1. Before participating in Maplemation Battle Royale, make sure you are familiar with the system. Happy battling!
  2. Guest, you may notice that chatbox is not here anymore. Use the Discord chat instead! It’s way more popular these days, Grandpa!
    Dismiss Notice

Josh vs. Goates

Discussion in 'Map Arena' started by Josh, Mar 12, 2012.

?

Which map do you choooseeee?

1. Map 1

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Map 2

15 vote(s)
    100.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Josh

Josh Wizet Wizard
    Retired Staff

ohhhh mannn
    It's an mbr thing
    and i'm really god damn tired

anyways I'm going to leave this anonymous since people are going to be like "sue wins cuz she has tits lawwlll"

Map 1
    Map 2

2. Tooler

Tooler Legend
    YouTube Director

I believe the effort is apparent on this one gentlemen.

3. ThiefOfRoses

ThiefOfRoses Veteran Membah'

I like Map 1, but my biggest problems lie in the fact that the left side and the right side of the map underwater have two different textures (toys vs actual bricks.) That, and the dual layers of water looked awkward.

Map 2 is impressive, and my only really minor concern is that the yellow fish at the bottom of the map don't have that water texture. They stand out a bit too much. :( However, the underwater effect is certainly impressive, with the broken bricks and such.

Map 2 earns my vote.

4. UndieBandit

UndieBandit Veteran Membah'

Map 1 had a little more potential imo. I can see that there was effort put into Map 2, but it just looked like a normal Ludi map. My vote goes to Map 1.

5. Twixer

Twixer Retired Staff
    Retired Staff

I don't like how Map 1 has separate water, what I mean by that is this: http://puu.sh/ky3o
    It makes it feel like the water is split when there isn't something there, and like Thief said, the split between two separate map styles looks unattractive.

Map 2 is well done, but the water is too blue, should have a lower opacity. Also the fish are standing out, along with some of the moss. Map 2 gets my vote.

6. Lilmisslillyiceburg

Lilmisslillyiceburg Veteran Membah'

I love how theirs detail in map 2 and how the tower reflects into the water

In Map 1 theres detail but theres separated water. Wheres the dry land between them?

I choose map 2 oh and i know who made which :D.

7. rishi

rishi LYNUS WAS HERE

Funny thing is I know who's is who's, the map styles are very obvious to the fact...

Welp, I vote Map 1, It has nice simplicity.
    Map #2 is very complicated and filled with tons of stuff

8. Trip3x

Trip3x Trip3x

Map 1: The horrible irks me lots and the waterfall makes no sense. Where is the water falling from? And also, there's no foams at the bottom of the waterfall. But I like the details in the water, and the paradise of coral reefs under the water.

Map 2: What catch my eyes first are the fishes. Seeing how blue the tower under the water and the fish did not made sense to me. Another is the lighting. The sun is in the left side, so the right side of the tower the lighting should have been lesser. And the lighting under the water too. But I like the idea for the underwater, where there are items submerged under the water but still floating, like as if time has stopped under the water for the tower.

Um... My vote goes to... Map 1

9. Goates

Retired Staff

Oh you Josh, we both know that people can instantly recognize our styles anyway f3.

10. Twixer

Twixer Retired Staff
    Retired Staff

Poll closed.
    Congratulations Josh on winning, your points and/or medals will be received shortly.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.