Hello

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Joshua Huxley, Mar 31, 2018.

1. Joshua Huxley

Joshua Huxley Newbie

Hello, I go by Joshua Huxley online... F***, do I need to follow grammar rules? Is that gonna effect my membership? D*** you nonsensical English grammar! Anyway, I'm an avid gamer, lover of memes, little bit of an anime fan, and wanna-be game designer. I live in America (vague patriotic music in the distance) and still in high school. I want to get into 2D animation, and love the stuff I find that the Maplemation community produces (even though I basically only watch Aquila and ZackAttack), and would like to learn how to animate too. Not really sure what else to add, I hope I covered all of bases and regretting writing this late at night.

SuperKimxD likes this.
  2. SuperKimxD

SuperKimxD Space Case
    Retired Staff

Lol, hi and welcome :D Many of us would be happy to help you learn more about 2D animation. Feel free to ask!

3. Shulkle

Shulkle Remembered as the worst fight animator

Grammar is still very much appreciated. Last thing you want is to be misunderstood :T Welcome though!

4. Joshua Huxley

Joshua Huxley Newbie

thank you for the sprites, they look really good. I just have two questions: Which software do you recommend? sony vegas? or flash? And I used to play Maplestory myself so I would actually like to know, did you make these yourself? or did you somehow get them from the game itself?

thanks for the welcome! I would just like to know, do you recommend vegas or flash? I don't really have experience with either, but I am a quick learner.

#4 Joshua Huxley, Apr 2, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 2, 2018
  5. SuperKimxD

SuperKimxD Space Case
    Retired Staff

This should help you out with that! c:

6. Joshua Huxley

Joshua Huxley Newbie

Thank you, I found this very informative and helpful. But it was kinda outdated, so I would like to know your personal opinions and/or suggestions

7. SuperKimxD

SuperKimxD Space Case
    Retired Staff

If you'd like to focus more on motion, use Flash. If you'd like to focus more on effects and more complicated settings, 3D, etc., use either Sony Vegas or Adobe After Effects.

8. Joshua Huxley

Joshua Huxley Newbie

Thank you again! Last few things, do you recommend using the maplestory character designer provided? If so, then would you recommend downloading the PDN files? And where can I find sprites for unsheathed katanas? Lastly, If not, then what alternative method would you recommend to get sprites? Thank you again for answering all of my questions.

#8 Joshua Huxley, Apr 4, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 4, 2018