1. Guest, you may notice that chatbox is not here anymore. Use the Discord chat instead! It’s way more popular these days, Grandpa!
    Dismiss Notice

Christmas special (in collaboration with Ashbalt)

Discussion in 'Finished Projects' started by ElysonMelvic, Oct 22, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ElysonMelvic

ElysonMelvic The Ultimate Bullshitter

I'm keeping this as straightforward as possible. Sorry but I'm not exactly good making a call to action, so I apologise for sounding ''demanding'' Q^Q"

Note: Latest updates will be in this colour.

As the title suggests, it's a Christmas special dedicated to MapleMation and everyone involved C:
    The idea here is to get everyone together to pitch in no matter where you are or who you are. So come and join. ^^/

First things first, we need a group of decent animators.
    When I say decent, I mean decent in rigging and being cinematic (includes lip syncing).

Please read and spread word of the next paragraph!!!!!!
    As for the rest, please please please please please take some of your time out to send us, either one of the hosts, a voice recording of you saying/shouting "Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!" and then followed by some applause or shouts or whatever you want. (Just nothing that strays from the main topic.) Oh and try to make it as crisp and clear as possible (if can't then just send the voice recording to us anyway). You could either send us your voice recording via Skype or MM messaging.

On top of that, there will be a "group photo" at the end of the video so please do send us a .png or custom pose of your character with your voice recording. It is advisable to do both.
    However it is possible to just send us a .png of your character (it'll be very much appreciated). If there are no submissions, animators of the collab will start to randomly pick out SS from the members of MM. Do not worry for as we will ask for your permission first before using it.

Here are our Skype ID's
    -Elyson (kimura-rin)
    -Cielo (weeyang18)
    -Drew (drewv456)

Okay...! Recruitment time! ^~^"

Animation team members (currently):
    • Elyson (Scene 1 and Credits and extra crap)
    • -empty slot-
    • PeaceDove (Scene 3)
    • Cielo (Scene 4)
    • -empty slot-
    • Drew (Scene 6)
    We're specifically looking for Flash animators. If you think you meet our requirements (as stated in paragraph 2) and is interested in joining, pm me on Skype/MM for the script. Full spritesheet download will be available after the animation team is fully formed.
    Trust me, the scenes are really really short. :D
    Version: Adobe Flash Professional CS6
    FPS: 30
    Canvas size: 640x360
    Time limit: Unlimited (Just. Don't give us 3 secs long. Length depends on your scene length, so please estimate as well as you can!)

*For FPS and canvas size, I've already prefixed it in the .flas which I will distribute to the animators. Hopefully, my glasses didn't fool me.
    Note: You need to submit the application form first before asking me for the script. Each scenes are in different lengths. If you're uncomfortable with the scene you've chosen, feel free to change it, provided the scene part is still available.
    1. Name:
    2. Skype ID:
    3. Demo of your best rigging/cinematic animation/lip syncing.
    4. Which scene would you like?

Deadlines to meet:
    1. Animation team applications are until 10th November, no new applications will be taken in no matter what the reason is.
    2. Your animation part MUST be finished by 16th December. We still have some editing to do after that.
    3. Voice recording submissions are currently open starting from now till 10th December.
    4. Custom pose and .png submissions are currently open starting from now till 10th December.

Honestly, I hope everyone takes part in this collaboration. For the soon-to-be-joining animators, we'll be looking forward in working with you C:
    Head's up! Release date will be on 24th December!!!!

Post a comment if you have any questions regarding this project. Thank you~ ^~^

Whoops sorry for the late update but...

Animation team:
    • Elyson (Scene 1, credits and some special stuff)
    • Peace (Scene 2 and 3)
    • Cielo (Scene 4 and 5)
    • Drew (Scene 6. Extra note from Drew: "There might be a trailer.")

Voice actors:
    • Cielo (main voice actor)
    • Drew (main voice actor)
    • Elyson
    • Blez
    • Shinobi
    • Jeremy

WELL HOPE YOU GUYS ARE LOOKING FORWARD :D (and pardon a few of us for our...uh...unusual accent x'D)
    Last update : 17/11/2015

#1 ElysonMelvic, Oct 22, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2015
  2. Lamitrov

Lamitrov King of the Lambs

This sounds really cool! Hope you get the other 3 animators soon ^_^ (Good luck :D)

ElysonMelvic likes this.
  3. Garrett

Garrett That one VFX guy who make shiny things™️

1. Name: PeaceTheAOD
    2. Skype ID: generallolz (pops up as Peace Dove)
    3. Demo of your best rigging/cinematic animation/lip syncing:

Rigging of a kaiser character I was working with:
    http://www.fastswf.com/NLIyldE
    http://www.fastswf.com/ViVGchc

I can make some cool things in AE from time to time:

^Intro to WindMastas videos

^Just me screwing around with AE

^Start of my chaser collab

As for lip sync this is all I have... FOR NOW, once the dojo collab and chaser collab come out I'll have more:

(note: This was in june, I've gotten better at it sense then)

4. Which scene would you like?
    I'm down for whatever scene you'd like me on.
    Whatever floats the boats.

4. gameboy360

gameboy360 Learner

hhmmm...this is interesting and kinda fun
    i'll join someday if im available ^^

ElysonMelvic likes this.
  5. ElysonMelvic

ElysonMelvic The Ultimate Bullshitter

Accepted ^-^ (I'm on mobile now xP I'll I hand you the script once I get on my pc ^^;)

6. Blez

Blez Silence is the best response to a fool.

You should state the flash requirements.

FPS? Canvas size ? How long is the animation?

Goodluck hosting this collab.
    I would join this after when I'm done with all my stuff. :L

7. Drew

Drew
    YouTube Contributor

Hey everyone, got some good news and bad news.
    The bad news is, regarding the animation part of this, the head of this project, Elyson, has unfortunately been held back becasue of many reasons. She has recently has been travelling to attend co-currucular activities and on the 16th, she will be traveling overseas to Veitnam for around a week or more. Elyson also doesn't even have her laptop with her as we speak, for it's been taken to the repairman for the time being. And that aside, Elyson is, nonetheless, stuck with studies/school work that will prevent this project to be released in time for Xmas. With all that in mind, unfortunately, the animation part of this will be cut out. We apologize for the inconvenience, and can assure you that this is a MASSIVE learning experiance for Elyson, and will learn a lot from this. She still wishes to stay loyal to the MM community, Horizon, etc.
    The good news is, the projects isn't completly out of commission. We also said we will be creating a christmas photo with everyone's characters. But now we will be doing more than one, and will be sure to put a lot of effort into them. Elyson and I will work together on these and will release them when christmas finally rolls around. So we'll see you guys then.
    And with that being said, thank you guys for listening, and this thread can be locked now.

Blez likes this.
  8. Wage

Wage Newbie

this sounds like a cool fun thing, hope you find the people you need, i would join but im not 2 confident with my work as of yet, although i did get way better from last, still going to fine tune myself

9. CCshinobi

CCshinobi Director, Actor, Forum Moderator

Locking.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.