MapleStory Leveling Guide

Discussion in 'MapleStory Talk' started by CarumSarene, Apr 11, 2014.

1. CarumSarene

CarumSarene Senior Membah'

I don't think many here still play MapleStory. However, for those like me who do, I constructed a leveling guide. Despite the game being called 'easy to level' they have actually made it harder for unfunded/newbies to play. Meaning it is actually very difficult if you're new to the game, or have an incredibly low income. So, I created a leveling guide that should help, and not require much effort at all.
    This is a very simple leveling guide, which I had help composing courtesy of fellow guild mates. From level 1-140 it had taken me less than 56 hours, or about 2.3 days worth of playing, minimum. As I level more, I will add more to this guide to help others level as well. Though I this guide was adapted for my Bishop, my main, I found it equally helpful for all classes I have created. Such as my Luminous character, and my storage mule - a cannon shooter.

Level 1-10
    (for Adventurers)
    This is very simple, simply skip the tutorial. Since you are choosing to skip the tutorial, you are causing all quests afterwards and before job advancement to give you additional EXP. By doing the quests to get on the ship, you'll only reach level 8. However, you will automatically gain two levels once you arrive in Lith Harbor. This should take you no less than five minutes.

Level 10-15/20 (After job advancement)
    Go to the fields east of Henesys, where the Green, Horny, and Blue Mushrooms spawn. Then go to the map with the Blue Mushrooms. Yes, they are level 20, however they give amazing experience if you're able to survive. It is suggested that you stock up well on potions if you have a close range class, such as Warriors or Brawlers... (Mid ranges such as Cannon Shooters may also have this difficulty, so should do this as well)...you should stock up on Orange Potions, which should restore a majority of your HP if you're too low. Within ten to fifteen minutes you should be around level fifteen to twenty. If you feel as if the Blue Mushrooms are too easy to handle, you may try the next map over, and hunt Zombie Mushrooms, doing so makes the leveling even faster.

Level 15/20-30
    This next part can be very hard, and is suggested that if your potions are too weak, to stock in the next available potion if possible. For this area, you will be hunting Mixed Fire Golems. These golems are level 28, and have high attack at close range. Warriors be careful. As with magicians, it is suggested you go to an isolated platform and spam Magic Bolt until you reach 25, or when you can sustain yourself at close range. (It is suggested you max out Magic Guard before your other skills). This should take you no less than thirty minutes. In total, you have climbed thirty levels within an hour.

Level 30-40 (After Job Advancement)
    For this, you will be doing both Theme Dungeons available at level thirty. Mushroom Castle and Ellinel Fairy Academy. For close-ranged/mid-ranged classes, it is suggested you do Ellinel Academy first. For far-ranged classes it is suggested you do Mushroom Castle first. If you speed through the dungeons, without additional grinding, you will get to level 40 in 2 hours at most. I don't suggest Kerning Square unless you have a hero class, and after level 40.

Level 40-50
    Once you reach level 40, another Theme Dungeon will be available. This is Gold Beach, an area with monsters from level 40-55, should not be too hard. Simply do the entire questline, including the boss. In the end, you will get to level 48, and it will take you at least an hour. After that, do Tot's quests to gain two free levels. However, certain hero classes do not get free levels from Tot, so if needed you may do Kerning Square quests.

Level 50-70 (version 1)
    You are now able to go to the Party Quest Entry, congrats! Go there, and do the Ludibrium Party Quest. Relax, it's not like the old one, this one is much faster and gives you much more experience. Doing this quest will get you from level 50 to 70, and with a priest in the party, you will get there much more faster. Remember to go to your job advancement at 60!

Level 50-70 (version 2)
    You are now able to go to the Party Quest Entry, congrats! Go there, and do the Ludibrium Party Quest. Relax, it's not like the old one, this one is much faster and gives you much more experience. Doing this quest will get you from level 50 to 60, and with a priest in the party, you will get there much more faster. Remember to go to your job advancement at 60! Afterwards go to Magatia, and defeat Sand Rats until you reach 70. For close ranged or good grinding classes, this is the more suggested way.

Level 70-100
    Still in Party Quest Entry, you may start doing Romeo and Juliet. Usually the people who do these party quests either do entire run with the boss, or simply stay in one area to grind for exp. Whichever way you do so is fine, however defeating the boss gives at least 500,000 exp, which can level the lower leveled players much much faster. It is highly suggested to have someone with Holy Symbol in the party. Or if you're a priest you can let others know you have HS and get into parties really quickly.

Level 100-140
    After level 100, you'll notice that the once high experience you have gotten from RnJ will begin to slow down as you continue more. For some, entire grinds will only give you a quarter full experience bar. If this is happening, you may try your hand at Monster Park Extreme. If it works for you, you should be leveling really quickly, with monsters giving 4,000-6,000 experience per kill. With HS even more! You may continue this until you reach level 140, when you are not allowed to go to Monster Park anymore.

Level 140-
    From level 140 onward, you can either try your hand at Dimensional Invasion or Evolution System. I've found both equally beneficial in their own way. As for you, it depends on your taste, both have their own pros and cons as to how well they level you. You are more likely to find a party in Dimensional Invasion than Evolution System, and usually Evolution System is better for farming at most.

Notes:
    After either your MP or HP goes above 4,000, you will likely invest in Sunrise Dews or Raindeer Milk. However, those potions can cost a lot, and only work for so long before they are not strong enough. If you go to New Leaf City, you can find potions that can replenish 60% of HP or 60% of MP. These potions only cost about 2k each, as much as Ice Cream Sundae. And are very helpful no matter what level you are.

If you're low on Mesos in the beginning and cannot afford potions easily, it is suggested that you sell whatever equips you find. You will get equips anyway from Tot. It is not necessary to always reveal Hidden Potential Items, as it becomes a gamble when you have to pay to reveal for items over level 40. Some people will actually buy Hidden Potential Items, so it is up to you whether to save them or sell them. After level 60, you should stop selling all the equips you find, and only keep the ones you absolutely need.

CCshinobi likes this.
  2. Lynus

Lynus R.I.P Reginald.
    Retired Staff

remember when maple was just hey wanna kill deez mobs ok shore
    now its all set to these certain monsters which are completely made the game boring aaaaah

3. CarumSarene

Yes, it does get boring after a while, sadly. I'm only posting this for anyone who wants to level fast.

Right now I'm just taking a break from leveling to complete all of the Ludibrium Quests. I've already defeaten Palpatus and received the cape :)

I wish I had more friends that would be willing to hang out with me, instead of being focused on leveling or selling items at the free market...
    *sighs*

Lynus likes this.
  4. Marasu

Marasu Senior Membah'

Excellent guide really helpful good job!

5. CarumSarene

Thank you! ^_^

6. CCshinobi

CCshinobi Filmmaker, Animator

Can it be? An UP-TO-DATE guide on how to play current MapleStory!?

Hmm...looks like I know where to look when I consider returning (if I ever do at all...it's been 3 years since I've seriously played :/)

This looks like it will prove beneficial. Ty for your dedication and effort :D

7. CarumSarene

You're welcome ^_^

If you do go back to playing, my IGN and Server are in my signature, I spend most of my time playing during the weekends before and after work :)

8. iEternal

iEternal Senior Membah'

Hmmm... This is basically what I've been doing on Maplestory. I got bored of it.

-Flashback of Maplestory Prior/After Bigbang-

:ahem:
    I remember when you actually needed to party with people and
    socialize with them to actually complete PQs and have fun together.

9. Trowicia

Trowicia Querulous Quidnunc
    Retired Staff

I heard level 200+ is like playing MapleStory on an abysmal difficulty. Not sure if want

Good guide by the way.

10. CarumSarene

Thank you!
    And yes, getting over level 200 is very hard. You need 2.2 billion experience points to get from 200 to 201.
    I plan to hopefully get 200 by the end of the upcoming summer, but I don't plan on leveling any farther.