Best of Bannedstory maker. Old fart++

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Poke, Jul 28, 2020.

1. Poke

Poke Boomer

Hi! Nearly 15 years ago I got into Maplestory animations on the Various old Bannedstory forums. I used to be on the “animation team” once we established it, and my name was simply Poke. I helped coordinate several weekly/monthly animation projects around a theme. I was often just an ideas person. Those were early Smash Wall, Smash Mushroom, Final Smash, Infiltration days. Are Color Wars still a thing? Haha

Early on I for some reason had the idea to save people’s gifs (at the time we basically just used photoshop, gimp, and neopaint to animate) and I threw them into a crappy video in Windows Movie maker, and posted it to YouTube. I never actually asked folks for permission as I was young and dumb, but I’m happy the video still exists as an odd time capsule of what some of the first Maplestory animations looked like. To this day, it has nearly 500k views.

I’ve always heard of Maplemation (I believe the Bannedstory Backgrounds Forum was the last “Bannedstory” forum that was a part of) but I’ve never made an account here. I’ve kept watching over the past decade what folks have made though, especially the animation compilations posted on Hyun’s Dojo, and it’s amazing what people have created and how much things have improved.

I’m mostly here to bask in the nostalgia, and to see if there are any old farts still around. Those forums were a big part of my life for a few years, and I hold it near and dear to my heart to this day.

MagnumBlue, Gregio, Twame, xSwiftClawx (am I missing any “x”s?), and Cappie are just some of the other names that others may remember dearly. There are TONS of others I remember but to list them all would be too much for me ha.

2. SwordGrayFire

SwordGrayFire Retiring Eventually

Hey there, Poke! Nice to see your face around here. Man, you bask in nostalgia is something I would do as well for sprite animations and would force to bring back for my own nostalgic sake too. I'm no old member but nice to meet ya!

Poke and quentin galloway like this.