Dual team member pls

Discussion in 'Game Team' started by Blacksmith, Sep 27, 2018.

?

You wanna play my games, fam?

1. Yes, it hype bro.

83.3%
  2. No, Go away.

16.7%
  1. Blacksmith

Blacksmith N E G R O I D
    Sprite Team

1. What type of Media do you wish to work with in regards to games (Code, Art, Animation, etc...)

I work with mostly sprites (in sprite team) but also can work with flash and a wee bit of java, at the moment I'm using AS3 (flash based code) for my classes for my game design minor certification

2. Who are you? How did you become active in this media? Why? When? Who taught you? Tell us your story around this media.

I've treated coding as a small hobby, first messing with Java for a while before taking a class in high school about basic HTML, then after that usually just did what ever I could in flash using AS3, and it's been increasingly better even though my code is still relatively basic

3. Tell us anything we need to know about your future behavior in the team. Why do you want this position? What are your plans to improve the team? How dedicated are you?

Decided to join simply because this was a chance to give to the Forums while contributing to something else, creating an RPG within flash and possibly expanding from that. As for future behavior, I wont talk much unless pinged due to being relatively busy, but I wont decline a nice conversation with the team.

4. Do you have any games you worked on or made assets for already? If so, show us.

I have made various sprites and scenery pixel art over the years which can all be found under the sprites section which serve as a rough proof of being able to create my own assets if needed, also theres the recent test of basic player control in the MISC subsection of the forums which i will keep updating regularly if I manage to fit in a new mechanic

5. Do you have anything else to add?

That was it really, and I thank you for your time! Also the lack of links and what not is because im making this thread from my phone.

#1 Blacksmith, Sep 27, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 27, 2018
    Pyroflo likes this.
  2. Pyroflo

Pyroflo Horizon's future villain
    Game Team Leader

Hey Blacksmith!

First of all thanks for your application.

You've got a lot of positives going for you, with spriting experience for assets, and your game design minor degree in the making.
    The game looks very basic, but very promising, and Flash coding is always welcome here.

As for that, please remember that we are a team that works off of each other's strenghts and weaknesses to collab, not only within our own Team, but also with animators, spriters, map makers and so on. Still, being that you are a great spriter, you have a clear advantage here.
    When joining this team, one of the aspects should be able to work as a Team, otherwise there is no reason to join, as you could just work on all your Games alone.

That being said, we all feel that you have a lot to give to this team, and we're looking forward to working with you in the future.

So without further ado, with a clear majority of 100% of game Team members in favor of you joining our Team --
    I welcome you to Game Team, it's a yes from us.

Darlit Glitch and Blacksmith like this.