1. Guest, you may notice that chatbox is not here anymore. Use the Discord chat instead! It’s way more popular these days, Grandpa!
    Dismiss Notice

Donors?

Discussion in 'Bugs & Feedback' started by SuperKimxD , Sep 24, 2016.

1. SuperKimxD

SuperKimxD Space Case

First and foremost, I'm posting this from a mobile device, so hopefully the formatting ends up okay. Now on to important stuff.
    I've seen "Donators[1]" around, but I haven't been able to find any information about donating at all. I've looked around the forums and website a lot, but am I still somehow overlooking it? If there really isn't any information available, then I have a few questions, and hopefully this is the right place for them.
    1. Can I donate to MapleMation?
    2. How are donations taken? PayPal?
    3. What are donations used for?
    4. Are there rewards for donating? If so, what?
    5. If I were to donate, could I request to be labeled as a "donor" rather than a "donator[2]?"
    6. If I were to donate, would I gain access to the resources without having 100 posts [3]?

Thanks for the clarification,
    SuperKimxD

[1]. While "donator" is not technically incorrect, the term is rarely used today. "Donor" is far more common and acceptable.
    [2] It's not a huge deal, but it is somewhat important to me.
    [3] The goal of the one hundred post requirement is to ensure that people stick around and aren't just here for the resources, right? I think that donating would prove that just as much as a hundred posts would, if not moreso.

2. Trowicia

Trowicia Querulous Quidnunc
    Retired Staff

1. Probably not now since they haven't set up a donate email for the site (last time I checked)
    2. Paypal was the only way donations were accepted.
    3. They used to be for general upkeep of the site and hosting package.
    4. Unique name color, badge and some other "premium" advantages over a regular member.
    5. Can't answer that one as I don't admin the site anymore, that's the current admins things.
    6. If I can recall correctly, yes you do unless circumstances changed since I last did admin work around here.

3. Paul

Paul Guest

SuperKimxD likes this.
  4. SuperKimxD

SuperKimxD Space Case