[DBX] - Zoro vs Kenshin

Discussion in 'Animations' started by Kayas , Feb 16, 2017.

1. Kayas

Kayas The Indolent
    Animation Leader

Shitty sellout animation with too much fire particles and AE sparkled over.

2. Kat

Kat Medicine keeper

The opening is way too long... and gets annoying rather quick. But also the main animation looked nice but I don't get why is there so much fire particles everywhere. That kinda ruined it for me.

The man in the opening should just stop. He takes up 1/4 of the video.

Duo Bios and Lynus like this.
  3. Jaycie

Jaycie Chop~

A lot of this were very well done! Especially the 2.5D. I like it very much!

Good job!

4. Lynus

Lynus R.I.P Reginald.
    Retired Staff

Absolutely fuckin great dude, holy wow.
    Just a few nitpicks with the overlays and colours you picked for the background and whatnot, it's abit jarring and taken away from the animation IMO,

CCshinobi and Kayas like this.
  5. jose117

jose117 latino animator video game fan

that was amazing i like that stage of 360 degress and the animation insef good work

6. CCshinobi

CCshinobi Filmmaker, Animator

0:53 to 1:05 was beautiful - probably the best part in terms of animation and fighting choreography.
    It's a brilliant scene and usage of AE overall, but I do think some of the camera work is too excessive in style, to the point of dizziness. There's too much spinning at one point when the characters themselves aren't really turning, and so that whole section would've been better off on a tracking shot or wide to depict the scale and speed of these characters. With the camera rotating nonstop, it just looks like they're rotating their entire bodies without any foot or sliding movement. Just imagine someone in real life watching these two from a still perspective and how weird that would look lol.

I also have to agree that the color scheme was rather outlandishly distracting. Red's great for danger and psychological tension, but too much gets to a point where the background and environment is both distracting and looks surreal/overboard unnatural/apocalyptic af...unless that's what you wanted. Regardless, a bit of contrast in the visual colors would've helped.

Other than that, the animation, choreo, use of different perspectives, and VFX was stunning. Nice work, and good luck with working for SA! Seriously good luck D:

7. iSmokeToast

iSmokeToast PRYR 36518444
    Retired Staff

love ae sparkles

dude the thirty second blue apron screenplay really takes a toll on you