1. Before participating in Maplemation Battle Royale, make sure you are familiar with the system. Happy battling!
  2. Guest, you may notice that chatbox is not here anymore. Use the Discord chat instead! It’s way more popular these days, Grandpa!
    Dismiss Notice

Hawnter vs Pochi

Discussion in 'Map Arena' started by Pochi, Aug 2, 2014.

?

Who won this MBR?

1. Hawnter

9 vote(s)
    37.5%
  2. Pochi

15 vote(s)
    62.5%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pochi

Pochi Newbie

Theme: Mountain Scenery
    Canvas Size: Any​
    Deadline: *We both finished early so we're publishing the mbr early.​
    Hawnter
    Map:
    [​IMG]
    Note: Ihad fun with this map and tried new things as you can see in this map I've done.
    Profile: http://maplemation.com/forum/topic/27083-holybeliefs-map-profile-part-of-maplemation/
    Pochi
    Map:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Notes: *Free to use, please credit.
    Umm, i made another map for those who want tiles to animate with.

Juds , CCshinobi and Hunter like this.
  2. Thewindyfan

Thewindyfan I'm too slow for this shit

Yoooo I think Hawnter wins this one for sure, Poch I like your map but it's too plain for a Map MBR. Love your map Hawnter, reminds me of a mission from Assassin's Creed 3.

3. Lynus

Lynus R.I.P Reginald.
    Retired Staff

Hunter's realisitic water is so fuckin totally hot mMMMMMMM
    BUt its angled so wrong.. it just looks weird.. or as if its floating or something, and the tile placemnt infront of it doesnt relaly help IMO.
    The plank at the end doesnt atch up or isnt layer behind the tiles.
    and i think the more saaturated objects, being the mountains in this case should always go furthest back or just edit hte colours in some image editting program that youre using.
    the far right side map obj are mislaced and or arent aligned properly.

IMo, I like Pochis more, its more simplistic, yet gives off a deep vibe, tho that water idea was pree sexy hunter dude.

4. 5-H-S

5-H-S Veteran Membah'

I voted for Static, Hawnter's map seemed too disorganized to me. The realistic water wasn't executed in a right manner, it's color doesn't match the maple's seawater. The background starts with a forest of trees to a small platform to a sea? the trees on the left and the small platform with the plank bother the view you were looking to make in my opinion. If you wouldn't have added those, I would of voted for you.

Static, your map was "plain" but some people make it seem as if "plain" is always bad. Thing is you wouldn't find anymore objects because of the environment, it's like a castle's gateway or something. Why would a castle gateway or something like this need anymore objects when it's suppose to be clear for walking, no?

Dally and Lynus like this.
  5. CCshinobi

CCshinobi Director, Actor, Forum Moderator

HOW DAFUQ DO YOU GUYS MAKE THESE GORGEOUS MAPS EVERY SINGLE FKING TIME D:

I love what you did with the integrated water Hawnt. Very innovative...almost blends in perfectly!
    However, I do wish the ground tiles in front were adjusted in a way to complement your use of foreshortening. It would have made the picture overall seem more like a portrait than a map, but nevertheless would blend in much better.

This is like a battle between realism and rococo. Static's map is hard to compare to from a fantasy-based realm, even though both share the same theme.
    I still haven't figured out what I'm going to purchase from your shop Stat. This does give me better sense of your abilities though :D

Oh wtf, both of you deserve to win. We'll see how it goes.
    Good luck!

Lynus likes this.
  6. Hunter

Hunter Member of the Month not LUL

Heh, I lost. Oh well. It was fun doing this map challenge with you Pochi!

7. RavenZecrow

RavenZecrow The Phantom Assassin

I give my vote to Hawter, the waterfull and scenery just seems to look and appeal better to me. Pochi's is also fabulous as well, just lacking in the "WOW" factor that Hawter's seems to have. Though, it is just a personal preference of mine that I do enjoy sunny and light places more than dark and misty.

Also, I do wish the ground tiles for Hawter's were changed to something more fitting.

8. Lynus

Lynus R.I.P Reginald.
    Retired Staff

Damn, gratz Pochidelol.
    Have fun with the points loser.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.