1. Guest, you may notice that chatbox is not here anymore. Use the Discord chat instead! It’s way more popular these days, Grandpa!
    Dismiss Notice

Fundamentalist

Discussion in 'Comic Galleries' started by Phlip , Dec 7, 2010.

1. Phlip

Phlip リサフランク420現代のコンピュ

Fuck no, I'd rather go to Colorado

[​IMG]

2. Valzion

Donator

^You just scared, boi.

3. Phlip

Phlip リサフランク420現代のコンピュ

Of Chuck Norris, yes.

Tom, sure.

You, Fuck no bro c:

4. Valzion

Donator

^OF course, you have nothing to be scared of. Cause we bros.

5. Phlip

Phlip リサフランク420現代のコンピュ

Uploaded Issue #4

[​IMG]

Credits: Josh, George, Kirimy and Madde for maps, Sam for sprite, Swissedtoast for China Lake

I changed the BG from all Issues to a more desaturated red, I hope it's less distracting, cuz I ain't turning the swag off >:c I also used different fonts, state ur opinion!

There's also 3 shitbrix parts in this Issue.

6. Alex

Alex Membah' (Resources)

Love ur comics.
    plz post more ^_^

7. Rox*

Rox* Veteran Membah'

Rox's Comment & Criticism

First of all, I'll be talking about your text and speech. To me, everything looks the same. What I mean is that every single piece of text in your comic is the same, nothing brings me to look at a single piece of text first. As a simple example, look at every single title panel you've made. Usually, the title has to be the main attraction in there, but instead, there's a series of text beside, confusing the order. To oppose this, you can easily find a way to make the title more eye-appealing then the others, or maybe also change the size of the title the rest. Or just take everything else off.

Second would be, the decision of changing the text you use. I know that everyone has told you that your comic is overflowing of text. But that doesn't mean to change font. Changing font means changing your whole comic's view. Now viewers will be seeing your first comics, and then, suddenly seeing a change.

Your eye-candy is clearly very good, and that's a good thing. You still have a bit of problems tho, work on your 3-D things, try and look at other's work. ( Jackie & Tom's comic is a great example ). Work on your onomatopes ( not really sure how to spell this word, but it's the sfx and shit. ). You don't have to add an SFX every single movement. Probably one of the reasons why people are saying its clustered.

You have loads of positive points, but I'm sure others have already told you them. I'm just here to point-out what you really need to work on. I'm not the best in comics, but these are my advice.

If you want visual support of what I just wrote, just PM me, I'll take my lazy ass off my seat and show it to you visually.

8. Phlip

Phlip リサフランク420現代のコンピュ

Issue #5 is released, credits to Madde and Josh for maps.

[​IMG]

cnc if you like c:

9. Phlip

Phlip リサフランク420現代のコンピュ

NEW ISSUE IN A WHILE, IT'S A 2 PARTER!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Credits: Josh and Twix for maps

(Yes, he uses his skill on himself through a reflection in wind!)​

10. Chou

Chou Veteran Member
    Donator

Was wondering where this went. Glad to see it back.

11. teeming01

teeming01 Love the ice cream

Here's a piece of advice.

PUT YOU LATEST COMIC ON TOP OF ALL THE OTHERS CAUSE WHEN IT LOADS, IT LOADS FROM TOP TO BOTTOM AND YOU ALWAYS PUT THE LATEST ONE AT THE BOTTOM AND I GOTTA WAIT FRIGGIN LONG JUST TO SEE THE UPDATED ONE :baaw: kthxbai

12. Phlip

Phlip リサフランク420現代のコンピュ

Nah, then it won't be in order. :stud:

Unless if you enjoy reading series backwards of course.

13. WI-FI

WI-FI Euw League: Nyksia

i totally lol´d on "dick in a box" gj :D

14. Phlip

Phlip リサフランク420現代のコンピュ

NEW ISSUE GOGOGO

[​IMG]

Note: in the panel before the last, he's reading people's minds.

Also updating with the application special and this comic for the new montly Millefiore elimination.
    [​IMG]

Enjoy I guess :}

15. Ally

Ally Newbie

The MS paint comics made me laugh so hard xD
    Also, I really like your Series, it is all going very well, keep up the excellent work Phlip :D

16. CRogue

CRogue The Loner

Your comics amaze me, everything about them, you know what to put in each panel when to put it.

17. Phlip

Phlip リサフランク420現代のコンピュ

New Issue! GOGOGOGOGO!

[​IMG]
    Credits: Map by Jenny

Direct

Antoine and I made a bet, first to finish his series wins. Fundamentalist vs. When Saints Sin/Sins of the Innocent. >:}
    For motivational purposes of course, since we wanna finish our series. :{

LF>Prize D:

18. Chou

Chou Veteran Member
    Donator

Yay, And glad i can read my two favorite comics on this forum. (I mean i'm glad there competing)

19. Phlip

Phlip リサフランク420現代のコンピュ

[​IMG]

Maps by Kirimy.

So it's been a while once more, I still want to finish it.

One thing that majorly impacted this was the fact that my old pc borked (kinda), due to this I lost the original layout for Issue 9, along with another major 65 panel comic I was working on. I no longer intend to finish that one due to lack of inspiration and motivation.

Now I have my new laptop, I decided to focus on the series again.

- renewed the titles.
    - Omnopotemias are now orange.

20. Elaeagnus

Elaeagnus Veteran Membah'

Too tired to nitpick, but one thing that really irks and confuses me is that I can never tell "where" characters are, so I can never keep track of your action scenes.

Too often, your backgrounds change (Not in a good way), so I don't have a point of reference to see what's happening. Also, combined with the fact that characters walk in different directions sometimes panel to panel, that really confuses me.

I realize some of it is for the 3D effect, but it still throws me off.

Examples.
    [​IMG]
    I can use the trash cans to tell where your chara is, so I can tell what's happening.

[​IMG]
    Fire hydrant = point of reference = Good.
    [​IMG]
    He's standing in front of trash cans, then he's standing in front of a fire hydrant. Okayyy...
    Not too bad though considering it's a 2D-3D shift, but be careful with that.

[​IMG]
    Because of the blank-ish background in the first panel, I can't tell which perspective the panel is in. Then you kick same (other? not too sure) guy from a different perspective. But I still can't exactly say what happened.

[​IMG]
    I see that flipped background. I think it was another perspective thing, but IMO, not executed well. The background's been seen facing the other way, so flipping it is just...meh.

Also, characters are walking in a different direction.
    [​IMG]
    IMO, there is no excuse for this one. We clearly see gray-visor guy standing in front of a gray-ish building with brown/chalkboard black something to the left. Next panel, he's suddenly standing in front of a blue-gray building. How'd that happen? I don't see any potential perspective shift or anything else that would warrant that background switch, so...

So...try to make your backgrounds...flow I guess. It's hard to keep track of what exactly is going on with all the perspective shifts and background changing.