MapleMushroom

Discussion in 'Comics' started by -Kevin-, Jun 18, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. -Kevin-

-Kevin- Newbie

Just some mini series I made out of boredom.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

#1 -Kevin-, Jun 18, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 23, 2015
    CCshinobi, Lynus and HappyFace like this.
  2. Dally

Dally Watcher of the Land

And boredom we get in return. Are you proud of yourself? >:C

I cannot recommend enough this thread to learn the ropes in maple comic-making. Other than that, the pace was way too quick and sudden for it to leave any impact whatsoever.

3. HappyFace

HappyFace Cha' Cha'
    Retired Staff

Those tips in the link Dally showed helps leaps and bounds the tutorial is so good!!!!

I actually love the concept of this comic, mushmom god is beautiful and i think the dialog was funny as hell(one thing don't misspell stuff, looks weird)
    in a time of lack of comics and UBER SPECIAL AFFECTS comics, i like your simplistic style

CANT WAIT FOR THE IMPROVEMENT

Lynus likes this.
  4. bluezemmi

bluezemmi Busy
    Comic Team Leader

By the looks of it, you probs used MS Paint.

Try to use panels to make it more beautiful. And use less panels in a page so you can show off more of the action.

5. CCshinobi

CCshinobi Filmmaker, Animator

To be honest, this has got to be one of the most simplified character-oriented, straightforwardly generic stories I've seen in the comic section.
    There is little to no character development. We don't even really know what the mushroom's motives or feelings are, so in the end, we don't care for him.

Then again, as you said, this was made out of boredom so...Idk why I even bothered CnCing. My apologies xD
    Work on creating more visual tone and proper comic formatting (Y)

6. -Kevin-

-Kevin- Newbie

MapleMushroom 2 is up~
    other people here seem to like it, and its a mini series..it's suppose to be quick.
    yea, it is MS paint, I never really used a lot of Ps on comics, and probably never will, because it's just a comic.
    It kinda is, I made it in minutes, and I really don't care about visual tones, comic formatting, etc..since this is just a comic, and I don't usually put a lot of effort into these, because I could be making more comics instead.

and..tbh, I never really wanted any cnc, I just want people to enjoy my comic.

#6 -Kevin-, Jun 23, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 23, 2015
  7. Aidan

Aidan
    Retired Staff

If you don't put effort into these then don't bother posting them. It's an insult to those who do spend time with comics because like anything else, they're a form of design and should be treated as such.

Dally and bluezemmi like this.
  8. bluezemmi

bluezemmi Busy
    Comic Team Leader

Let's be real.
    I think that comics can be as equal as animations. It depends how you present and make your comics and how you spend your time to make them.
    Even though it is a mini series, You can still try to make it look for appealing to the readers.
    The effects in animations can also be implented in comics and could even look better then what you see in most animations. You can do the impossible things in comics what you can't do in animations.

Personally I enjoy your comic, but only because of the idea.
    The white spacing annoys me, The mouths don't even move when they talk, No sounds effects etc.

I'll show you an example of comics made with a little more effort.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

9. -Kevin-

-Kevin- Newbie

Well..it is my fault for posting this in a forum that expects so much from everyone, so, I'm sorry if it insulted anyone.
    well, everyone has an different opinion, but personally, a comic is a comic, nothing more..but I guess I do need to put more effort into comics, since my style never really changed at all during the times I made ms comics. So, I'll put more effort in the next one.

Know any good programs for making comics?

10. Aidan

Aidan
    Retired Staff

It doesn't matter what it is, if you're just going to throw some shit together in MS Paint in 5 minutes and call it a day without caring for it, then why should we waste time looking at it? Especially if it looks like shit.

For MapleStory comics, any bitmap/raster graphics software will work. I personally recommend Photoshop, but Fireworks and Paint.NET work too.

Vegito likes this.
  11. -Kevin-

-Kevin- Newbie

If all you care about is how good the comic looks, and not the actual comic..why should I make these for you guys anyways? I can make 10 of these with the time that takes to make one good one, so..I'm moving.

moved to GMS forums: http://maplestory.nexon.net/communi...207-MapleMushroom-Mini-MS-comic-series&nxid=6

close thread plz..and ban me or something,

12. Aidan

Aidan
    Retired Staff

Too bad, if you actually listened to us you may have improved your comic making skills.

If you happen to read this, good luck with that other forum, lol.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.