If you could Add/Change

Discussion in 'Bugs & Feedback' started by Toukans , Apr 22, 2014.

1. Toukans

Toukans ╭∩╮ <(°)
    Retired Staff

If you could Add/Change something on MM, what would it be?

2. daxflame100

daxflame100 Veteran Membah'

move all the locked threads to the dead subsection, JUST CUZ CLUTTER

Make "Animate" the straight up forum look

Name change day pls :'D

Faction Licence Transfer- Bring your faction from 1 forum to another

NEW FREAKEN STATUS BARS, I DIDNT GET 1000 FREAKEN POSTS FOR 6 DOTS

FIX THE GOD DAMN SETTINGS SO YOU CANT CHANGE YOUR NAME ON COMMAND

3. Clay

Clay Supah Veteran Membah'

Able to change name once every 2 months
    The Bloody Banner every month depending on holiday

StormXXVII likes this.
  4. daxflame100

daxflame100 Veteran Membah'

the first on not really, because mbr isnt active.

5. Trowicia

Trowicia Querulous Quidnunc
    Retired Staff

I thought I did that? Unless they ran out already for some reason.

6. Toukans

Toukans ╭∩╮ <(°)
    Retired Staff

We'll probably introduce something different than factions while still being factions.
    lol status bars, YOU WANT A BADGE FOR 1k POSTS HUH BOY SCOUT?

Maybe a name change day will isse out.
    There will be some banner changes, the scrolling thing is probably going away

Can't change something community oriented

Keep it mm related...
    Animated banners stopped long ago.... wat

7. CCshinobi

CCshinobi Filmmaker, Animator

Some of the posts above me...this is a feedback thread...not a rant thread xD

I would add that "Annual Academy Awards" system aka MM Oscars that many people were ltalking about a long time ago. It could be an awesome way to promote the forum's best content and at the same time bring recognition to outstanding artists, spriters, animators, etc.

I wish we could bring back custom userbars, but I guess that would be too much difficulty :/

8. Lynus

Lynus R.I.P Reginald.
    Retired Staff

Ugh, I typed paragraphs but I'll point form it.
    1. Customizable User Pages
    [​IMG]
    Like here we could have an image.
    Text Colour changes as well.
    (osu reference)

2. Signature Problems
    I took like an hour to code my signature correctly cause it would always show the image rather than the coding so when I tried to redo it, lol back to square one.
    We could have a stickied tut on the codes of the forum similarly to how imgur and shit has a image of all the abbreviations

3. Add 'View More' to New Groups and Recent Topics
    cause well, today we had more than five threads being made.
    Could also colour code this to differentiate days

4. Member Spotlight / Most liked content spotlight / controversial of the week or something cause overall isnt gonna cut it
    could award them with something from a new shop like items such as
    awards trophies achievements a neat little userbar (osu reference)

5. achievements shit like
    1. Welcome Aboard ! - Intro thread
    2. New Voice ! - 10 posts
    3. ONE OF US ONE OF US ! - 100 posts
    4. _______ section addict - visit animation/sprite/map/comic section 100 times
    5. Agreed ! - Get 5 likes on a single comment
    6. Helping Hand ! - Help w(and get accepted) for a request !
    7. Approved ! - Get 5 likes on a thread starter
    8. Trowtally awesome - Have Trow comment on a thread/status/quote a comment etc
    9. It's 2kay - Have 2k comment on a thread/status/quote a comment etc
    10. Stalker ! - Visit over 50 different peoples userpages

ETC THOSE WERE REALLY HARD TO THINK OF
    We could get them in the little badges :D
    Little badges should also be viewable on the userpage as well IMO
    like bigger versions with like mouse over scroll pop up dialogue text box
    >visit that osu link in my description for more

6. Mod MBR

7. Enabling the customization of the MM subtopics ( Kiosk, Chillzone etc)

8. Mods that will keep up with da community where the fuck is cloudy and quade

9. Hard to think of one atm.. hm.. shortcuts to signature and stuff ?

10. Lynus for mod

Hunter , Stittz and CCshinobi like this.
  9. CarumSarene

CarumSarene Senior Membah'

A better website starts with a better community. Don't improve the site too much, but leave it at a point where others can be oriented into the community easily and actually stay. We shouldn't be an isolated site, we need to get the word out about this place. MapleMation logos in the corners of videos, promotional animations, personal messages from community members. Show them we're a friendly and caring site, let them come to us. With the summer approaching, now would be the best time to start, and make a name for ourselves that we are a site worth visiting and a community worth being in.

10. Taki

Taki Kuulas enthusiast
    Retired Staff

- New mods: It always seems to create a kind of hype when we announce that we will be hiring new mods. Everybody starts acting all nice and mod like. I would this twice a year. Kick mods and hire new mods. Really reliable mods only should become super mods.
    - Automatic banner event update: i wouldn't say every month like suggested above. More like every second or third month. When people come visit again after a while and see that we still have the same banner as last year, they will assume that we are dead for good. So if it would be possible to make it automatically, that would be great. It also seems like something our members enjoy participating in.
    - daily/weekly/monthly showcase: Not sure how that could be implemented, but that would be great. Gives some competition between the members and a reason more to post.
    - Merging sections: I would put video games and pop culture as a subsection in off-topic. Kinda fits there and would make the main page cleaner.
    - After doing this^ i would assign 4 main smods to those sections. Media mod, mbr mod, resource mod, chillzone mod. (i call dips on media) That would give each an equal important section. Each one then can ask for regular mods to work under their commands, they would then tell the admin how many mods they need, the admin counts them together and announces in the news section how many spots there are needed. During the applications the supermods decide which members they want to work under their command, the others can of course discuss, but the final word should be on the responsible smod. That would create a nice hierarchy and thats what makes a company work. There would again be the competition between the smods, which section becomes more acknowledged. The way it is now, every mod works under the command of the admins, making a supermod title useless unless you want to work more for more nothing. The admins would be set in a higher position, making them unreachable for regular members, that will make them have less stress.

11. CarumSarene

CarumSarene Senior Membah'

The merging of sections seems like a really good idea. As well as including more moderators and more banner events. You make a lot of good points too, especially with the tier system for moderators.

Lynus likes this.
  12. Trowicia

Retired Staff

I like the ideas, I'll definitely get most if not all of these through after I fix some nasty system bugs.

13. Bakari

Bakari Veteran Membah'

Bring the Animation Team back.
    Before all of the flame starts coming in let me explain myself.

The animation team, for those who might not know was a group of the ''most skilled animators'' in the community. What they would do after gotten the title? Heck if I know, but what I do know is that it gave huge amounts of inspiration to alot of people on the forum. Especially the newer members. I can remember my goal was to try to make it in the AT. This gave me a boost in my animations when I started. I animated nearly any moment given to me and so did other newer members.

After the AT got removed I remember me getting somewhat dissapointed by the fact that I could not make it in there before it was gone. I can't remember the exact reasons it got removed, but I remember they were good reasons. Even so, maybe we could work something out.

If you do consider it, I am willing to help in any way possible.
    ~Energy

14. Trowicia

Retired Staff

Well to be honest, Taki and 2K does contribute a bunch and it gets quite a bit off my back. No clue where Cloudy went off to, Quade's busy with some other shit according to the last time I got word from him. New mods? Maybe, not too certain about that in the meantime with the current volume and quality of posts per day.

I'll look into auto-resizing for signatures, but in some cases it'll agitate some people's images along with the iframe I set in place there.

Lynus likes this.
  15. Bakari

Bakari Veteran Membah'

Hunter and Lynus like this.
  16. Hatim

Hatim Love Emperor

Then..the only faction left would be mine.
    eheh...

Dax and Cloudy said they may bring their faction back tho

EDIT:about adding/changing things,i would:
    •add a banner on animate theme,or make a dark version of the maplemation flux theme.
    •as Deveri said,we should bring the teams back.
    •New mods.
    •more events,we didn't had one since last christmas.
    •We should revive MBRQs too,they were really fun to do and could be done even without other people,it may revive the community a bit.
    •for some reason,in animate theme,i see these white outline in some threads thing that really irks me when seeing it,could you guys fix/remove it?
    Reference
    this thread as an example : http://maplemation.com/forum/topic/26423-apple-abyss/

Lynus likes this.
  17. Hatim

Hatim Love Emperor

LOL NO it's not that,i'm actually seeing white outlines in animate theme (dark theme),your thread was just an exemple,look:
    http://puu.sh/8ouwJ.png
    http://puu.sh/8ouEl.png

there are other threads too:
    http://puu.sh/8ouPa.jpg

also,i noticed that these outlines are only in texts that has changed colors.

Lynus likes this.
  18. qazawsxs2

qazawsxs2 Still Training Animator

I would add something in MapleMation, I would add a Download Sections therefore you can download like Sounds, Effects, and others.

19. Lynus

Lynus R.I.P Reginald.
    Retired Staff

If possible, would it be possible if you added a 'User's most liked content' 'Users most commented content' 'Highlight of User's time'
    >osu references
    and a graph that displays users activity ?

Hunter , Hatim and Bakari like this.
  20. Stittz

Stittz Veteran Membah'

Maybe a betting system? Say there's an MBR going on with two really good animators and people bet on who to win, it would be a nasty way of getting MM points but it would be worth it, too. Let's say, Lynus vs Stittz and Hatim bets like 200 MM points on Lynus and Hiko bets 300MM points on Stittz and if Stittz wins then 500MM points goes to Hiko. It'll be safe to only bet a good amount and not to bet so much that the person that wins the MBR gets less than the person that just did a simple bet.

Idk, just a thought anyway.

Hunter , CarumSarene and Lynus like this.