1. Guest, you may notice that chatbox is not here anymore. Use the Discord chat instead! It’s way more popular these days, Grandpa!
    Dismiss Notice

Chatbox message editing shortcut button

Discussion in 'Answered Feedback' started by Hagaz, Aug 18, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hagaz

Hagaz The guy that used to be "That one guy" once.

The title describes half of what I'm suggesting.

I suggest we get a keyboard command [Preferably the UP arrow button] to take us to the editing box instantly. It'd be as smooth as a Skype conversation, and having it in would be a +1.

What do you say? :D.....

iSmokeToast likes this.
  2. LeoV

LeoV gone
    Retired Staff

would be nice, but i took a quick look and it doesn't seem to be possible. we'd have to dig in the code of the chat plugin, and i don't think any of us is willing to mess with that - xenforo's quite a beast all by itself.

pinging @Aidan

edit: i just remembered you can double-click on your message to edit it (at least here it works). don't know if that's much harder than a key press, but it's better than going on a little menu i think

#2 LeoV , Aug 18, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2015
    Hagaz likes this.
  3. Hagaz

Hagaz The guy that used to be "That one guy" once.

Oh alright. I guess this double clicking is faster than going to menues, but I mainly suggested it for a waaaaaaaaaay smoother chatting. Just suggesting after all.

Then again.. It's really fine if you guys can't apply it, either lol

4. Collin

Collin Oppai REEEEEEEEEEEEfender
    Donator

I dont see how having a shortcut key would help anyway. You'd have to also specify what message you want to edit. And that could be a pain if you've got like 20+ messages in the recent history.

The button on the left side that lets you edit or delete your message already allows for a great degree of ease of use. A single hotkey would just complicate things.

5. Aidan

Aidan The Spires
    Retired Staff

Thanks for the suggestion, but it's already easy enough to just double click. It would be a lot of effort for something so small.

Hagaz likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.