Catch the Flag Collab

Discussion in 'Dead Projects' started by NarwhaI , Jun 19, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NarwhaI

NarwhaI "The Jedi of The Sea"

Summer is here and you know what it means,you guessed exactly right. collabs!

this summer im sure alot of you,animators,are like me. you have alot of spare time and dont know exactly what to animate. so ill start a short series of short collabs for the summer.

Catch the FLAG Collab

The general idea:
    The reds and the blues are playing Flag. All the collab members will be seperated into those two teams,each team member will have to present their way of stealing the flag from another teams member or base on their entry. May it be a funny way or even a brutal and mercyless way, its your choice. just make your entry GLOW and STAND out because the MM community will be the one to choose which team wins.

How the collab is gonna work:
    I will accept people as pairs,so the number of the members in each team is even.
    I will try to keep the skill level of animation in both teams as balanced as i can and the max people for each team is 7

Requirements to apply:

1. Demo of your currect skill (Medium to high animation skills will be accepted)
    2. Name
    3. Skype
    4. Preffered team
    5. General idea of your animation (tell me how you going to steal that flag)
    Requirements from applied members:
    Canvas: 640x360
    FPS: 24/30/60
    FLA:Delete all traced bitmaps and after finished & put your whole items into a folder with your name.
    The Duration: Between 20 to 60 sec entry
    The Final Product: Send me a zip/rar file that contains your fla,swf and mp4 (mp4 is optional)
    The animation should START with a black screen and FADE to a black screen

Deadline will be decided one the collab is full and the list will be closed.

APPLIED:

Team BLUE
    1. Narwhal
    2. Nicaryan Knight

Team RED

1. Ainn/Chia Akiyama
    2. Just C

#1 NarwhaI , Jun 19, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 5, 2016
  2. Ainn

Ainn ↻ Gravity Wielder
    YouTube Contributor

1. ChiaAkiyama​
    2. ChiaAkiyama​
    3. Red​
    4. Ainn will start lifting the flag from a fair distance, surprising a blue team member who is guarding the flag, then will hit the member with the flag itself, stealing it away. He will then be attacked, but throws (passes) the flag along to a nearby teammate who continues offscreen with the flag.​

NarwhaI likes this.
  3. ownblade

ownblade Senior Membah'

Will we have music provided or do we use our own?

4. NarwhaI

Accepted.
    I guess you can use your own,just fade it in and out

5. Nemao

Nemao ¸.•*´¨`*•.¸¸.•*´¨`*•.¸

I want join it but, i'm waiting FIRST to finish my MWC collab part, then okay.

NarwhaI likes this.
  6. Collin

Collin Oppai
    Donator

Honestly your description of how this would even work doesn't make much sense.

So... each team member has to make a separate animation of their character stealing a flag.

Questions:
    1. Are there any requirements or restrictions for how the person can go about stealing the flag?
    2. Is there any setting? Like, what does the environment have to be like?
    3. Does each team member have to just animate his/her self against a single opponent, or does they have to animate their character against the ENTIRE opposing team, or do they have to animate their entire team against the opposing team with them being the one to get the flag?

I strongly advise that you don't just allow anything in regards to questions 2 and 3. If you allow everyone to do whatever they want, it'll create some serious breaks in the collab's continuity.
    4. Is this going to be a Collab or a Competition?
    Because this sounds more like a faction war-type event. I can't imagine how you would plan on stringing together a bunch of parts that will, in all likelihood, not look good strung together into a single video. The reason I say this is because everyone's gonna want to do something different and it'll kill the flow of the collab.

Yegor141 and Jaycie like this.
  7. NarwhaI

Nope,theres no requirements or restrictions for how the person can steal the flag. also i know that it will break the collab flow if i allow anything BUT it's not that type of collab.
    i only created this collab for fun and to get people motivated to animate in their summer break,develop their creativity and not for views on "youtube" as the spoiler says. so yeah you can present any environment in your entry,just go creative with this as you can. and don't understand me wrong,its not a "lazy collab" type of thing but a creative practice for advanced animators,so you can choose any environment and you can go as crazy as you want with the WHOLE rival team or you can engage in battle with a single opponent. and for question 4, its a COLLAB that has a competition with it,just for the good sport. its not like you lose something or win anything from it. I will sort the parts considering the skill of the animator,so if member's X skills from the red team is equal to the skills of member Y from the blue team,ill put them one after one and so on.

If something is not understanable or you have more questions youre more than welcome to ask them,also you consider joining?

8. Wolferian

Wolferian Some Tired EdgeLord.

1. Demo:
    2. Name:Wolferian
    3. Skype:WarrenStandley89
    4. team:blue
    5. (fade out from black)idea:wolf will dash at the flag but be attacked by (insert other team person here cause i got no ideas)and have to fight for the flag using/it being used as a weapon every now and then and he will then deliver the final blow (somehow) and run off with the flag(with fade into black)

9. NarwhaI

Requirements to apply:
    1. Demo of your currect skill (Medium to high animation skills will be accepted)
    please read next time

Nuuwah likes this.
  10. Nicaryan-Knight

Nicaryan-Knight Nykarcian

2. Nicaryan-Knight/Nykarcian (or just Nyka)
    3. nicaryan.knight

4. BLUE
    5. A girl on a motorcycle will drive by in the beginning, catching the attention of a Red flag member. The member will go after her when Arby will barge in and kick him at a wall in a decent amount of distance. Arby will approach the flag when the red member calls to him and lunges at him. Arby dodges and elbows the member in the gut, then pulling out his cannon and smacking him away. Right afterwards, he unclips the blades from his cannon and smacks the opponent down to the ground with it, then pinning the member to the ground. He walks to the person and aims the cannon down at him, the blast engaging. Arby tells them to stay down for the meantime. He then walks to the flag and claims it. He walks off screen. Then the blades pinning the member down disconnect from the ground and fly towards the direction where Arby left.

NarwhaI likes this.
  11. NarwhaI

Welcome to the club :^)

12. Just C

Just C Memes

13. NarwhaI

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.