First Map >.> [Forest]

Discussion in 'Maps' started by Jaycence, Jun 21, 2017.

1. Jaycence

Jaycence Newbie

Eeee im not good at maps >.<
    Feel free to cnc :P
    Also, If anyones gonna use this map, Credit is optional :3

Edit: So I looked at Drews comment, So I was like "Oh im gonna do what he says" And then I realize the fla file was corrupted >.>
    So I attempted to make a replica, but ehhhhhhhhhh

Tip: Err So if you do happen to use the Lens Flare (The actual lens flare, not the forest w/ The lens flare) Make sure to keep that layer hidden cos it lagged the hell out of my adobe animate. It doesn't affect final render btw so :3
    Unless you have a super beast pc >.>

#1 Jaycence, Jun 21, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2017
  2. Drew

Drew
    Sprite Team

It's a neat premise, but there are a couple things I'd change like how there's just a large blue void behind the trees. I would add mountains in the back, clouds int he sky, and other scenery to fill as much of that in as possible. Also, I'm digging that lens flare effect, but if I were you, I'd have it exported separately with the map, and maybe you could post both that and the map (without the flare) individually in your thread so that the potential user can place the flare in front. Like, if someone were to use this, it wouldn't look as realistic if the characters were in front of the flare, as opposed to behind it.
    But other than that, nice start, bro. Keep it up.

3. Jaycence

Jaycence Newbie

@Drew I feel so stupid after reading your comment >.< But anyway thanks! I [kinda] updated it :D

4. Tra-La-Tracey

Tra-La-Tracey Veteran Membah'

Congrats on making your first map! It's pretty solid~

I think my main gripe with this map is how you stretched out the trees in the back. It's pretty noticeable, because some of the pixels are rectangles/look borderline jpeg quality and the little leaves on the trees look squished.

[​IMG]

Make sure you look at all of the assets you have and see if anything connects. From what it looks like, you used the background trees from the Poison Forest.
    [​IMG]
    Images 8 and 9 are the base of the tree and images 10 and 11 look like the extension to them. So if you put together the tree parts, you won't need to stretch!

This is also my personal nitpick, but it looks weird how these leaves/branches perfectly line up in the back.

[​IMG]

Overall though, pretty good! I think you could add more stuff behind the tiles, but if you practice more, I can see you getting the hang of making great maps! :DD

5. Dally

Dally Watcher of the Land
    Retired Staff

Very interesting map, I noticed that the map without the lens flare looks vastly different in layout than the others, so you might want to change that up.

However, while we're on the topic, I honestly liked the background on the map without the lens flare, while the updated draft has just a solid background, which really looks off as this is supposed to be a heavily-densed forest, not an open plain. Other than that, keep on truckin'.

6. Runique 目隠し

Runique 目隠し Uncrowned Bored man

Wow Dat interesting map deez good dude

7. Alexbomb2233

Alexbomb2233 The Purple Nigga

Bruh. That's a nice map you got there! I'll give you credit if I use it