combo test 2.5 stage with ragna the bloodedge of blazblue

Discussion in 'Animations' started by jose117, Jan 23, 2017.

1. jose117

jose117 latino animator video game fan

2. Flicker Fall

Flicker Fall Flicker-Fall here

unless this dude is moving incredibly fast, and even if he is, the dummy should have some of its basic physics be noticeable. it took me a few watches to realize that you did have the physics in there, and that was mainly because the dummies movements were too stiff. you need to add some ease to any tweens you have in there.

3. Thatch

Thatch The Cheese Master

Eyoo, nice sprites. But what I have to say is that there is no flow at all. After every punch he stops for like a second, then punches again. Try syncing movements to music as a practise. Cuz as weird as it sounds, combat should be like music. There should be a rythm in it. Not necessarily a noticible rythm or 'song', but just something to make the guy going. Something like: kick kick punch, kick punch. Kick punch kick, kick kick, Smash. Idk xD I think you get the idea. Thats the only thing Im gonna say for now. You sure need some improvement but I think you have potential. Just keep trying and practicing (something I do too little) and you'll get there in no time! ^^

Flicker Fall and jose117 like this.
  4. jose117

thanks for the tip i keep the mind for my next animation

Thatch likes this.
  5. StayFrosty

StayFrosty Lynus was here! WAS.

Hello Jose,

I see that you have a lot of the basics pinned down which is good.

However, the reason why your animation may feel a little jarring and stiff is due to the character moving back to the default pose after every attack. Instead, try to chain attacks together, from a kick into a kick.

The skewing is also quite...radical. Try to tone that down a little.

I must also comment that he ought not to yell after every attack; Once every few attacks would suffice.

Those are the major points that I will say for now, fix those, and your animation should improve greatly.

Good luck and have fun animating.

jose117 likes this.
  6. jose117

yeah this is my first time usin this sprites i normary usen maplestory spriters