HIVE weapons & HIVE infected weapons

Discussion in 'Sprites' started by Kajiya, May 15, 2017.

1. Kajiya

Kajiya The Forge God

[​IMG]

This idea was inspired (totally not copied) By destiny's "SIVA" concept and then birthed HIVE, its fanboy knockoff

Basically keeping the black and green color scheme and when HIVE infects weapons it would spawn those diamonds like SIVA would then it would either extend to one another or gradually form and take over the weapon. both examples shown above.

The concept of SIVA is so damn interesting to me, its self replicating, self aware cellular-drones that respond to lines of command and use living existing matter to create other things. the concept of SIVA was that it could create anything and feed an entire city (in theory) but no one knew how to control it

my version aka HIVE is controlled and responds to any easily written line of command and can do almost anything, and can even evolve far enough to form a completely sentient being on its own, but for now the concept will be reserved to a single character i might make. for now its just going to be around weapons and stuff of the sort

Juan. , Sleep, Blez and 1 other person like this.
  2. Flicker Fall

Flicker Fall Flicker-Fall here

what properties would the weapon or object gain, if any, once 'infected'?

Kajiya likes this.
  3. Kajiya

Kajiya The Forge God

General boost to anything it had prior to infection.

A regular sword would become extremely resilient if not unbreakable, and very very sharp

Guns would have enhanced projectiles, firing mechanisms, reloading mechanisms, etc etc...

If it's an elemental sword it would be alot more interesting that It would consider the type of weapon and the elemental properity it has and would enhance and evolve the weapon based off of prior into and evolve it with better performance in mind.

So Not only do elemental weapons get prior boost to the base and elemancy, but also get a new functionality/ability for said weapon

4. Lynus

Lynus R.I.P Reginald.
    Retired Staff

if anything i think a more prominent showcase of HIVE would be well better recieved for the viewer, it looks abit bleh and just wack here but i really do like the concept.

if anything i dont really want to draw comparisons here but would recommend fucking around with colour schemes, i feel the green could be enhanced with some dramatic darker colour shifts as well as maybe some way that shows it's corroding into the original material

i just wanna say though, its good youre back
    keep the sprites up

Kajiya likes this.
  5. Kajiya

Kajiya The Forge God

Meh, the idea of infecting weapons with hive means I'm going to need to give it a better palette because green sucks when I comes to choosing colors that aren't neon, but finding better color choices in my list of shit before expanding completely on the HIVE concept.

For now consider this little run as a test :thumbs_up_emoji:

Lynus and Flicker Fall like this.
  6. jose117

jose117 latino animator video game fan

wow looks great can i use that please

7. Kajiya

Kajiya The Forge God

I want the HIVE weapons to BE private, all HIVE infected weapons too

As stupid as it sounds but most of the infected weapon edits mostly might be my own previous sprites or the such.

Tl:Dr: No, Sorry :c

8. jose117

jose117 latino animator video game fan

ok i indunstan btw great work i hope see more of you work

Kajiya likes this.