1. Before participating in Maplemation Battle Royale, make sure you are familiar with the system. Happy battling!
  2. Guest, you may notice that chatbox is not here anymore. Use the Discord chat instead! It’s way more popular these days, Grandpa!
    Dismiss Notice

[Leadership transfered] The Artisans

Discussion in 'Closed Factions' started by Minh, Aug 11, 2015.

1. Magician

Magician 「T h e F o o l」

Reason: So I can actually start being more active with my drawings and animations
    Skills:Animation and Drawing
    Goals: Too become a better animator and artist.
    Examples: (I made this one almost 2 years ago just decided to throw it in)

2. Minh

Minh Old-School 2010 Maple Animator

Me and the faction have come to a consensus to decline your fighter application, but you can still join as a general member.

I believe there is more required to be a fighter, you show a good potential, but based off descriptions you lack in motivation and do not complete much of your work, or do not put enough effort into it. As a fighter, we need that.

You can reapply later, or challenge one of the fighters for their position to prove yourself even more.

But you're always welcome to come join as a general member.

Magician, Yegor141 and Laughter like this.
  3. Minh

-- Updates on Applications as Fighters & General Members --

Fighters

So our last 3 fighter positions are available. I want this to be good, so I'm boosting up the application. I want you guys to try, actually care about your application, make it look amazing, make it look impressive. You don't walk into a job interview and give them one worded answers, you want to impress. Give me special things.

Reason: Get better.. Have something to do.
    Goals: Get better.

Nah, give me more! What are specifically your goals, "I want to get better than spritefan2!" "I want to bring Maplemation and factions back to where they were 3 years ago!" "I want to make it to OMM!"

Give me something specific, none of that cliche general stuff.

Thanks, and may the best animators get the spot!

General Members

General members have no applications, simply ask to join and we'll take ya into our arms. :^ )

The applications are only for fighter positions.

+ Even if this faction dies in the end, the Artisans will always exist.

4. Minh

The Artisans is starting their first project as a faction!

This project will be back to back with our first faction war, as a preparation. This will be our chance to show you guys what we're made of as a group.

Still looking to fill these last 3 fighter positions!

Blez, Yegor141 and Laughter like this.
  5. sparky

sparky time to evolve

oh so this is where u guys went hahaha i see well i wish u guys the best of luck of course

6. Min

Min Min, Protector of All The Dick In the World
    Animation Team

7. PeaceTheAOD

PeaceTheAOD That one VFX guy who make shiny things™️

8. sparky

sparky time to evolve

never question questions peace u should know that by now

9. Thatch

Thatch The Cheese Master

I'd love to try coming back in the 2D animation again :p haven't been active for ages. Cuz was working on this 3D shit. Wich.... gotta be finished by christmass.... and um......... yea.... I gotta work alot to make that one happen...
    k here we go.... *ahem*
    1. Reason for joining: Would love to improve. Also need help on this 3D crap. (not in animation but models ^^;)
    2. Field of skill (Animation / Sprites): Animation, modeling(not aiming to improve that), Spriting (haven't done that much lately), drawing (have been drawing ALOT lately.
    3. Goals if accepted, along with future goals regarding your work: GET THIS 3D ANIMATION DONE AND HOPEFULLY IT WILL BE GOOD ENOUGH TO JOIN THE ANIMATION SCHOOL!!!!!SDFSDFSDFGVC And ofcourse have an episode in OMM :3
    4. Some example work of what you can do to be a fighter: -Skyping cuz some private shit ^^;-

#29 Thatch, Aug 31, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 31, 2015
    Dan Derps likes this.
  10. Minh

--Early September Monthly Update--

Schools getting started! Members have a lot on their hands, this month is devoted to learning about our schedules, our work load and attempting to manage it.

Along with that, Omen and The Artisans will be having a faction war in 2 months or so! So be prepared for the revival of faction wars and factions themselves!

We also have many ideas to work as a faction, regarding group projects etc.

Also, THATCH has been accepted as a fighter.

Trax, Jaycie, Spritefan7 and 5 others like this.
  11. Minh

Hi again!

--Future Faction Project Idea Release--
    Hey guys! So I decided I'd release the idea of one of my faction ideas, and maybe every other faction could join in on it. Soon, after our first faction war, I will be beginning this project. Its a group MBRQ, where it's basically a collaboration based off one of the MRQ ideas from Maplemation. We will submit it as a whole, but separate it by parts (with time stamps of each persons part for ease in determination of points.) Rather than the individuals receiving the points however, these awarded points will be given to the faction itself, to be used to add an expand divisions such as spriters, animators and artists etc. This way we can have poor people like Derek (Void) join the faction as a sprite fighter, so he can finally sprite my my scythe. : ) This is not bound to only fighters, any general members wishing to support the faction may participate as well, it'll bring us together as a faction, not only for the individual faction v faction and fighters, but a faction as a whole. This will hopefully boost the confidence and effort in animators within the faction. I strongly encourage other factions to participate in similar activities!

We won't be starting this until about December or January though. : ( Faction war first.

But yeah, tl;dr - Group MBRQ Collab kind of thing : MBR points awarded to faction as a whole : Any of the members (Fighters/General). I encourage you to try it.

Trax, Jaycie and Drew like this.
  12. Jaycie

Jaycie Chop~

Definitely a good idea there! Brings not only activity to faction but to the MBRQ activity as well! One stone, two Teddies!
    That will also mean there will be a (kinda) faction collab every month, right? c: One stone, three Teddies!

It could lead to the MBR mods implementing a team MBRQ system soon.

GJ Minh! Looking forward to see these, buds!

13. Minh

Yeah haha, pretty much a group collab every month, just a week or two of our members times of animating, and a submission at the end of the month. That way they have the time to animate something short to keep their skills up and still keep to date with school work etc.

The goal is to bring to life teamwork, effort, MBR, MBRQ, Factions and animators.

#33 Minh, Sep 4, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 4, 2015
  14. Minh

2 Fighter positions still available : I had to remove Hunter because he still doesn't have a MBR profile yet.

Lynus and Yegor141 like this.
  15. Yegor141

Yegor141 Praise the booty
    Donator

There is a form of application.
    Please fill it and post it

Lynus likes this.
  16. gameboy360

gameboy360 Learner

i'll join this faction!!
    because im ready to face all animators:hawr:
    fighter of course XD

Blez and Yegor141 like this.
  17. immortalkidX

immortalkidX Kai Higurashi

Interested in joining as A NON-Fighter
    Reason to join: In Some times i need help from people on my animations and this group works very well!

And later on I will apply to fighter when ready

18. TakashiTrapper

TakashiTrapper Veteran Membah'

:badass:this dat 2015 zeal lets get:came:

1. Reason for joining -this like the new zeal i wanted to be in zeal
    2. Field of skill (Animation / Sprites)Both Animation & Sprites over 5yrs+
    3. Goals if accepted, along with future goals regarding your work. - help us out whatever team im on will be winning
    4. Some example work of what you can do to be a fighter. -
    (Most recent anime online)

(Older anime)

(Older anime)

(Spriting)

Ps . If im accepted i will try to be as active as i can i currently dont have internet but long as my phone is on ill be here but I will never turn in half assed unfinished work and i will always have everything on time

19. Minh

Regarding my personal inactivity. School and work along with this move has my schedule really messed up lately. I'm home like 10% of the day, and that time is usually spent sleeping at night.
    [​IMG]

20. PeaceTheAOD

PeaceTheAOD That one VFX guy who make shiny things™️

Still going through with all our plans though. So don't you guys worry, Minh and Yegor are on top of this shit.