1. Guest, you may notice that chatbox is not here anymore. Use the Discord chat instead! It’s way more popular these days, Grandpa!
    Dismiss Notice

Beat the Dojo collab 2 - Hosted by Yegor and 7Loco

Discussion in 'Finished Projects' started by Yegor141 , Sep 12, 2015.

1. Yegor141

Yegor141 Praise the booty
    Donator

The 1st installment of the collab :

Hey there Maplemation community! after a lot of consideration and convincing Loco to co-host with me, Beat the dojo collab 2 is under way! (not really)

The collabs motto is : SIMPLICITY!

The story of the collab!
    The 1st installment was co-hosted by Orin, Aidan and myself, but unfortunately Orin decided to step back from animating thus leaving this collab hanging and in the hands of 2 talented animators no.
    The collab doesn't really have that big of a story line, just your basic Dojo run, just like in GMS : Enter the dojo, beat the living crap out of the mob, leave for the next stage, rinse and repeat!
    But only here, you don't move to another stage, the parts get combined so it looks like its the next stage huh?huh????

Ground rules!
    • You can fight any mob/boss in the game, as long as that it doesn't exceed the map limits.
    • Do not leave the dojo.
    • We encourage every type of animators : Flash/AE.
    • This collab encourages everyone to join, no matter at what animating skill you are.
    • Your parts will be animated in 24/30 fps
    • Canvas size will be 640 x 360.
    • The minimum time for the animation is 10 seconds and the maximum is 60 seconds.
    • The Vcam must stay within map borders.
    • Do not fade in and fade out your parts, the map must remain clean in the beginning and in the end.
    • Music not allowed in final production (Final export has to have no songs)
    • After you finish your animation, send us the .fla for better quality rendering (If you are afraid that your sheet might get exposed, do not. We are not planning on keeping the .fla after the collab is done).

http://puu.sh/komns/af40288dcf.fla
    (the file is flash 8 so you can open it in every flash version)

Useful information!

• Due date - 12t October
    Mobs used!

The format!
    Name:

#1 Yegor141 , Sep 12, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2016
    Johano Sarutobi, Trax, Noziki and 4 others like this.
  2. Blez

Blez Silence is the best response to a fool.

MFW My vacation is coming~

I guess I can join.

Name: Blez
    Position: 2
    Why do you want to join the collab: been wanting to join this old collaaaaaaaaaab

3. Yegor141

Donator

Since i know how you roll, You are accepted!

4. Drew

Drew
    YouTube Contributor

Name: Drew
    Position: 6
    Demo: Sent via Skype cuz its private.
    Why do you want to join the collab: Gives me an excuse for more practice : )

Yegor141 likes this.
  5. Yegor141

Donator

The "Shinku" gods told me to accept you.

Drew likes this.
  6. NarwhaI

NarwhaI "The Jedi of The Sea"

• The minimum time for the animation is 5 seconds and the maximum is 30 seconds.
    mayb

#6 NarwhaI , Sep 12, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2015
  7. PeaceTheAOD

PeaceTheAOD That one VFX guy who make shiny things™️

Name: Peace
    Position: w/e floats the boats =D (7 maybe?)
    Demo: I got chu in skype fam
    Why do you want to join the collab: To kick ass and chew bubblegum, and I've run outta' ass to kick, so this is a close second

8. Nemao

Nemao ¸.•*´¨`*•.¸¸.•*´¨`*•.¸

The format!
    Name: Némao
    Position: 5
    Demo: i dont have really demo, only longue video so check my channel you tube, click on my banner !
    Why do you want to join the collab: For participate first time in a collab (✿◠‿◠) and this is a good training for me. After if im rejected i understand, i have only 2 animations and i'm on the way of practices ! but if i can join a collab of my familly would be very cool for me <3

9. Glay

Glay Fuck me i guess
    YouTube Contributor

As it seems right now, this shit is VERY bare bones. i feel like some ground rules are unnecessary, stupid and sometimes contradict themselves.
    Like actually, i'm pretty confused, let me show you what i mean:
    I mean like i GUESS, you can do this but ugh..quality on different parts is just going to throw off the collab. The reason why collab hosters stick with flash parts is not because they like to shit on GIF-animators, it's because GIF quallity is pretty shit next to a flash/AE part. Not a good idea, but whatever.
    I guess this is nice, but then why do they need to show a Demo ( i understand you may want to see their work and stuff but i don't really feel it's needed if you're just going to add anyone anyway ).

Like actually..? What? Why? This is going to throw the collab off. think about it. Majority is going to do about 30FPS and then you have this once part in 60, it's just going to look really weird man. '' we do not restrict you FPS choice '' Alright let me just go make a 3FPS animation guys. Just keep it consistent

Nope, same story with the FPS dude, come on.
    I think this is a thing anyway, i don't see why you mention this. I guess you're just trying to say '' Sound Effects are allowed ''? Anyway. I feel like in a collab either EVERYBODY should use sounds or NOBODY should.

You want good Quality flash animations meanwhile you're hanging with shit quality GIF animations..??????????
    Minimum of 5 seconds is too short IMO.

Why. Does. It. Matter??????

Like, ughh, i feel like you guys weren't even thinking about the logic between your rules and the end result of the collab.. Also that banner looks pretty ew..sorry but come on look at that. Loco you could have looked at that and been like '' nahh man let me just make something sexy ''

Good luck with your collab i guess, i'm sitting this one out :(

Zack, Minh and Yegor141 like this.
  10. Yegor141

Donator

"Keep in mind that those rules are still shaky and may change!"
    I know what you mean but, i was super tired and drunk when i wrote this and loco was trying to help me ; -;

Fine.

Alright!

11. Minh

Minh Old-School 2010 Maple Animator

Name: Hnim
    Position: ortni
    Demo: sminahnim/moc.ebutuoy//:ptth
    Why do you want to join the collab: ııoq sdɟ 03 ʇɐp uı ǝɔıʇɔɐɹd ǝɯ dןǝɥ ןןʇı ǝsnɐɔǝq

12. Dan Derps

Dan Derps HAHAHA.

Name: dan derps
    Position: throw me anywhere
    Demo: i got one in skype
    Why do you want to join the collab: i need something to animate and this seems pretty fun

13. Yegor141

Donator

@Minh , @Danny McLofi Derps
    You are both accepted, ask Peace or Drew to add you to the skype conversation since i'm not home currently.
    ;
    Minh, the intro is taken atm, im still not sure if ill do it tho, ill keep you updated.
    (TBA - to be announced)

#13 Yegor141 , Sep 12, 2015
  14. Kira

Kira Lynus was herex2 !
    Donator

Name: Kura
    Position: anywhere es fine
    Demo: I don't have any up to date, but I'll send a old one over thru skype if u want
    Why: cause I haven't touched Flash for like 3 months.

there is something I want to discuss over skype so whenever u have teim

15. Yegor141

Donator

Hooked you up fam

16. Kingalbadire

Kingalbadire Newbie

Name: Kingalbadire
    Position: I don't mind where aha
    Demo: I don't really have a demo as i have only really 1 animation i have done so far :p which you can see on my youtube channel Here:
    Why do you want to join the collab: id love to work with other awesome people in the community. it would be a good learning experience and a great way to meet other fellow animators :D

17. Zack

Zack XxZackAttack27xX
    Animation Team

#17 Zack, Sep 12, 2015
    Yegor141 and Minh like this.
  18. Spritefan7

Spritefan7 SOON Heart

Yes it has took me quite a bit of encouragement after.. well that.

Although for your sake i guess, this collab isnt supposed to be a big one. Also, it states that this collab will start AFTER smash pig collab 2 is complete, giving people less to worry about.

my plan was to have it start a week after SPC2, but idk maybe itll start right away.

Anyways, the difference here is that this collab takes place in a smaller map that everyone will be animating in, as well as the monsters do not have to be bosses (maybe if you saw the above video, i think at least one of them wasnt a boss)

And if anyone thinks that no its supposed to be bosses, im going to keep it simple and say just fight any monster.

This is supposed to be an easy-difficulty type of collab, since most people id think are tempted to host something rather big.

Hopefully this worksout well, its half an experiment on my part too.

19. Zack

Zack XxZackAttack27xX
    Animation Team

My bad on my part. I skimmed the thread since I assumed it was exactly like the old collab, since that's what people usually do with sequels... Oppsies.

Just one part? Well I guess that changes everything, just one part, cool.

Serious time: I instantly labeled this as a MapleBoss copy because this stage is a big game mode in maplestory where you fight nothing but Boss characters. Same concept as MapleBoss, except in the Dojo collabs case: you're stuck in one room.
    I thought of Glays part(the one part you were referring too) as a joke animation or something of the sort, a non-cannon thing yaknow? But that's just an assumption of mine.
    I assumed you'd want to stick with the past collab's theme, so that's why I came into here going all "eehh wut deh fuk????". But you two apparently want to go for a "Dot collab"(a collab where literally anyone could join, high quality animator or not) type quality with this one. As much as I dislike that whole concept, I cant help but find it kinda adorable as well.

So I wish you both luck on the collaboration! Soz for being bitch.

Yegor141 and Spritefan7 like this.
  20. Warren

Warren Change: Beetle

And you want me to take you seriously?

Noxx, Yegor141 , Don and 1 other person like this.