Daren's Application

Discussion in 'Closed Applications' started by DarenDevil, Oct 31, 2018.

?

Art Team?

1. Si

100.0%
  2. 0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. DarenDevil

DarenDevil kush kush kush
    Design & Art Team

Tell us your biography. Who are you? How did you become active in this media? Why? When? Who taught you?Just tell us a little about yourself.

Aye I'm Daren (Kokain) ~ I was that dude who painted over maplestory pixels when I first got here :']
    (It's all in the past now though, please don't roast me again)

Firstly, I honestly wasn't even sure how digital art worked until I popped in here back in 2016. I had always assumed that those cool maplestory art banners were made by some god level traditional artists who had made white printer paper their b*tch - So when I saw the art of those 'filthy elitist tryhards' in the art team/community I immediately became inspired, invested in an art tablet that was probably stolen, and became who I am today :
    A filthy beaner with an art tablet who managed to go from disrespectfully drawing over pixels to making some decent art :]
    And for that, I am forever grateful for <3

Tell us anything we need to know about your future behavior in the team.Why do you want this position?

Overall, you guys opened a great path for me, that I don't think I would've found anywhere else. From the helpful criticism to motivating comments that I received from this community, I was able to improve and refine the skills of what I love doing the most, and build connections with people that I consider to be some of my greatest friends.
    From this, I hope to be able to provide the same kind of inspiration to those who also stumble upon this place.
    And although I still have much to improve on in my own work, I will always be happy to share the knowledge that I've come to learn from my own art journey - just as the current and original art members have been, and are doing now :]

What are your plans to improve the team? How dedicated are you?
    UHHH
    This question is hard when the team is already solid and flawless..
    but uhhm... i know español....i speak taco
    I could help future spanish speakers (If they ever come..) with their issues regarding art related topics :^]

How dedicated are you?
    My fists are ready.

Post 5-10 pieces of your work

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Do you have anything else to add?

Theres an old art thread buried somewhere here that I made when I was still an uncultured swine doing traditional art -
    I drew some peeps from the community, and I think its a good measure of how much I've grown throughout my time here :D

Echo, Kajiya, Noz and 2 others like this.
  2. Kajiya

Kajiya The Forge God

Si senior

Si soy del rancho

DarenDevil likes this.
  3. pinkcacti

pinkcacti prickly
    Design & Art Team

dareeeeeeeeen!! ahhh i cant make the call but id love to be art team buddies!!!! but im sure youll get in your art is amazing!!

DarenDevil likes this.
  4. Kaneko

Kaneko Still The Weakest Student Of Horizon
    Design & Art Leader

YES! YEES!! WE SAY YES!! Welcome to the art hood my guye!! :coolguy: Lets do our best in art section as a team

DarenDevil and pinkcacti like this.