Event calendar

Discussion in 'Answered Feedback' started by Yegor141 , Oct 15, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yegor141

Yegor141 Praise the booty
    Donator

I always lose track of stuff like, Collab dues, MBRs, events, contests.
    So i thought it would be nice if we had a place where we can see which occasion is upcoming.

julie, StayFrosty, Lynus and 8 others like this.
  2. Jaycie

Jaycie Chop~

I like this idea! Something to fill the front page :) ! I hate to wait, but I also like to look forward to something! Since some collaboration and project are secret to those making it, I never get to look forward to something :C Putting up a release date 1 or 2 weeks before its release gets me hyped!!
    This could also facilitate the writing for the News team, maybe c:

A drawback I see is that projects and stuff tend to not follow their due date for a lot of reasons. This making the calendar less relevant and less fun to use/follow.

To elaborate this idea a little, I suggest the following:
    - If/when the point-system comes back, members can pay a price to put up a date to feature their project release. If member want to make changes to the date, they will have to pay an additional fee for it. This gets the economy of points rolling some more and also, hopefully, makes people more strict about their deadline.
    - A "like" feature on the calendar itself(?) Not sure if possible but it would be cool if members are able to vote-up occasions they find interesting. Or if possible... link the occasion's "likes" with the amount of likes the project thread receive. Hot projects will get some design feature or marked as HOT or something.

I had something more on the tip of my tongue... or fingers.... but it slipped my mind...

Let me know what you guys think!

Lynus , Nemao and Yegor141 like this.
  3. Yegor141

Yegor141 Praise the booty
    Donator

It would even boost MBR's to happen more often, keeping the community alive!

Lynus likes this.
  4. Garrett

Garrett That one VFX guy who make shiny things™️

I'm all for this.
    Great Idea yegor!

Lynus and Yegor141 like this.
  5. Kira

Kira Lynus was herex2 !
    Donator

And it would be cool if we had a count down on huge collabs(Like Hageshii) or AT collaboration.

Lynus likes this.
  6. Jaycie

Jaycie Chop~

I hope so, but can't see that this would boost it up that much. I doesn't tempt me much to MBR just to have a date on the calendar. If people aren't looking forward to my MBR's then some letter on a calendar won't make a difference. That's my thought, hopefully I'm wrong.

Countdowns would be even more difficult. It seem to be it would be hard to time that and over-complicated. Dunno :)

Lynus and Yegor141 like this.
  7. Lynus

Lynus R.I.P Reginald.
    Retired Staff

It's funny, we have this implemented already, but it's still in alot of testing and whatnot.
    We'll get back to you guys on this one !

Yegor141 likes this.
  8. Lynus

Lynus R.I.P Reginald.
    Retired Staff

http://maplemation.com/calendar also on the front page of the forum.

Enjoy it !
    To use it, PM a staff member the link and details for what you want to add to it and it will be added.

Taki , Garrett, Nemao and 2 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.