really exicted to see a complet 3d animations, i can imagine how this is very hard to do, your walk look goods, i hope to see soon something complet =p

18. [ZoeLogiiK]

Update:
    Physics test.

Ant Walk.

Me and this 3D software are in a unstable relationship

Another Update: Decided to add some more Visual effects that I was dabbling with.
    Ocean Splash

Particle Test

#18 [ZoeLogiiK], Oct 26, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2015
    Hunter , Nemao and Jaycie like this.
  19. Collin

Collin Oppai
    Donator

1st:
    I would play around with your dynamics/physics settings (or whatever your program calls it) because the physics look totally broken.

2nd:
    I liked it. No qualms here.

3rd:
    It looks like you used a cloth simulation for the water with the first object "ripping" the cloth to go through, the ring bouncing off which looked totally abnormal, and the cube stretching it. Water should be a particle simulation, not cloth.

4th:
    Something I'd recommend looking up in terms of particle behavior: noise. The particle behavior was very basic in how it just flowed upward. The molten material could've been textured better.

[ZoeLogiiK] likes this.
  20. [ZoeLogiiK]

Update:

Motion Capture Project.
    I was the lead Animator for this project but did more than just the animation portion, I fixed awkward movements with feet, body language, hands, facial animation, retargeting, motion capture fixing, video editing.

Screen shot of this Dominoes simulation im working on.
    http://puu.sh/lWcFG/beb92823de.png

Also finally figured out how to implement 2D and 3D in package software without using another program. I shall keep this little secret to my self.

http://puu.sh/lWcQk/87ca32e61b.mov [DownLoad] .Mov file

#20 [ZoeLogiiK], Dec 15, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 15, 2015