1. Before participating in Maplemation Battle Royale, make sure you are familiar with the system. Happy battling!
  2. Guest, you may notice that chatbox is not here anymore. Use the Discord chat instead! It’s way more popular these days, Grandpa!
    Dismiss Notice

[MBR] Czestochowa Train Depot, Poland

Discussion in 'Map Arena' started by Pochi, Aug 14, 2016.

?

Winner?

Poll closed Aug 21, 2016.
  1. Pochi

11 vote(s)
    61.1%
  2. Dally

7 vote(s)
    38.9%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pochi

Pochi Newbie

2. TheStormSpirit

TheStormSpirit Highlord of the Scarlet Crusade

Dayum...Dally got rekt on this one, nice job dude 10/10

3. lieow123

lieow123 Senior Membah'

I like how the map looks very irregular. Though ur map is more plain than Dally's. I like that you chose that tile to make the ground more life like(I think it was a bg in bs4 though) The perspective of leaves blocking the tracks is a nice touch, not sure why. Maybe this map has more ambience which makes it more appealing
    Your map looks more realistic when I googled how the place looked like except there was a lot more grass in there than here (sry if I saw the wrong picture). Like most maps created, the tiles are just plain linear. Though its still a nice map, I think trying to change the style of maps is important to give a change of perspective to the audience.
    Nice maps you two

Dally likes this.
  4. NobleJuice

May i ask where u got the theme from, lmao?

Anyway.

Pochi!
    Ur map's really good becasue everything fits well, the middle should be more populated becasue it lacks of dat smth, or atleast have it cliff changed. Ur maps are usually the same style which i like but only when u put an actual place theme. Ur map is out of theme, way more than Dallys.

Dalleh!

Okay, this one is really copy 'n paste. almost nothing fits well i like the usage of the buildings in the back which fit better, but again. Goddamit why do you change the theme from lighter to darker like Pochi, if u wouldn't do that. It' would look WAYYYYYY better.
    But the main thing is... the trees, rails, broken train. Just don't fit with the gorund u've choosen. Don't just trynna put errthing ucan there fam.

Overall.
    Okay you two. Let's be real, you both fucked up theme wise. U've started working on it before analyzing the parts u can get and the actual photos. Pochi lacks the railway theme. Dalleh doesen't lack it, but the map has no atmosphere and brah, dis looks copy'n paste.
    I'm a little dissapointed on you two. That's why i wont vote, u've had a clear theme with clear pictures. I'd understand if u would have problems when it'd be a first person photo, but it's a bird perspective. Pochi, Dally both of you make amazing maps which i always look forward to, but the moment u put a theme. Something breaks and u change the whole thing. Good luck on the other MBR's

#4 NobleJuice, Aug 15, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 15, 2016
    Dally and Pochi like this.
  5. NarwhaI

NarwhaI "The Jedi of The Sea"

Pochi gave the map a feeling,depth momentum and creativity,most of them lack on Dallys map.
    vote goes to pochi.

6. CCshinobi

CCshinobi Director, Actor, Forum Moderator

Quite the interesting theme you guys chose actually. Both maps have nicely distinctive layers to them as well.
    Your map looks nice Pochi, but the way certain elements and objects in your foreground and background layers are arranged and distributed on the left and right side with practically nothing in the center creates a rather dull atmosphere. In other words, the map's a little "too balanced" to the point where there's no real engaging, eye-catching subject, especially with the empty center area visually splitting the elements of the frame evenly.

Dally's on the other hand also splits the map into halves indirectly using the tree/pole, but it builds contrast when gradually moving from normal railways and carts on the left to wrecked historical industrial works on the right. It actually visually and thematically creates a divide between modern civilization and historical industrial works, going from currently intact items to abandoned construction material. Though honestly not that different from Pochi in capturing depth, this composition almost tells a historical story behind the chosen location in a somewhat more intriguing manner. That said, my vote will have to go to Dally.

Nice match guys. Great to see map MBRs are still going!

7. Lynus

Lynus R.I.P Reginald.
    Retired Staff

Just some general CnC here and my thoughts:
    Pochi's:
    The map is very simple, which isn't a bad thing because you articulate the environment so well, however it's kinda on more analysis bland in the sense that it's lacking in everything else. I feel your map is generating more attraction because your appeal to animators in the addition of this 'parallax' of depth, mind you is a good thing, however for practicality's sake, not so much.
    Dally's:
    The map is somewhat lackluster but I think that's where the beauty of it comes through, kind of aligning with the stationary boringness of the reference image or something. Impressive syncretic use of map objects from around the world - Kerning, Henesys, Edelstein, jesus fuck they blend so well together what the hell dude.

Just objectively, Dally captures the theme moreso than Pochi in his realistic and true to reference portrayal of the train depot, so my vote goes to him.

8. Aquila

Aquila "Sword, Zeal and Sex Appeal"
    Administrator

Pochi takes the win for this.

Throcking lead.

Lynus likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.