1. Guest, you may notice that chatbox is not here anymore. Use the Discord chat instead! It’s way more popular these days, Grandpa!
    Dismiss Notice

Base Breakout Collab

Discussion in 'Finished Projects' started by Juan. , Jul 16, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Juan.

Juan. Veteran Membah'

Accepted

Damn you're pretty good, I remember that you said your character was unbeatable, it will be interesting to see what you do with the map, again:

Sorry I haven't been able to reply fast as I'd like to, I've been having problems with the internet at home.

2. alex2473

alex2473 Newbie

I agree with you

I want change BR3

#42 alex2473, Sep 4, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 11, 2016
    Juan. likes this.
  3. Juan.

Juan. Veteran Membah'

Ok I approve of the change, remember:

The spritesheet for hekaton is already animated

"Visitor" is a psychic character that creates illusions of himself, teleports and summons small golems

If you want, I'll make 5 custom poses for your character. They can be exclusive for your character if you want.

Again, sorry for late reply.

4. alex2473

alex2473 Newbie

I need 5 custom poses for my character.

#44 alex2473, Sep 11, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2016
  5. Juan.

Juan. Veteran Membah'

Alright good, just to be sure is it "visitor"?

Please show me a picture of the character you need along with the reference/template and I'll get to it soon as I can.

6. Aranimation

Aranimation TrueHorizonBestHorizon

Another inspiration/reference for any one who would still like to sign up for this!

Juan. and Shulkle like this.
  7. Aerocobe

Aerocobe Senior Membah'

HEY YOU, INVITE ME TO YOUR COLLAB! Also you may have to explain this to me cuz im really bad at reading shit c; (I'm not lazy i swear).
    Here's a reference on what i can do! Click me!

8. Shulkle

Shulkle Still the worst fight maker

Eyy! So you choose an obstacle course to run through. For instance if you pick OR1 or TR3, you break out of your
    cage and you use your character's powers to go from the cage you started to the button in the end. Pretty simple actually.

Juan. likes this.
  9. Juan.

Juan. Veteran Membah'

Seems to me like you have your basics down and more, it would be cool if you joined!

I think shulke made a very good explanation of what you're supposed to do and if you have more questions I'd be happy to answer them. You can pick any map you want from the resource section, right now we're missing two important maps, I'll give you a brief description:

Obstacle Room 1 (OR1): is the part that will go after the intro and it has two parts,

In the first part of the room you character starts in a jail cell that opens itself so you don't have to use the cage element.

The second part of the room is the obstacle course itself, there's a robot with rigs on the ceiling so i thought people could use it like... maybe a short fight or like something to grab on and jump to the other platforms...

Trap Room 3 (TR3): is the part that will go before the 3rd boss, the classic falling rock scene, there's also a laser section and a low gravity jumping section.

Since both of these maps are for one use only i think you can make your character stand out a little bit more with his explosive powers and make something else of the maps, it would be pretty cool to see.

10. Invader_Dray

Invader_Dray A Guy

May I join Juan-sama

Here is my demo thing.

(P.S. I want TR3)

11. Juan.

Juan. Veteran Membah'

Sorry, for now I have to say no.

You haven't reached the minimum level of skill required for the collab, there's very little movement in your animation and the fire casting sequence is not properly aligned, but if you try hard enough you could be very close.

There are guides and teachers here in maplemation that will make you improve really fast, I would suggest to change your room to something simpler like TR1 or OR3, nothing stops you from downloading the map and to practice with it.

There's still a lot of time left for the collab to come out, so go polish your skills and come back, maybe by then I can let you do TR3.

#51 Juan. , Oct 1, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2016
    Aranimation and Shulkle like this.
  12. Aerocobe

Aerocobe Senior Membah'

Ayy alright!! Seems easy enough
    Gotcha, hit me up with the important maps ill do em, or at least one

13. Shulkle

Shulkle Still the worst fight maker

Here's OR1 and here's TR3. You should probably pick one, unless you're up for the task, then go ham. I suggest picking the one you get most inspiration out of, or ideas.

Btw @Juan. I'm pretty sure you can delete your own post. It's on the tab underneath the post between Edit and Report.

Juan. likes this.
  14. Juan.

Juan. Veteran Membah'

15. Farlon

Farlon Think-Thonk

Ive been watching this thread for a long time, and finally got some decent animations out there so...here it goes

Applying for OR1

Aranimation, Juan. and Shulkle like this.
  16. Juan.

Juan. Veteran Membah'

Accepted

Yep, you meet the requirements I'll glady give you OR1 and two little tips I can give you:

1. Your jumps (which you'll be doing a lot in this collab) look wonky at times, i recommend seeing this tutorial to make them even better (Y).

2. You should animate your idle poses a bit more, sometimes it feels like the animation stops and it becomes a still image (this is prominent at the end of your second animation), you can fix this by adding a couple of rigs, hair movement and breathing; judging from your last animation, you probably already knew it but i say it anyways.

17. Juan.

Juan. Veteran Membah'

[​IMG]

@Ncaohili just made his breakout, Congratulations!

#57 Juan. , Oct 25, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2016
    StayFrosty, Aranimation, Drew and 3 others like this.
  18. Darlit Glitch

Darlit Glitch The lurking enigma

#58 Darlit Glitch, Nov 2, 2016
    Juan. likes this.
  19. Juan.

Juan. Veteran Membah'

Hmmm... You're close but I want to see more before I can formaly accept you:

The sound quality in your animations isn't very good, I think doing this should fix it:

1. Go to File/Publish Settings and click on the tab labeled "Flash"
    2. Now, where it says "Audio Stream/Audio Event" click on the "Set" button, change the quality from "fast" to "best" and the bit rate to 160 kbps (usually 128 kbps is enough, but i like having more just in case)

Regarding the other two animations, the first is just a symbol, a motion tween with opacity and I think there's something wrong with the v-cam, your character looks a bit squished; the other one has more symbols, 1 skew, a jump and some chatting, although the execution of that jump looked fine to me I would recommend watching this tutorial.

What's stopping me from making the decision is that you didn't show me too much, however, what impressed me the most was your first animation (I'm guessing you didn't get very far with sonic stuff) which is definitely waaaaaaaaaaaay better than mine, this tells me that you're a quick learner so consider yourself semi-accepted.

Remember nothing's stopping you or anyone from just taking a map from the resources and making the animation, for you, I suggest TR1 or OR3 which are fairly easy to animate in and you don't have to do the cage breakout thing because the first positions are already covered. You could do that if you wanted and send me the progress through private messages so I can help you fix it.

20. Darlit Glitch

Darlit Glitch The lurking enigma

Thanks for the tip, didn't realize my default settings were so crappy.

Yea, I had scaled my character up in bannedstory and had it make a sheet like that. Realized my mistake after posting the animation and looking at my sprites, so I redid it so they would be proper scale before doing anything else.

Thanks! I'll start working on it right away!

Btw my discord is Dar Lit Glitch#2447

#60 Darlit Glitch, Nov 2, 2016
    Juan. likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.