[Game] Flight

Discussion in 'Projects' started by saturnian-outsider, Mar 31, 2016.

1. saturnian-outsider

Long time no see, my dudes!
    I know it's been a long while; I apologize for the unannounced leave.
    I hope you've all been doing well.
    Just to say, this is for a final school project in my Humanities Honors class.
    Now, I'm not really sure if this is gonna get as much att
    ention as I'd hope, but I thought I'd throw this project of mine on here to see what people would think!
    I don't have any cool things like videos or stuff to showcase this, but I can use screenshots to show my current progress.
    Well, here goes:
    FLIGHT

[​IMG]

Flight is a game where a player would just explore the world around themselves to see what they would find.
    There's no true purpose other than for the player to be adventurous and open-minded; it's supposed to be an enriching, thought-provoking game that appeals the Humanities.

Note:
    This game is being produced by just one person and is very early in production; there is a lack of visual representation.
    Please keep your mind open as you read the following concepts.

The Concepts:

GEONA
    Noun - pronounced ji-O-nuh
    The world that FLIGHT takes place in. To the player, GEONA is a world of mystery, shrouded in its own black silhouette. Depending on the sight the player would like to focus on, the dark silhouette is dismissed, and that sight becomes 'visible' to the player. Then, the player would be subjected to do what they will with the information they may gain from the sight.

TRILYTES

[​IMG]

Noun - pronounced TRI-lites
    The inhabitants of GEONA. They each carry their own SOUL, each with their own level of enrichment in their lives. Depending on their FLIGHTS, the souls of the Trilytes may vary from temporal to transcendent. Just because a Trilyte hasn't transcended doesn't mean that they are lesser than any other. They are just less in-tuned to the deeper meanings of the world around them.

FLIGHT

1. Action - "TAKE FLIGHT"
    To TAKE FLIGHT is to find a deeper meaning. This is a special ability that Trilytes have the choice to do at will. It will enrich their SOULS and give them more insight to the world around them. The ability to TAKE FLIGHT is obtained through any object that a Trilyte takes interest in so long as it is a tool that would help them gain insight, such as a NOTEBOOK, CAMERA, or PAINTBRUSH.

2. Noun
    A FLIGHT is the small endeavor that a Trilyte would take in order to broaden their horizons. It's recommended for a Trilyte to keep track of their FLIGHTS just in case they may need any information later on.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Tati , Hunter , Hatim and 7 others like this.
  2. iSmokeToast

iSmokeToast PRYR 36518444
    Retired Staff

pretty cool concept, and that's dope that you're going full indie on it

i guess my only question would be why do you have ms paint pinned on your taskbar

3. saturnian-outsider

Good question!
    (I actually use MS paint to make the raw images for my animation strips. orz)