1. Guest, you may notice that chatbox is not here anymore. Use the Discord chat instead! It’s way more popular these days, Grandpa!
    Dismiss Notice

#Ainn4ComicTeam2018???

Discussion in 'Comic Team' started by Ainn, Feb 14, 2018.

?

#Ainn4ComicTeam2018???

1. AYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

100.0%
  2. NAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Ainn

Ainn ↻ Trashbag Wielder
    YouTube Contributor

Tell us your biography. Who are you? How did you become active in this media? Why? When? Who taught you? Just tell us a little about yourself.

It is eye, Ainn. I became interested in Maplestory sprites when I started looking for replacements to fill my Super Mario Bros. Z craving. I went from Mario sprites, found a certain Yoshi Fanatic, who I saw was using Maplestory sprites at the time. I was never taught how to use Flash, in fact the only thing I was ever taught was how to tween, and that tweens could support only 1 symbol at a time. I didn't know what a symbol was, what movieclips or graphics were capable of, what easing was or how to use filters or layers.

As time went on and I experimented with different uses for Flash, I realized that I loved using Flash. Years later, Flash was considered dead, but I wanted to honor Flash by finding a retail CD for beloved Macromedia Flash Professional 8 on Amazon. To my knowledge, I bought the last copy available.

Tell us anything we need to know about your future behavior in the team. Why do you want this position? What are your plans to bring life to this team? How dedicated are you?
    I personally see potential in Maplestory comics due to the lower difficulty curve and the consistent interest in Maplestory sprites as a medium. When I look for sprite comics as a whole, there's a lot missing from the style that I think can be introduced. For example, lack of camera angles, lack of detail, lack of variety in zoom and lack of shape in panels-- drawn comics tend not to suffer from this lack of design.

I want to show people how good and polished sprite comics can look, and I will use Maplestory sprites to show that potential. I hope to inspire others to make design choices and bring quality to sprite comics the same way that Alvin Earthworm brought inspiration to so many sprite animators today. Sprite animation was not invented by Alvin Earthworm, but it was popularized partly by him.

Convince us with your work. Post 3-10 pieces of your work. If you are skilled in multiple mediums, post as much variety as you can.

Now that my Smash Wall Collab entry is submitted, I have this new page to show.
    http://maplemation.com/threads/guiding-light-03-maplestory2018.33865

Pages 2, 4 and 5 were also part of this experimental 3D background angle + 2D sprite style.
    http://maplemation.com/threads/ice-to-meet-you.34450/

This isn't my first rodeo with sprite comics, though.
    https://sta.sh/0pwdsgamwn4

Do you have anything else to add?
    I want to give some tutorial on the more technical or software-related aspects of making comics (sprite comics in specific), but I want to leave enough room for aesthetic choices to be made by people watching. For example, drop shadow is one design choice for my panels and textboxes, but did you know glows were also considered? What about the transparent background choice and the angular comic panels? All of these were deliberate choices. What will you choose for your comics?

Also. this.
    [​IMG]

SuperKimxD , Trax, Kat and 2 others like this.
  2. bluezemmi

bluezemmi hungry as a hippo
    Comic Team Leader

[​IMG]

On a serious note: Your panels are very aesthetic, never seen someone using panels the way you did. Of course your comics are not perfect yet, The pacing of Guiding Light is pretty fast and should be slowed down. And you really need to add shadows, sound effects and filters to liven up the scene more.

But hey, I've worked with you on a comic collab before and you are one of the few people who understands when to zoom in scenes and the usage of effects.

So without further ado,

Welcome to the Comic Team @Ainn !

Trax, Kat, Tra-La-Tracey and 2 others like this.