Dally's Map Team Application

Discussion in 'Closed Applications' started by Dally , Jul 8, 2018.

?

Did he do it?

1. Yes

100.0%
  2. Naw

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dally

Dally Watcher of the Land

1. Who am I? How did I become active in Mapmaking? Why? When? Who taught me?
      I’m Dally, maple map enthusiast and have been around the maple media scene for almost a decade. I joined Maplemation around the end of 2010 and have posted maps after watching inspirations such as Scott from BSBG & Goates make their mark on maple maps. I initially requested maps to make animations, but slowly began enjoying the process of creating maps myself because of the tinkering to shape it as you visualize. I am mostly self-taught through reading tutorials on map making on any maple site I found.
    2. What will be your future behaviour in the team? Why do you want this position? What are the plans to improve this team?
      As someone who love maps, along with its possibilities; I will continually evolve past my current skill level, and I want the same for all my fellow maple mapmakers. I want this position to inspire the fellow map team & everyone else to animate to their heart’s desire, along with putting a great effort to their backgrounds, as I believe every subtlety to their maps make a great deal of difference. I plan to improve the team by organizing some map collabs of various themes to keep their creative juices flowing along with my own.
    3. What are some of your best work, and why do you think it is the best?
      One would definitely be my first Neon City Map.
      [​IMG]
      It was a far contrast to some of my previous work that went out of my comfort zone and created just the look I wanted with the usage of filters & splicing map objects to make things work.

Another one of my best is the City of Maplemation - Peachy Apartments Bus Stop.
      [​IMG]
      It was one of my early attempts on what I call “reference ads” while blending them with the background to highlight the busyness of business in the City of Maplemation.

The Airport is a recent work which I am also very proud of, along with my love for reference ads.
      [​IMG]
      I also did some splicing of different map objects, such as putting the top of the train tracks from the Singapore maps as a top frame, along with some signage indicating it as the “Flozone”, indicating it as a shopping area that also acts as a path to their flights. I am also proud of utilizing some fonts to fit onto Jinli’s shop as well, along with the construction of her shop as a bakery with multiple different sources of map objects.

The Aquarius Entrance is another work that emits a mysterious atmosphere describing the calm, along with a view of what they will encounter in their adventure to enter Aquarius.
      [​IMG]
    4. Is there anything else you want to add?
      Thanks for reading!

Hunter , Narky, DDFawfulGuy and 12 others like this.
  2. Shulkle

Shulkle Still the worst fight maker

I really adore the Aquarius Entrance map. Your maps are always pleasing to look at, and at the same time, nothing too complicated that disorients me or makes me confused on what it's supposed to be. I'd say this is a pass for Map Team.

By the way, I'm stealing your maps thanks.

Dally likes this.
  3. Narky

Narky Time stone protector.

Wow man these maps are incredible! i really do like the neon city map it looks freaking sweet. You can tell that you are passionate about making maps because the amount of detail in each map and honestly that kind of passion is just what the Map team would want!. You totally got this :D

Dally likes this.
  4. Pizzaman432

Pizzaman432 Beyond God

You're in.

Dally likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.