Game! Maple Smash~

Discussion in 'Projects' started by Chrystophe, Dec 16, 2015.

1. Leliot

Leliot Pants Pocket Lint

This project is very interesting, although I cannot send a character that's finished just yet. So for now, I would like to discuss this project with you like I believe many others are doing already through skype and facebook.

My skype is larry.wan7, and I already sent a friend request to your facebook page.

2. Chrystophe

Chrystophe To serve you right~

Well folks, time goes by and I wanted to share a little something! I hope you'll like it! It's a small... SMALL preview. Because coding takes time. :D

#62 Chrystophe, Apr 9, 2016
    Last edited: May 8, 2016
    Jaycie, Drew and Kvn11 like this.
  3. Jaycie

Jaycie Chop~

OMFG!!! A CAMPAIGN WITH TEDDY?! GUYS WE GOTTA PLAY DIS ON CO-OP !!!!!

4. Jasiu

Jasiu ジョニー

Seeing the story mode teaser makes me wonder if this is a character specific story, MKX-like cinematic one or Tekken 6 one with modified gameplay and hordes of enemies

5. Chrystophe

Have you heard about Smash bros Brawl Custom made story where it involves all character? Yea! Well, that! With some of the characters past maybe ;)

6. Jasiu

Jasiu ジョニー

Indeed I heard about it. But is it gonna be exactly like it gameplay-wise? As in before the chapter starts will you get the option to pick one of the characters (If there are more than one) that appear in the chapter?
    Also a question. If a character will have a flashback does it mean there'll be alternate costumes? (depending on how far in time the flashback is)

#66 Jasiu, Apr 11, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 11, 2016
  7. Chrystophe

Yes, depending on the chapter, you'll be able to choose from characters to characters on those you've unlocked! C:
    Alternate costume? hell yea!!

Jasiu likes this.
  8. DJTiki

DJTiki Yes

Huh. Neat.

I wanted to talk to you about this before, but no account. Haha. Anyways, this seems like a really awesome idea! I kinda thought of the idea myself a while back but didn't have much programming background to back that up. Hope everything in your life gets sorted out! c: If you ever need a Designer, then you could always hit me up on Skype Chat. I'm not sure what you mean by Designer, however. You'd have to clear that up for me. If you define "Designer" as the person planning out the game, conceptualizing, planning, working out how the mechanics would work, and getting everything organized and squared away, then I have experience in that field with fan games that I conceptualized in the past. But if you're talking about actual art designing... I have less experience there. Some, but not nearly as well as others (there's probably better talent on this thread)

Good luck. Like I said, if you need any additional help, I'm always just a Skype Chat away.

9. Chrystophe

Yes, I know, It's all around Teddy, isn't it? He's the lastest character. He deserves one last bit of attention before newcomers. And he's also the punchingbag of the year! Hey, Fun facts MaShers; Did you know it's been a year since Maple Smash started? It started out as simple characters bouncing! Pretty neat, huh? ;P

It now became my dream! In the "I am not dead #2" video, You'll see everything explaned in details.
    I really hope to get more replies, as I am running out of funky ideas to add in the game, While I add important matters! So I can cooldown a bit, programming something that makes me joyful and going back down to boring stuff: (Ex: GamePad controls, Ai, New Mainmenu, etc.)

HAPPY
    HALLOWEEN! :D

Trax and Dan Derps like this.
  10. Collin

Collin Oppai
    Donator

No. Stop. This is dead. Get back in the casket.

Chrystophe and Yegor141 like this.
  11. Jaycie

Jaycie Chop~

[​IMG]

I'm not into Smash games, but I guess you can watch some of those and see what gameplay can be fun to apply on this?
    How about fun items like turning people into snails
    [​IMG]
    Or other monsters, edited in the same way xD It could either be a power up or down sort of thing. Like turning into Balrog or mushroom/snail. Summoning could be fun too.

I think you have meant to look into the background of people's character and set those character into the game.

Have you thought of mini games or other modes? Jump quest? Snail race? Tug of war? Random ideas:
    Tower defense: You might have played those or just search for them :) This is gameplay from another view though. Multiplayer based. All players, say 4, stands in different areas that they need to stay in (they act like a tower's role). When monsters walk past the first one, the first player tries to kill as much as possible. The monsters that goes past this player, goes to the next area where the 2nd player takes over. Occasionly the players can power up in some sort of way.

Spawn fight: In a small room, monsters spawns endlessly! The spawn rates go quicker and quicker. Players are to kill as many as they can until a set amount of monsters overflow the room.

Maybe :D?

Chrystophe likes this.
  12. Chrystophe

Hey, remember it won't be a smash-like game! Becaise I'be plaued enough of it, too! anyways, yes, of course! These minigames ideas remind me of mario party! It would be really fun!! And the transform potion is something I should have tought first! Amazing, thanks for the reply and thank you again for maling me know about maplemation! I'll be finishing your character soon, so people can play together. If you're a loneley pal, before releasing a small alpha version, I will implement AI.

Also, was there a request for you character? An attack you'd like to see? A combo you'd like him to perform?

Thanks again,
    -Canox

13. Jaycie

Jaycie Chop~

Oh yes, Mario Party would be a nice inspiration place too! I've only played the first one decades ago but I do hope that they got fun ideas! Pokemon Stadium also have mini game modes btw :D

I've not much of request for my character. He is a child. He runs around and do fun stuff :3 Don't make him overpowered, make him less powerful than any character. He should have irritating game style sort of. Can jump and climb? Quick/agile? Can throw explosive dolls that do like liiiiiittle damage? Maybe the attacks can knockback people a bit to knock them of stage?

Good luck!