1. Guest, you may notice that chatbox is not here anymore. Use the Discord chat instead! It’s way more popular these days, Grandpa!
    Dismiss Notice

[Art] darkrown's application

Discussion in 'Closed Applications' started by darkrown, Jan 7, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. darkrown

darkrown Newbie

Tell us your biography. Who are you? How did you become active in this media? Why? When? Who taught you?Just tell us a little about yourself.

hey there :D my name's vlad but I go by darkrown on the forums. I've been here for a while (almost 3 years now) but I mostly lurk around the art section and post things every now and then. I've been playing maplestory since beta so it's fair to say that the game's a pretty huge part of my life.​
    as far as art goes, I use a wacom tablet and photoshop. pretty much self taught, although since last october I've started uni for a game art design major to be completed in 2018.​

Tell us anything we need to know about your future behavior in the team.Why do you want this position? What are your plans to improve the team? How dedicated are you?

back when I joined maplemation in 2012, I pretty much saw teams as site royalty. although some of the users encouraged me to try and apply for the art team, I was never confident enough in my skills to actually do it. 3 years later, my confidence is still at the same level, but I decided that it couldn't hurt to give it a shot.as a member of the team, I would be ready to help with the development of any project the art&design team would get invovled with, as well as other projects outside this area of work. aside from photoshop, I can also work with after effects, 3ds max and zbrush.

Post your best and most recent work here.

~click to enlarge~​
    ♚

Do you have anything else to add?

Question not replied

View full application

HappyFace, Taki and Mistah Chink like this.
  2. Mistah Chink

Donator

AYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

It would be interesting to see what collaborations would come out of the team with you in it honestly, you've got a real refined taste of what you're aiming to be. The mix of formal and informal would really churn out some good wee projects.

3. Taki

Taki I look good sometimes
    Retired Staff

I don't understand how you are still not confident with your art. You are definitely one of the greatest artists here. You will be a good addition to the team.

I like how back then, the art team was like females only and now it's becoming a guys only team.

4. Nani

Nani Veteran Membah'

you'll be a power adding to the team IMO, your art is suppert and I enjoy watching and apreciate and try learn from every single one of your drawings.

5. LeoV

LeoV gone
    Retired Staff

wow wait, you don't have confidence in your art? i'd kill for your skills man. i'm like, 99.9999999% sure you'll get in.

kind of glad you're applying, because i'm sure your contributions will be awesome.

6. HappyFace

HappyFace Cha' Cha'
    Retired Staff

Your only saying that leo kuz its true

Welcome to the Art Team

7. Silfur

Silfur The Enigma.

Click what to enlarge?
    What am I clicking?

8. Aidan

Aidan The Spires
    Retired Staff

You've got an incredible sense of colors, good proportions, amazing scenery (Something I've yet to see much here) and a lot more. Of course! :approved:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.