Base Breakout Collab

Discussion in 'Finished Projects' started by Juan. , Jul 16, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Juan.

Juan. Veteran Membah'

STARTS TODAY
    *NEW* *NEW* Due Date - January 23, 2017
    General Idea: Obstacle Course

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
    Rules:
    • 640x360; 30 FPS; Maple and Flash Only. Long as you want. No fade out, watermark at the top left corner. Music not allowed, aside from special cases, send your swf when you’re done.​
    Requisites:
    • Applying for: (ROOM)

• Last 3 animations. At least basic level.
    • Discord contact information. (OPTIONAL)
    What do I have to animate?
    • You will animate a short obstacle course, preferably using your character's uniqueness to your advantage.
    How should I do it?
    • If you are the first person to animate the map; animate your character breaking out his/her "cage".
    • If you are the first person to animate the map; place your cage at the starting point of each map, this area is where the V-cam is located.
    • If you are the second person or more to animate the map; animate your character appearing from the starting point, from left side of the screen.
    Resources
    1. Cages
    Pick your cage! or make one if you want.

2. Room Types
    2.1. Obstacle Rooms (OR1, OR2, OR3)
    [​IMG]
    Note: OR1 is a 2 part map, scroll the thing or use the magnifying glass tool to find it.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    2.2. Trap Rooms (TR1, TR2, TR3)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2.3. Boss Rooms (BR1, BR2, BR3) [You are able to choose your own music]

[​IMG]
    Prison Guard

[​IMG]
    Demolishizer
    [​IMG]
    Visitor
    Visitor's Spear

Golems
    Hekaton
    Head
    Shoulder

3. More Resources

Download - Small Soundkit
    Download - Map Library
    Download - Obstacle Course
    Story
    Some maplers have been captured by an evil mastermind and what’s worse; they’ve been put inside a tiny cage! In his facilities every room is designed as an obstacle course and each cage inhibits the powers and cripples the weapons of the prisoners, (If you’re familiar with one piece, It’s just like sea-prism stone/kairoseki) not to mention this hidden base is on a countdown to explode!

• Every participant will be given a custom map with various traps, mechanisms, ropes, acid, lava etc… The character has to break from his cage (which can also be customized by the participant to fit his/her character) and go from point A to point B where said character has to jump on a button to “disable” the next participant’s cage and escape the base.
    • These maps are going to be laid out this way: 3 Trap Rooms (TR), 3 Boss Rooms (BR) 4 Obstacle Rooms (Or) and the order for the parts: [OR1,TR1,BR1,OR2,TR2,BR2,OR3,TR3,BR3,OR]
    • You won’t really need this, but I think it’s important for you to know it, the transition method: After jumping on the button, the participants have to animate a “winning pose/dance” for 3 seconds, then in post production the video will be moved out to some direction while the next part pans to the center of the screen.
    Example:

[​IMG]

Rules
    • 640x360; 30 FPS; Maple and Flash Only. Long as you can; don’t drag it out if you don’t know what else to do.
    • No fade out, watermark at the top left corner, you can change the v-cam of the flas, pretty sure you can’t make rotations with the one I provided. Music not allowed, aside from special cases, send your swf when you’re done.
    • Deadline will remain unchanged. If the participant cannot complete his animation before the deadline his/her part will not be shown in the final production.
    • The chat will be a space for communication and improvement, keep personal/ forum drama outside of it, if I see you bringing drama: first I’ll give you a verbaI warning; next time I won’t hesitate to kick you out of the chat for 3 days; next time will be a week, and if you do it again, you’re banned from the chat.
    • Participants will not be forced to meet an animation requirement every week, instead, they can choose a week where they know they can focus on it and so, I and the group chat if you want will help you during that week only.
    Consider before joining:
    • Join because you already have an idea.
    • Join because you know you won’t force yourself to make something you don’t want to.
    • Join because you know you can make it in 3 months.
    • Use your character’s uniqueness to your advantage.
    Requisites:
    • Last 3 animations
    • At least mastered basic animating level.
    Resources
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

Cages

Obstacle Rooms (OR1, OR2, OR3)
    [​IMG]

Note: OR1 is a 2 part map, scroll the thing or use the magnifying glass tool to find it.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

You are not able to choose your own music.
    Required Animating Skill: Mastered Basics and above

Trap Rooms (TR1, TR2, TR3)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

You are not able to choose your own music.
    Required Animating Skill: Mastered Basics and above​

Boss Rooms (BR1, BR2, BR3)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

You are able to choose your own music.
    Required Animating Skill: Intermediate - Advanced

Download: Small Soundkit

Prison Guard

Demolishizer

Visitor
    Visitor's Spear

Golems

Hekaton

Abdomen
    Arm
    Chest
    Fist
    Head
    Shoulder

For BR3 we decided to do something a little different, your room is really close to the exit, but someone is waiting outside and you have to fight him, it’s a psychic character that creates illusions of himself, teleports and summons golems. So yeah it’s a 1v3: You vs that character, his golems and Hekaton. GL skid. (don’t worry, you’re not the finisher, but you should totally animate it like so given the concept you have :))
    • If you want to change the vcam for the one you use, please remember to keep the same size and position I gave you (unless you’re making OR1, TR3 or Boss rooms). You can take any map you want, but there are some maps that can’t animate twice or more: these are OR1, TR3 and the 3 boss rooms so first come, first served.

• If you want to join, but you are unsure you can make it in time, i encourage you to animate OR2, OR3, TR1, TR2 as a second participant or more (meaning you don't have to do the breaking out of the cage thing); but you can't register for the 1 week support.

• You HAVE to finish your map, your character can get hurt, but not die.

• You can add any asset/obstacle or trap to your map, but make sure to take it out if you are NOT doing OR1, TR3 or Boss Rooms. (Check Map Library)
    You want to make your own custom map? No problem, this .fla file contains most of what I used, you’ll find a little more in the .zip.
    1. Now you will notice that all of the maps have at least 2 single frame symbols, this is because I think it’s convenient and optimal to do it this way, instead of animating and aligning the same thing over and over again. If you don’t know how to use single frames this is how you do it:

[​IMG]
    In TR2 you’ll see that fire trap on the platforms, my idea was that the traps would activate after the characters jumps on them, what you see is that the “single frame” tells the symbol to not loop, but when you want to “activate it” all you have to do is click on it, go to the properties, change it back to loop and to the single frame again, this is the same thing for the door and the button so now you can animate them faster.

2. For the repeatable maps (OR2, OR3, TR1, TR2) the first participants will be the only ones breaking out of his/her cage, for you’ll have to step on the button, animate your winning pose/dance and move the v-cam down to the size and position it originally had; so you build the transition for the rest of the animators, except if you’re the last one.

If you are the second person or above to animate the map, you have to make your character appear from the lower left side of the screen (the start of the map), he can be walking, running, flying, floating, whatever but you must not move the vcam after the very first frame.
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
    Order:

OR1: Farlon COMPLETED

TR1 (repeatable): 1. DeeJayHD COMPLETED; 2. DarLit Glitch COMPLETED;

BR1: NobleJuice (best know as trollBOI)

OR2 (repeatable): 1. Aranimation; 2. Wolferian COMPLETED; 3.

TR2 (repeatable): 1. Ncaohili COMPLETED; 2.

BR2: Sparky

OR3 (repeatable):
    1. Shulkle COMPLETED; 2.SunGod COMPLETED; 3. ; 4.

TR3: Aerocobe

BR3: Alex2473

OR4: Juan COMPLETED

Inspiration/References

Notice how some of the participants use their character’s traits to their advantage? That’s what I want to see, I’m not gonna force you to animate something like that, I just think it makes them stand out. If you are in this collab you're in, I'm not kicking anyone out, it's just a suggestion.

If you have any questions, I will gladly answer them.

Rules:
    • 640x360; 30 FPS; Maple and Flash Only. Long as you want. No fade out, watermark at the top left corner. Music not allowed, aside from special cases, send your swf when you’re done.​
    Requisites:
    • Applying for: (ROOM)

• Last 3 animations. At least basic level.
    What do I have to animate?
    • You will animate a short obstacle course, preferably using your character's uniqueness to your advantage.
    How should I do it?
    • If you are the first person to animate the map; animate your character breaking out his/her "cage".
    • If you are the first person to animate the map; place your cage at the starting point of each map, this area is where the V-cam is located.
    • If you are the second person or more to animate the map; animate your character appearing from the starting point, from left side of the screen.
    Resources
    1. Cages

2. Room Types
    2.1. Obstacle Rooms (OR1, OR2, OR3)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    2.2. Trap Rooms (TR1, TR2, TR3)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2.3. Boss Rooms (BR1, BR2, BR3) [You are able to choose your own music]

[​IMG]
    Prison Guard

[​IMG]
    Demolishizer
    [​IMG]
    Visitor
    Visitor's Spear

Golems
    Hekaton
    Head
    Shoulder

3. More Resources

Download - Small Soundkit
    Download - Map Library
    Download - Obstacle Course

[​IMG]

#1 Juan. , Jul 16, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2017
  2. NobleJuice

I like the idea of making the same shit as Dojo, but if there will be no lenny jokes, we all know this won't be a succes.

Ain't participating cuz i don't feel like doing parkour on dat shit. Gl tho!

3. Juan.

Juan. Veteran Membah'

Cool (Y) Thanks! For me it's enough to share this idea and if i don't make it in time anyone can take it; i mean i already posted everything you'll need.

Update #1 - Stuff i forgot about
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
    • You HAVE to finish your map. Your character can get hurt, but not die.
    • You can add any asset/obstacle or trap to your map, but make sure to take it out if you are NOT doing OR1, TR3 or Boss Rooms. (Check Map Library)
    • Note: OR1 is a 2 part map, scroll the thing or use the magnifying glass tool to find it.
    • If you want to join, but you are unsure you can make it in time, i encourage you to animate OR2, OR3, TR1, TR2 as a second participant or more (meaning you don't have to do the breaking out of the cage thing); but you can't register for the 1 week support.
    • Fixed swapped images between OR2 and OR3 (Thanks, shulkle)
    • Made separate layers for trap section in TR2

4. NarwhaI

NarwhaI "The Jedi of The Sea"

I wish more people were joining collabs nowadays..meh,anyways cool idea. i know it worked out in the dojo we'll see if it can work out with maple sprites aswell
    anyways good luck~!

Juan. likes this.
  5. Vashie

Vashie Kuew~
    Game Team

I reaaaaalllyyyy, want to participate.
    This idea is going to be so much fun if you freely open your mind to the concept.
    Sadly for me these next few months are busy none stop. Maybe if I manage to fix my schedule to add a few more hours in my day
    I will definitely apply before its too late.

Dan Derps , Kvn11 and Juan. like this.
  6. Shulkle

Shulkle Still the worst fight maker

I think I know basics and got an idea of some sort so might as well try. :P

Applying for OR3.

Discord is the same as my MM username and/or you got my Skype.

7. Juan.

Juan. Veteran Membah'

Accepted.

From what i see, you do know your basics and you're starting to get into rigs, cinematics and such.

Also you have to choose one, do you prefer skype or discord?

Remember that you are able to recieve help from me (cnc, spriting, doing stuff for you, general help) and the chat so if you wish, choose 1 week,

8. Shulkle

Shulkle Still the worst fight maker

Yey~

I prefer discord: Shulkle#4056
    As of now, I think I'll be fine, maybe would like to get some CnC later. :3

9. Juan.

Juan. Veteran Membah'

Update #2 - Easy Peasy
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
    • Added a TL;DR for faster comprehension.
    • Added a Small soundkit for resources.
    • Added "Visitor's Spear"(Thanks, Forgotten).
    I'm not kidding when I say there's a recent study that shows many participants that join easy collabs can do their parts in 24 - 48 hours or less; say you try doing 2 hours a day, that means in 2 weeks you'd be done already. Not to mention you already have the map and a bunch of pre animated stuff, and now a couple of sound effects!

Shulkle likes this.
  10. Nemao

Nemao ¸.•*´¨`*•.¸¸.•*´¨`*•.¸

God damn, i finish my MWC part, and Dojo and i join this one x'D

Juan. likes this.
  11. CCshinobi

CCshinobi Filmmaker, Animator

Hey, I just met you
    And this is crazy.
    But if you need a trailer,
    Call me up maybe.

:)

#notevenafanofthesong #killme

Dan Derps and Juan. like this.
  12. Aranimation

Aranimation TrueHorizonBestHorizon

Could you please clarify the part about being the first person to animate a map and having to break out of their cage?
    Is the cage located in a room similar to the first half of OR1 or is the cage simply placed at the starting point of the map?

Juan. likes this.
  13. ForgettenSoul

ForgettenSoul Sleepy
    Game Team

did you check the OR1?

if not its basically like this:
    [​IMG]

Juan. likes this.
  14. Juan.

Juan. Veteran Membah'

Yes, aside from OR1 (like Forgotten mentioned) you should place your cage simply at the start of the map, around where the v-cam is placed.

15. Pixel-8it

Pixel-8it [ The Couple ]

Would you mind explaining how the boss rooms function?
    Does a character just start out in that room, inside a cage, and they break out to fight against the boss?
    Maybe I'm missing something.

Juan. likes this.
  16. Juan.

Juan. Veteran Membah'

Correct. For the first and second boss room you will start breaking out from your cage, then you will fight the boss; after defeating it your character will escape.

For the third boss room your character has already escaped and he/she is on the way to the exit.

Thanks for your question! Maybe I made it sound more complicated than what it actually is, like I usually do, but at least I'm glad the thread has seen a bit more activity after the TL;DR section.
    Maybe FAQ section is next

( sorry for late reply, i didn't have internet on saturday :( )

#16 Juan. , Aug 7, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2016
  17. Juan.

Juan. Veteran Membah'

[​IMG]

I see it... @Shulkle has finished his part.

#17 Juan. , Aug 13, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2016
    Tra-La-Tracey, Kvn11, Trax and 4 others like this.
  18. Juan.

Juan. Veteran Membah'

Update #3 - Extension
    • Due to the lack of participants, the due date has been changed to December 15; if the 10 spots are not filled by then I might change it again.
    • If you apply for a boss room and get accepted, I'll sprite 5 customs poses of your choice, they can be private poses if you want.

19. Nuuwah

Nuuwah not ded

Hi i would like to join but i'm confused its like a parkour collab but all in the same fla?

Juan. likes this.
  20. Juan.

Juan. Veteran Membah'

Yes, you can call it a parkour collab as well, but you don't have to share your fla.

How it works:
    1. You take a map.

2. If you are the first person to animate the map, you have to animate your character breaking out his cage at the start of your animation.
    2.1. If you are the second person or more to animate the map, you have to make your character appear from the lower left side of the screen (the start/beggining point).

3. You make the animation long as you want, I suggest animating your character's abilities to move through the map.

4. When you're done, you animate a 3 second winning pose/dance and tween the v-cam down to it's original place and size; thus making the transition for the next participant.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.