1. Guest, you may notice that chatbox is not here anymore. Use the Discord chat instead! It’s way more popular these days, Grandpa!
    Dismiss Notice

Guiding Light (Maplestory Animated Comic)

Discussion in 'Comics' started by Ainn, Mar 31, 2017.

?

#Ainn4ComicTeam2017???

1. AYYYYYYYYYYYYY

95.2%
  2. NAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

4.8%
  1. Ainn

Ainn "It's time to JUMP up super high!"
    YouTube Contributor

Guiding Light (Maplestory Animated Comic)

If you don't know what an animated comic is, go look at Tapastic. It's kind of an experimental medium, so... Be aware, I've added a higher-resolution version of the comic that may contain beefed-up GIF files embedded. If you're not confident your internet can handle it, stick to the version labelled "Small". If you like extra details or think the text is a tad too small, try out the "Large" version! If you've already taken a look, not every panel really needs to be animated. It's also really easy to distract the eye, so I'll use it when the situation calls for it or not much at all. I'm trying to be careful with the placement and intensity of the animation (for example, I probably won't put a large, lengthy animated panel at the bottom of a page). ...Anyway, enjoy!

Blurb: It looks as though Ainn brought Trey Owens along for a little cliffside excavation... But on a lonely cliffside village, the sound of battle erupts!?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

#1 Ainn, Mar 31, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 2, 2017
    jose117, Lynus , Scythe and 19 others like this.
  2. Scythe

Scythe Veteran Membah'

I've seen a medium like this before, back when I read some 18+ doujinshi for dragonball. It's definitely an interesting concept nonetheless.

You definitely have the skills and wits to execute this with ease, should you continue to pursue this medium.

I would say though, that if it were me, it'd probably be one giant ass ugly SFW file per page that only played the scenes when you hovered over the panel (akin to the doujinshi i read if i remember correctly). Definitely feels like you're going to have to link a lot of things together in the long run should this medium be further explored. For the sake of innovation and keeping this interesting anyway.