1. Guest, you may notice that chatbox is not here anymore. Use the Discord chat instead! It’s way more popular these days, Grandpa!
    Dismiss Notice

[Maplemation Vote] Bring back banner designs or keep it simple?

Discussion in 'Answered Feedback' started by PeaceTheAOD, Mar 28, 2016.

?

Should we have custom banners back on the website?

Poll closed Mar 30, 2016.
  1. Yes

80.0%
  2. No

20.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PeaceTheAOD

PeaceTheAOD That one VFX guy who make shiny things™️

So as the title says, This is a vote as to whether or not we'd want custom banners back. Thanks to @Taki for allowing a vote on this.

For those of you newer here, back on the older versions of the website, the banners would change with themes and events that were currently going on at the time. Sometimes it was just for winter, some times for a tournament, maybe even just some kinda cool or wacky design. Personally I think it was a cool thing because it showed more creativity, however I do see the simplistic design of the current banner nice as well.

What do you think? Vote away! Leave a comment... Yadda yadda, you know the drill.

Juan. likes this.
  2. TakashiTrapper

TakashiTrapper Veteran Membah'

Yall are so lame yall seen me make that post now yall want to have votes and stuff:kill::rage::rage:

but id also like to see the banner idea since i pitched it back first to return

3. PeaceTheAOD

I dont think you understand...

We dont have custom banners anymore, we got rid of them when we got the new website

This is a vote to bring them back.

Yegor141 likes this.
  4. TakashiTrapper

I realize that but you or anyone else wasn't talking about banners until I stated I wanted to make a banner I never cared if it was going to make it to the top prage i just wanted to do one

5. Kvn11

Kvn11 Receiver of 226s

I'd actually love to see what custom banners look like.(since im a nub)
    In fact, why did they get removed in the first place?

#5 Kvn11, Mar 28, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2016
  6. Porochu

Porochu squares

#makebannersgreatagain

7. Drew

Drew
    YouTube Contributor

Oddly enough, this is exactly what i do with my YT channel. I have them change accordingly to the season, or if anything else big is going on.
    Here's what it was last Winter:
    [​IMG]

And here's what it is right now:
    [​IMG]

On a normal basis, these banners take me like a day to make. (It'd be even less if college wasn't a pain in the ass like it always is). But i'm just one guy; If we just had everyone turn in their spritesheets to someone, and make a background for it, and throw the MapleMation title on it, that's really all it takes. It barely takes much effort, and that alone is something that can engage the forum a bit. I say we do it, and i'd even love to lend a hand if at all possible. Once the poll is over, everyone can post their spritesheets on a different thread, and we can get to work on it. Literally that's all it takes. Why don't we just do it? I'd be down.

PeaceTheAOD and Kvn11 like this.
  8. iSmokeToast

iSmokeToast PRYR 36518444

idkkkkk i'm not a huge fan

i'm really big on simplicity and the banner we have now looks super clean unlike some of the humid crowded grouplove ss sweatshack mosh piles we've seen in the past

but actually i think it is a rad way to promote activity so i guess as long as i can toggle it that would be fine by me

ist worst mod 2016 make the flyers

Lynus and PeaceTheAOD like this.
  9. PeaceTheAOD

I doesn't even have to be characters, just a cool looking banner that changes depending on what's going on. And if characters WERE Involved, I suggest only like, mod/admin characters and maybe Team characters (i.e. Aquila, toast, taki and so on.)

Edit: I love how all the people who are STAFF MEMBERS have voted no, and everyone else yes thus far.

#9 PeaceTheAOD, Mar 28, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2016
    Lynus likes this.
  10. Collin

Collin Oppai REEEEEEEEEEEEfender
    Donator

Banner would just kill the flat, simple design of the forum as it is, so no.

11. Bakari

Animation Team

I agree with Collin on this one.

If we would bring banners back that would probably force the mods to adapt a new theme exclusively for the banner.

12. PeaceTheAOD

Not like multiple themes weren't a thing in the past either. They could probably do it again if they really wanted to, heck, leo did one for christmas with the whole snow flake thing.

Probably just a button like Toast said would be enough as well.

Ya know, just for that logo, that no one really looks at, because it's not interesting, and is not really doing much but taking up space. Vs a cool and interesting space that someone would actually take a look at because it's actually different and more eye catching than what we currently have.

13. Blez

Blez Silence is the best response to a fool.

Its a good idea to bring the banner back but I hope the mods will do something about it.
    Yet I agree what collin said about the theme. Remember when we "migrate" ?

TakashiTrapper likes this.
  14. TakashiTrapper

nag nag grandpa go take your meds maplemation use to be one of the funniest creative sites that use to host banner event everymonth but due to people like you the site is boring ,slow and dying due to people wanting to keep it so called simple
    it doesent have to be a monthly thing just bring back a banner with modern day mm people on it and keep it up for a month and have people posting poses etc it would atleast make it seem more creative on here

15. Collin

Collin Oppai REEEEEEEEEEEEfender
    Donator

The site is dying because the only people who made decent content have all left for greater things. People used to actually care about creating nice content on a regular basis and the community was all about helping each other out to hone one's skills. Over time it became taboo to do things like asking for extensions on MBRs or even finishing any projects in general. Collab hosts stopped pressuring their participants to actually finish or do a decent job in a timely manner. People became lazy and quality content faded into obscurity.
    And on top of that, this place is so toxic I can understand why people wouldn't want to be actively involved. We don't even promote the honing of skills anymore but rather we just put down anyone who isn't "proshit" the instant they start doing what they want to do. WE as a community have been driving people away from following their passions.

It's not dying because it's boring, it's dying because this community has proven itself to be a bad one to go to if you want to learn and create.

#15 Collin , Mar 29, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 29, 2016
    Smeagal and Jaycie like this.
  16. Taki

Taki I look good sometimes
    Retired Staff

Well the votes won, but the arguments against it are way more reasonable.
    I can only suggest to make it to one of those homepage banners like the collabs annunciations we have. Gotta ask @Tooler for this, i'm not involved in that.

17. PeaceTheAOD

...Well... Talking about hitting a nail onto the forehead. I'm glad someone finally said it. But none the less, I'd rather stay on topic here.

It's just a fun and simple thing that can be done to the website, and everyone (minus a few) seem to be in unison about making this a thing once more.

Also T aki (dont feel like your name taking up frickn that much space), I'd prefer if there was just a button to switch it between the simplistic title and not if you're literally going to let that be the reasoning for the not making it an official banner on the top of the screen, literally bet leo could code one to turn the banner on and off in a few minutes, tops.

18. Aidan

Aidan The Spires
    Retired Staff

If you guys want to make banners for the homepage slider (God knows how long ago I updated that), go for it. The page header is staying how it is though.

Taki likes this.
  19. PeaceTheAOD

Aaaaaand this post was just made useless. #WasteOurTime2016

You can lock this shit now or w/e

iSmokeToast likes this.
  20. Aidan

Aidan The Spires
    Retired Staff

Thank you all for your input, anyway.

iSmokeToast likes this.
Thread Status: