1. Guest, you may notice that chatbox is not here anymore. Use the Discord chat instead! It’s way more popular these days, Grandpa!
    Dismiss Notice

Apartment buldiing-Inside Maps-

Discussion in 'Maps' started by Courtney Nightmare, Oct 17, 2015.

1. Courtney Nightmare

Courtney Nightmare Kaz.just call me that please.

These are maps I've made for mostly myself -where my ocs would live- For now I only have the four maps.
    They are main entrance-with the door leading to the office the front desk. Where you get your mail a small hang out area and a elevator to the different floors-if anyone can find me a more glass looking door and a more mall box looking on i can easily change it. i didn't add a lot due to i didn't want it to make it very cluttered.
    I might change it all to stone not sure yet.
    The image behind the door and window is
    [​IMG]

The second on a hall way with 4 doors due to of the inside apartment building i live in has 4 apartments on each floor.the two in the middle would be the 1 bed room 1 bath while the ones on the ends would be alot bigger 2 to 5 bedrooms
    [​IMG]

The third is a stranded living room. I haven't added much expect for fruiterer. I will add more later dated like picture frames and other things. I wasn't sure what all to add.
    [​IMG]

The last for now in this set is my personal bedroom that is very picture cluttered of old pictures from old bedroom maps. i based it around the bedroom i had at my moms old house and Les at my dads house. there is no image behind the window because i hadn't deiced what level the apartment would be on
    I might cluttered it. or move thing the bed being closer to the widow and the closet being closer to the bath room. I also would of added more pictures but i had no idea who else to add and probably not enough room

[​IMG]

If you want to use the first two let me know there easier to use in psd so you can change the background.

helpful CNC is welcomed.

2. Lynus

Lynus R.I.P Reginald.
    Retired Staff

Wow, I don't really see anything wrong with it.
    Maybe a few items here and there don't really match up the way I think they should, but well, I understand, it's not like you can make stuff to fit in.

I'll look over it tomorrow I think, my eyes are pretty ded cause it's abit late.

Noziki likes this.
  3. Collin

Collin Oppai REEEEEEEEEEEEfender
    Donator

The first map, "Entrance", looks like the room is folded every-which-way because every other map object faces a different direction. Try to keep angles consistent, especially if they're connected to the walls like doors and windows.

Which leads me into the second map, "Wall Way" (Hall Way?). You've got the doors consistently facing the right, but then the elevator, lamp, and windows are facing the left and it's confusing. It makes it look like the walls are build in a zig-zag-y fashion. Like so:
    [​IMG]

"Livingroom" is fine, but I think the clock's shadow ought to be positioned behind the curtain, just so it doesn't look like it's standing a few feet away from the wall.
    [​IMG]
    Also, maybe flip the two right-most light fixtures to the face the left, since everything else in that half of the map is facing left.

And lastly, the only issue I take with "My Room" is that there's no shadow to this shelf:
    [​IMG]

#3 Collin , Oct 17, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2015
  4. Courtney Nightmare

thanks for all the advice collion// there alot of things i didn't notice at first and with this ill be able to fix it

Lynus likes this.
  5. Collin

Collin Oppai REEEEEEEEEEEEfender
    Donator

Came back here and had one more quirk about the second map.
    Do those doors ALL go outside or are those windows all for peeping into peoples' rooms? :lenny:

6. Courtney Nightmare

:hurr: peeping throw the window -the ones close to the door lol

Collin likes this.