1. Guest, you may notice that chatbox is not here anymore. Use the Discord chat instead! It’s way more popular these days, Grandpa!
    Dismiss Notice

GET HYPED FOR THIS AWESOME GAME (Sound Of Silence)

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by SuperKimxD , Sep 29, 2016.

1. SuperKimxD

SuperKimxD Space Case

[​IMG]
    I'm not usually one for horror games, but psychological games are definitely my jam, and this one is going to be amazing.​

IN 2012, A YOUNG MAN BY THE NAME OF MICHAEL CHINIQUY POSTED A VIDEO ON REDDIT WISHING FOR A NEW KIND OF HORROR GAME. A BETTER KIND OF HORROR GAME. A GAME THAT LEARNED THE PLAYER'S MIND, AND EVOLVED INTO THE PLAYER'S WORST NIGHTMARE.

4 YEARS LATER, WITH NOT EVEN A DEMO TO SHOW FOR IT, THE DEV TEAM THAT HAD SO FEVERISHLY BEEN WORKING ON THE PROJECT DECIDED TO CALL IT QUITS.

THE PROJECT WAS, AFTER ALL, JUST TOO AMBITIOUS FOR A TEAM OF INDIES TO MAKE. IT WAS DEAD.

BUT SOME DEAD THINGS HAVE A STRANGE WAY OF NOT STAYING THAT WAY.

- www.nosedivestudios.com/sound-of-silence

As you can tell from the above, Sound of Silence was a planned psychological horror game by Pathfinder games, but they dropped it in late 2015/early 2016. The plan was to make a horror game that, over about thirty minutes, observed the player's actions, how they reacted to different "fear flags," and learn their fears. The game would then adjust itself accordingly to provide an experience terrifying to the individual.
    Because the game has switched hands, the videos and information that were previously released may no longer be accurate or reflect what the game will be like. But nonetheless, here they are.

The original concept video and trailer were both taken off YouTube ;_; but here's what I can find:

These were the planned fears for the demo, and more were going to be added later. Also, more information on fear flags and that system:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

This was a draft of a possible UI submitted by a fan. Said fan is now helping with the UI!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

This is one of many riddles/puzzles that you'll run into! There are more on the game's Tumblr, but this one is the most recent:
    [​IMG]

Here's the Facebook page for keeping up with the game.
    Note: There also seems to be a game called The Sound Of Silence from Mist Studios. I don't believe that they're the same thing.

ARE YOU HYPED NOW?! I'M SO EXCITED ABOUT THIS GAME.
    Is anyone else planning on playing it? What fears do you guys want to be included? Of the demo fears, are you susceptible to any?
    And most importantly, ARE YOU HYPED?!

Kzar Kiske likes this.
  2. Shulkle

Shulkle Still the worst fight maker

When I saw the title C:

Also, seems pretty interesting. Though, considering his fears, is he going to have a fear of breathing or something?
    I feel kinda neutral about the First Person horror thing since it was done a bit too many times. Nevertheless, seems pretty interesting since it involves psychology.

SuperKimxD likes this.
  3. litten

litten Newbie

looks like it was made on a toaster but it looks interesting

4. Taki

Taki I look good sometimes
    Retired Staff

My only fear is horror games, so for me it will either work pretty well or not at all.
    Definitelly interesting. I was thinking of a similiar concept but not for a horror game, more for an rpg. Basically depending on what actions you take, which skills and tools you use most and in which environment you stay longest, the story will develop different for you. Instead of the usual you pick a dialogue and you get a different story ending. But yeah, the idea is too big to realize for me.
    I really wonder how they will pull it of and if the different fears will really affect the game enough. Not just if you fear spiders that you get the same game with spiders everywhere. I hope they focus on variety instead of gameplay length, like make it a short but nearly impossible to beat game.

5. Collin

Collin Oppai REEEEEEEEEEEEfender
    Donator

>Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by SuperKimxD, Sep 29, 2016.

[​IMG]

Miles , Smeagal and Hunter like this.