Base Breakout Collab

Discussion in 'Finished Projects' started by Juan. , Jul 16, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wolferian

Wolferian Some Tired EdgeLord.

Juan. likes this.
  2. Juan.

Juan. Veteran Membah'

K.

First animation: The throw at 0:04 was pretty bad, however the sprite transitions in the fight were ok which is the only thing you'll need for the collab, personally, it lacks hit effects, it should have been zoomed in on the fight and I would have also added a couple of v-cam shakes so it builds that sense of "impact"... Another thing, pls stay away from the smash bros sfx and no more XDDD RANDOM LOL THEN THEY BOTH DIED LOLOLOLO.

Second animation: It took 16 seconds for something else to happen, followed by another 5 seconds of a looping background and the transitions were choppy, even if it's old, I think we both knew you shouldn't have shown this to me...

Third animation:
    Overall, it's a decent animation but this time, the sprite transitions (the dash at the beggining, when he stabs the one dude and he does a flip from the hilt of the sword) and effects were both choppy or too sudden, mostly your shadow effects, but it's nothing a couple of f5's and easing can't fix.

Fourth animation:
    Alright, so his punches are already sprited transitions, what i'm seeing is that you don't try to replicate the same transitions for tweens and that's why it ends up looking a bit choppy to me, but it might also be because It's not on a video format, meaning it only looks choppy on fastswf.

What you need to do is to add more keyframes between your sprites, I'm talking about skewing and rigging. Also, be more confident man, I don't know what you're talking about your rigs not being good enough, they look perfect to me and this doesn't diminish anything from your application, it will only make you stand out more as an animator but it's not a requisite.

So yeah, I feel like you'll be able to make something interesting for the collab, no one has animated shadow powers so far; if it wasn't it your plans then it's totally ok, you should stick to your ideas. Accepted

Btw, you can take any room except TR3, we're fixing that.

This goes to everyone, please stick to the 3 animation rule, unless you're super confident and you only show 1.

#62 Juan. , Nov 5, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2016
    Wolferian likes this.
  3. Wolferian

wow, thanks for the advice. also thank you so much for accepting me, this means a lot and I know how my anim will play out. also, can I have an OR1 spot please. =D

4. Juan.

Juan. Veteran Membah'

At the moment @Farlon is doing OR1, you may take TR1, TR2, OR2 or OR3 which are repeteable maps, you don't need to animate the cage breakout part.

5. Wolferian

okay, il take OR2

6. Juan.

Juan. Veteran Membah'

[​IMG]

He did it... or she... I have no idea. Congratulations @Darlit Glitch !

Tra-La-Tracey and Shulkle like this.
  7. Juan.

Juan. Veteran Membah'

[​IMG]

@Wolferian has completed his part, Congratulations!

Update #4 - Extreme Makeover: TR3 Edition
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

TR3 Has been updated, @ForgettenSoul and I fused our maps and made something more like OR1, a two-parter. If the first map was special then the last one should be as well.

It's laggy because of all the things it has, we recommend deleting the sections of the map as you go OR turning invisible the things you don't need to see

[​IMG]
    This is a guide of how we thought the progression of the map should go, the sequences are:
    1. Rock falls and breakes the cage, the character evades it by breaking out and dodging to the right, thus activating the first set of lasers.
    2. The character runs through the rest of lasers then jumps on the closest floating platform.
    3. Depending on the character's powers, it can either follow the path or use his/her abilities to their advantage (like a psychic character/earth bender makes a bridge; a fire character that gets on the first platform and propels it with fire)
    4. To get through the big looping laser the character has to destroy the generator that's located at the top of the map, while avoiding the lasers or using his/her powers to their advantage.
    5. Run all the way back and complete the map.

HOWEVER, It is just a suggestion, I'd like to say again that you're free to do whatever you want with it.
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

BTW this is how are we doing so far so you don't have to go to the first page:

Order:

OR1: Farlon

TR1 (repeatable): 1. DeeJayHD COMPLETED; 2. DarLit Glitch COMPLETED;

BR1: Némao

OR2 (repeatable): 1. Aranimation; 2. Wolferian COMPLETED; 3.

TR2 (repeatable): 1. Ncaohili COMPLETED; 2.

BR2: Sparky

OR3 (repeatable):
    1. Shulkle COMPLETED; 2.SunGod; 3. ; 4.

TR3:

BR3: Alex2473

OR4: Juan

I feared this could happen, TR3 is not completed and the due date is fairly close, an extension might be needed in the near future.

#67 Juan. , Nov 20, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2016
    ForgettenSoul likes this.
  8. NobleJuice

Question. If i'm correct, Nemao got banned or something. What'll happen to BR1 now?

Juan. likes this.
  9. Shulkle

Shulkle Still the worst fight maker

Banned members should still have a right to animate their part they signed up for earlier. There are other means of contact than in MM, so I don't really see a problem.

Cool new makeover Juan/Oreo btw.

Kvn11 likes this.
  10. Juan.

Juan. Veteran Membah'

Thanks for asking.

Well, we became friends in the maple weapon collab skype chat, then I offered him the first boss since he wanted to join because he wasn't completely sure about the jumps and stuff.

After being banned because of a fault in maplemation's system (according to him, his account was bugged so he made another one then BAM) he felt really depressed and told me he needed more time. I won't deny this is a tough situation, the dude loves the forum a lot, even more than I do; in my opinion it would seem like the people in charge just don't care, they are being highly bureaucratic hiding behind their "you broke the rules". However, due his lack of fluency in the language he has caused some minor trouble in the site but most importantly he cannot communicate with them properly so I had to do it for him and even then I accomplished nothing.

So I made a deal with him, if he wasn't feeling ok by december he would be out of the collab so he could focus on his other projects, luckily, today he told me he's starting to feel better but, as I mentioned it is still possible that an extension might happen:

TR3 is still not done.
    I've seen progress in the boss rooms, all 3
    and the other rooms... I've talked a little with most of the guys, some of them reaffirmed their promises.

Sorry about the rant, had to get it off my chest. It's not like anything is going to happen.

11. Darlit Glitch

Darlit Glitch The lurking enigma
    Game Team

Juan, would it be possible for someone to be captured again after they escaped?

12. Don

Don Epic Beast Pwned Uber Noobs
    Retired Staff

Just because he's not proficient at speaking English doesn't mean he's allowed to say whatever he wants, and hiding behind a language barrier isn't going to protect him from the rules that we have set in place. On top of other allegations, he constantly harassed staff members such as Karasu and I demanding to be unbanned. His defense for creating another account was because he absolutely refused to use Discord to contact the administrators, and when he finally did contact me, I eventually blocked him because he wouldn't stop pestering me about being unbanned. (He even went as far as to contact my Gmail begging for me to unban him.) Crying to multiple staff members about wanting to be unbanned wasn't going to change our decision whatsoever.

Regarding his main account being banned, contrary to popular belief, he wasn't banned just because of the fact he made a second account. He did indeed break rules prior to getting banned, and the time he happened to be banned coincidentally occurred after his alternate account was banned.

[​IMG]

To reiterate what this guy said, we are not responsible for catering nor pandering to bi-polar, illiterate crybabies, regardless of whether or not people like him claim to "love" the forum.

We are not obligated to provide explanations regarding members being banned, but since multiple people have inquired about it before, and because you chose to criticize staff actions publicly, I saw it fit to disprove any false accusations against MM staff where everyone else could see it as well.

Have a wonderful day, and please do make sure to voice any concerns about staff actions privately from now on.

13. Juan.

Juan. Veteran Membah'

Nah dawg sorry, you may participate again with a new character though.

Although I did contact the staff privately, I will agree that It was wrong of me to let my feelings take that decision in this thread. He politely asked me to let him sort things out by his own. It's impossible for me to know what really happened between you two, the other staff members or anyone else who is involved on a personal level if you don't feel obliged to give explanations or if there truly was a "bug" in his account as he claims and I don't have anything to do with this.

If there's something positive we can take from this is, as you say, multiple people will know what happened to him and we can just turn the page and be done with it.

#73 Juan. , Nov 23, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 23, 2016
  14. Darlit Glitch

Game Team

Well, that's why i'm asking. I want to animate it with Dar and his abilities, but I'm not sure if that count's as the same character.

15. Juan.

Juan. Veteran Membah'

It doesn't because it's different abilities, so yeah you can animate your second character as well.

You may choose between OR2, TR2 and OR3

16. Darlit Glitch

Game Team

Well, I was thinking of trying my hand at TR3 and having that as a possible backup in case someone doesn't claim it.
    of course it would have to be an improvement over my last one, but I'm thinking of giving it a shot.

17. Juan.

Juan. Veteran Membah'

Sure, you can give it a try. I have high expectations for that map, If we're gonna use it as a plan b give it your best since It's the last map before the last boss.

18. Juan.

Juan. Veteran Membah'

[​IMG]

First room done! Congratulations @Farlon !

Update #5 - Final update, hopefully.

We spoke about this in the chat, the new due date is going to be January 23rd, all the rooms have been taken, however, if you are considering to join this collab you can still do one of four repeteable rooms.

Depending of when you read this you'll have more than one month to animate, so holiday breaks, school breaks, vacations... We'll be here.

SunGod, Alex303, DeeJayHD and 2 others like this.
  19. Juan.

Juan. Veteran Membah'

[​IMG]
    Praise the sun motherfu- Congratulations @SunGod!

Sadly, @Némao decided to leave the collab, he said he would not be able to finish his animation before the due date.

On a positive note, this is how things are looking so far:

OR1: Farlon COMPLETED

TR1 (repeatable): 1. DeeJayHD COMPLETED; 2. DarLit Glitch COMPLETED;

BR1:

OR2 (repeatable): 1. Aranimation; 2. Wolferian COMPLETED; 3.

TR2 (repeatable): 1. Ncaohili COMPLETED; 2.

BR2: Sparky

OR3 (repeatable):
    1. Shulkle COMPLETED; 2.SunGod COMPLETED; 3. ; 4.

TR3: Aerocobe

BR3: Alex2473

OR4: Juan COMPLETED

DeeJayHD likes this.
  20. Juan.

Juan. Veteran Membah'

[​IMG]

Smooth, Style, Fabulous. Congratulations @Aranimation!

By the way, OR2 is cursed/possesed by a demon, if you still want to make a part in the next 6 days do not choose that map because I will not accept it anymore.

Shulkle and Aranimation like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.