Forum Updates

Discussion in 'News' started by Neil , Oct 8, 2019.

1. Neil

Neil "Oops"
    Administrator

Hi everybody, hope you're enjoying the new look so far!
    We've been spending a lot of time trying to get everything perfect and wanted it to be a surprise to everyone, so we're sorry for not saying anything about it. Along with the wonderful background image made by @Rhys we also brought back the home page! Some things happened so we had to take it down a few years back, but we decided to bring it back up and eventually add even more there, like current MBRs, tutorials, or new stuff in the showcase section.

We're hoping to add a streaming tab eventually where you'll be able to find everybody who is currently streaming in one place, but we're open to more suggestions. Thank you all for being patient with us and thanks to @Tyler as well. You can leave any feedback you have on this thread or in the Discord.

Thank you for the wonderful banners, by the way!

CCshinobi, Hunter , Fource and 7 others like this.
  2. Bio sans

Bio sans Newbie

Welp. This will be great. Hope we do get the streaming tab tho. It will also help newer animators watch others on how they animate.

Neil likes this.
  3. quentin galloway

quentin galloway Chaotic Spirit

This is gonna be the new generation of maplemation, also thank you all for putting my character in the background.

Kayas , Shinn and Neil like this.
  4. Neil

Neil "Oops"
    Administrator

The final update is here! (10/14/19)
    As you can see we have this nice transparency effect on the rest of the forum now so it looks a lot cleaner! Much better than the solid gray, right?
    There's also the (now finished) home page! The normal http://maplemation.com/ will redirect you to that now. A few things that we can do with this is promote new content as it comes out such as new MBRs, collabs, and tutorials when AT can get around to finishing them! Keep in mind that anything can go here, so any finished thing you have whether it'd be art, sprites, or animation then you can have it up on the slider. The front page is a community hub, not a showcase so I want everybody to feel more comfortable with messaging me or any of the other staff to have their piece uploaded there (as long as it is finished).

Hatim , Hunter , Shinn and 2 others like this.
  5. Kayas

Kayas The Indolent
    Animation Leader

To clarify the above, the slider above is where new content will go. The articles pinned below are materials from showcase. However, that does not extend towards the Maplemation YouTube channel. It always has, and will be a community hub like the sliders. Just dm me, @me or pm me on Maplemation what you want uploaded and it will go there (it's always been like this so don't hesitate to do so). Loving the new forum design by the by, God bless @Tyler

Taki , CCshinobi, Hatim and 4 others like this.