Maple Weapon Collab 3 Fininsher Part 2 - [70% Complete]

Discussion in 'Animations' started by Juan. , Sep 26, 2020.

1. Juan.

Juan. Veteran Membah'

If you've been around the maple community for a long time you KNOW (and probably have experienced) he never shied away from speaking his mind to make sure you would improve your ass off and would never forget it. If you are an animator, hello, probably half of your custom poses came from him and don't even get me started on hair and sword sprites, also now that I think about it the sand bag sprite is also his creation.

Given the recent events I have decided to release this animation along with the source files to honor the memory of Sai and the influence he's had in each one of us. I can't say I knew him as much as my close friends do but, his presence and impact in this community is undeniable; even if we never spoke too much I would absolutely consider him and his work as a way of teaching me to strive for perfection even if its just for a silly hobby that I expected nothing to get out of, after 9 years I can confidently say it was truly a great help.

Download
    https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1gy8IYFLuWGDYAIt4o8DuCsVXfocvNe9q?usp=sharing

Finisher

My part

Big thanks to
    http://maplemation.com/members/swordgrayfire.10837/
    for giving me a bit of his time to render and send this animation to me

When I accepted to be a part of the finisher I agreed to do the effects and making shots look more interesting, as I no longer enjoyed making fight animations, I find it much more interesting figuring out how to cut and make transitions between scenes instead of a flat 2D background all the time.

Many things happened, I wasn't satisfied with the fight animation, I decided I would not continue and quit for good (not because of this situation, I had already finished everything I set to do when I came back to MM) since I was doing both jobs instead the one I chose, the file got passed around internally, people said the animation was looking fine but nothing ever came out of it, well now you can see how I build my scenes and how I ease my keyframes if that's something you'd be interested to see.

In the google drive file you'll see all the ideas we had for the animation, we even had a mid human-dragon transformation boss sprite done by Taki and at some point we had plans to make a full on dragon animation with many moving parts and the 3d tower destruction and stuff, changing into another dimension, dark spooky gravity stuff psychic powers mob psycho sakuga animation, all of the participants would fight the final dragon boss.

I got one more unreleased animation, it's very chill and cinematic focused but I don't know if I'm allowed to share it lol

Fer, BulbaWhat98, Poke and 7 others like this.