If you could Add/Change

Discussion in 'Bugs & Feedback' started by Toukans , Apr 22, 2014.

1. Toukans

Toukans ╭∩╮ <(°)
    Retired Staff

That can already happen I believe. Wager system.

Lynus likes this.
  2. Lynus

Lynus R.I.P Reginald.
    Retired Staff

the wager system is between the two mbr-ers
    stittz is saying that you can bet on the animator to win and then yeah.

3. Lynus

Lynus R.I.P Reginald.
    Retired Staff

Sorry for double post but could there be a possible item to purchase to make thread titles different colours and whatnot ?
    Probably items similar to add a gif before/after/in a thread title ?

Trow, if you could list out the ones you think you could implement and so on, like *ones i can *ones im unsure of *ones i definitely cant
    it would be helpful to us as well.

4. Jaycie

Jaycie Chop~

This has been tried in another forum, which didn't end up well. Because the winner of a MBR is determind by the amount of votes they get from the forum members, people who bets will just vote for the one they laid their bet on, right? Unless this can be prevented, or I cant see this happening.

CCshinobi and Lynus like this.
  5. AppleFarm

AppleFarm dead inside

There should be like an option on the threads you make with tools like deleting people's posts on the thread ._. Makes me feel like I'm spamming the mods to do the work for me when i keep slamming down the report button. dis necropost doe

Hatim likes this.
  6. Trowicia

Trowicia Querulous Quidnunc
    Retired Staff

It's part of our job to answer reasonable reports, whether or not it feels like the person reporting content is spamming.

I'll see what I can do for the "topic moderator" idea.

7. Courtney Nightmare

Courtney Nightmare Kaz.just call me that please.

all i want is more events
    maybe a Halloween one

8. Leliot

Leliot Pants Pocket Lint

It has been a while since there were events...something's probably being planned, probably...there might be a new banner, will there? That would be nice.

But Halloween? That's four months from now. Even if you're considering the time the event will be completed, events should take more than one month or so. That's either planning ahead or some dedication to dark, fantasy themes. Either way, doesn't seem to be the time for that, I think.

Lynus and Hatim like this.
  9. Courtney Nightmare

Courtney Nightmare Kaz.just call me that please.

i meant for later.

10. qazawsxs2

qazawsxs2 Still Training Animator

I could add an MapleMation Official Livestream for all who have an account for MapleMation

11. AppleFarm

AppleFarm dead inside

probably won't be necessary since some of us don't even have a livestream account or go on there actively unless for games or art.

Lynus likes this.
  12. Lynus

Lynus R.I.P Reginald.
    Retired Staff

and it would be a mess giving an account to like how many of us are there
    for god knows what reason

it would be better for individual streamers who could advertise us but ya

13. Thatch

Thatch The Cheese Master

Isn't there already one?? if you have 100+ posts you can download stuff in the recource section I believe...

14. Trowicia

Retired Staff

He means an elaborate Download section. If it gets enough demand I'll eventually do it.

15. Thatch

Thatch The Cheese Master

oh ok. Well then that would be a pretty good idea C:

16. Aidan

Aidan
    Retired Staff

Keep in mind I haven't really been on Maplemation much since the site was run on vBulletin, so I'm a little behind anything that happened since. This is also my opinion, and I know some of you will disagree with me.

Right off the bat, the index looks very bloated and cluttered. I feel like a lot of things are there just to be there, and aren't really necessary. The banner sticks out too much (although it does get your attention). I feel like the navigation to the right of the breadcrumbs could be merged with the top bar, top 10 reputation and new content feel unnecessary (you can just scroll down to see the new content). Scroll bar seems oddly placed and if you want to keep the color changer, I would give it more priority, maybe let it change link hyper link colors too. This is all for the default, light theme by the way.

I'm really not a huge fan of the “Recent Content” sidebars everyone has these days, I feel like you can see all of that right next to them anyway. Avatars feel unnecessary, just kind of builds clutter. I would maybe increase the weight on the category header text a bit as well.

Overall the site's aesthetic “theme” looks decent, I just feel like there's so much unnecessary features that distract me from just wanting to look at the actual thread and post content. I don't care much for awards and marketplaces, I feel like people should focus more on the quality of their posts rather than their look, if you know what I mean (though of course, it’s all in good fun so there’s no reason to remove it either).

Hunter and Lynus like this.
  17. Taki

Taki Kuulas enthusiast
    Retired Staff

About the Recent Topics. I would like it a lot more if it was only for the topics in the media section and if it could tell which media it is. Not sure if that's possible, but it would be really practical that way.
    Also, i personally would make it show 10 threads instead of 5. That should motivate people to work more to keep that updated, even if it is enough the way it is now.

CCshinobi and Lynus like this.
  18. CCshinobi

CCshinobi Filmmaker, Animator

I'm not sure if I entirely agree with the idea of only showing media topics, as it would be nice to let people know what else is going on, but yeah 10 threads would be really nice. That way more people can promote their work easily without having to worry about each other hogging the latest thread section and as his/her own thread gets buried without attention xD

Taki and Lynus like this.
  19. Trowicia

Retired Staff

Interesting ideas. I'll see what I can do.

20. Lynus

Lynus R.I.P Reginald.
    Retired Staff

Something also about how when other people post on their own thread, the thread being featured at each media section (or any section at all) gets overtaken
    mang, thtas a bother too