Dan's AT Application

Discussion in 'Closed Applications' started by Dan Derps , Mar 3, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dan Derps

Dan Derps i am me.

Hi. My name is Daniel. I'm an active member of this forum, and after some people telling me to go for it, I've decided I'm going to apply for the animation team.
    1. What is your best work? Post as many animations as you need.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KbA2F5VEgvk

2. Why do you want this position?
    I want this position for one reason. Improvement. Although my animations are considered "good", I don't want that. I want my anims to be considered "excellent" or "top tier". I want to get better at What I do, and I feel like if I have a bunch of experienced animators, I can become a much better one in their midst.
    What makes you worthy of this position?
    What makes me worthy of this position? Uh... That's up to determination. I feel that in my years of animation on maplemation, I've been able to bring new things to the table, even if they haven't been successful. Such as, collabs that are more comedy based that action based and even some collabs that are a balance of the two elements. I've also brought some more drawn animations onto the forum to add some diversity to the animation section. I said it was up to determination though because other people might think I haven't contributed much to the forum. I feel I've contributed a couple of considerable things that should be noted though.
    What are your goals in this team?
    My goals are to become better at animation because although people say I'm good at it, I feel like I have yet to reach my full potential, and by joining a team of talented animators, I might be able to unlock the untapped potential and be as good as some of my favorite animators and be able to entertain people with more high quality animations.
    Anything Else You wanna add?
    Lastly, I would like to say, I feel like I might not get this, y'know. And I don't want to be accepted if you guys are the slightest bit unsure about putting me in. I want you guys to be 100% in. If you guys feel that I'm not ready for such a position, then it's all good. And I want you guys to tell me exactly why, don't sugar coat it. I will consider these problems and fix them. I've been rejected from collabs, factions, and other things since I joined May 31, 2013. What makes this any different?

Thank you so much for your time, AT and MM.

Collin , Blez, Garrett and 7 others like this.
  2. Nemao

Nemao ¸.•*´¨`*•.¸¸.•*´¨`*•.¸

I wish you good Luck Dan, i know people will again think i fanboy but i'm not gonna change my attitude, gonan be honnest and sincerely to everyone, but you are one of important member in this communauty for me, you always make me happy with your video etc, one day i was sad and you make an video, you give my smiles back, so i wish you to be in. i think this is what make you worthy in the AT.

Dan Derps likes this.
  3. Aquila

Aquila "Sword, Zeal and Sex Appeal"
    Retired Staff

I'm afraid to say that your application has been rejected.

Putting the humor aside, your animations can get pretty creative but on a technical level they're still fairly basic- albeit still fairly above average. You're using arcs more often which already puts you a good distance ahead of the rest, but you're lacking in pretty much every other principle from squash and stretch to secondary motion.

You don't have to be in the team for this, that's what the animation section is for, if any of us have something to say about it, we put it there. The teams aren't classrooms, also...

I don't know who told you such a bizarre concept, but the teams aren't hiding some magic formula to get good at whatever, you already get feedback and it depends on how you take it, the teams are just there to help anyone in their respective fields.
    I'll agree with you on the next point though, you've been contributing a hell of a lot to the forum and I think that's team quality, but just that isn't really enough.

If you believe you have some kind of hidden potential you have to unlock, more power to you, you're always welcome to apply again once you have.

Dan Derps likes this.
  4. Dan Derps

Dan Derps i am me.

Thank you so much for your time, animation team!
    i'll get better and apply again someday!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.