MBR KANEKO VS NOAH

Discussion in 'Animation Arena' started by Nuuwah, Jan 3, 2017.

?

krump or nobama

1. Kaneko

19 vote(s)
    86.4%
  2. Noah

3 vote(s)
    13.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nuuwah

Nuuwah ded.

Theme of the MBR: ANIME!

Noah's Part:
    Note : so uh.. i did different scenes in this one but the second was kinda rushed, like finished my mbr and i had 6 days left so i did this too yeah.. and uh.. uh. yeah that's all i guess (the longer the better doesn't exist, except for...) THE SECOND PART AFTER THE CREDITS DOESN'T COUNT GOSHDARN
    MBR profile:http://maplemation.com/threads/noahs-new-mbr-profile.33526/
    ---
    Kane's Part : http://www.fastswf.com/h2adSfI
    Note: ughuuu i feels bad- fighting scene is bad also
    MBR profile :http://maplemation.com/threads/kanekos-mbr-profile.32570/

#1 Nuuwah, Jan 3, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 3, 2017
  2. Shulkle

Shulkle Remembered as the worst fight animator

Strangely enough, in terms of "anime" I strangely prefer Noah's animation because of how cliche anime it is to me.
    Then again, Kaneko's animation seemed
    to be anime like with jojo thing and I think more comprehendible.

How do I vote for something like this? ;-; (May edit later full of nitpicking errors and vote)

Edit 2: On second thought, I don't really see anything nitpick worthy, nor do I want to simply repeat what everyone else said. Good job guys~

#2 Shulkle , Jan 3, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 4, 2017
  3. NobleJuice

NobleJuice Wandering Wizard

Kaneko. I really love the beggining, into in general. It's soo good, you've improved soo much! Most of the cinematics fit, Yet the fight was pretty garabge, i know you've tried though. But most people will point it out -> Too long intro, too shoort Fight. As much as i disagree. They're correct in this situation. Not going into technic stuff because is fast not yt.

Noah -> Same thing as always, jesus christ add some frames. Everything is too fast. Work on your v-cam, Everything is sooooooo messy. Don't try to fbf physics, weapons etc. yet, stick with tweens.

Voting for the bigger weeaboo.

[​IMG]
    JESUS CHRIST.

Kaneko and CCshinobi like this.
  4. Kvn11

Kvn11 Guest

Ima vote for Kaneko cause I have no idea what's happening in Noah's anim :L
    At least with her anim, I get that it's a Jotaro vs. DIO parody. I do like the super saiyan-ish fights from Noah's anim tho, it captures the essence of animu C:
    Also why do you have 2 anims Noah

Kaneko and CCshinobi like this.
  5. Tra-La-Tracey

Tra-La-Tracey Veteran Membah'

LOL @ dumpyroll xDD Best logo ever~

I'm a little confused as to what the theme "anime" means, but my interpretation is you both imitate anime-style into an animation? Based on that, I think Kaneko's fit the theme more -- as mentioned prior, it's consistent with the dialogue and has a coherent scene that I could follow along with (as if I was watching an anime scene on YouTube). I also thought the lip sync was really good and I enjoyed the shot of both their eyes isolated by the black bars (very anime-esque xD).

CCshinobi and Kaneko like this.
  6. Seth

Seth Proxy

I enjoyed this, i really was going to give my vote to Noah but in the end i decided it will go for Kaneko.

Now for my completely usesless CnC nobody wants:
    Noah: (More than CnC this is just me being angry, excuse me for that).
    Honestly, at first it was all good, it was fun to watch, the music was good and all, and despite that your characters aren't properly aligned to the ground and your physics aren't the best, it was still good! UNTIL, you start a fight with that hype music just to stop it when it LITERALLY Started. That was honestly a big dissapointment, but hey, the video still had 2 minutes left! There was still hope and i was expecting you to pull off some amazing shit! but what do we get? some shitty dialogue with a person we don't even see. This normally wouldn't have annoyed me so much but the fact that you keep using that kind of speech like ''yo wassop ma nigeuh u 2 stronk u win kk niga stfu'' really annoys me, as if you don't even take your animations seriously, which i doubt you do. Then what happens? The ''first scene'' ends, and theres 1 minute of credits or whatever, now the second one isn't so bad, it seems that it's slightly more serious, and we see a very cliche anime scene, i like what you did here, but you did so many things wrong. First. Kaneko's head looks... weird. Mainly because it looks like she broke her neck and can even extend it, Just a minor flaw i suppose. Second, when that ''drawn scene'' appears, it's not even necessary to said that it looks pretty bad, mainly because you just got your tablet recently and don't know how to draw very well, but what's really bad about this is that you didn't even bother in drawing a mouth and just used a maplestory sprite instead. It looked terrible. Despite all of these things, i sort of enjoyed the second scene, till that ''To be continued'' Jojoke appears, normally i wouldn't mind this, but you didn't even sync the song correctly.

Noah, start taking your animations more seriously, i'm not telling to kill yourself in the making of it, and also you should stop having so many unfinished projects. From what i can see, at first you are super motivated to do something, then quit in the middle of it, i really know that feeling, but if you really want to be better than Aquila and other animators as you say, the first step would be to taking your animations more seriously, you honestly have potential, and i think you'd be a great animator in the future (If you are determined enough to become one). Also, i really don't want to hear the ''Uh bruuhh so like i had little time coz this mbr is blah blah...'' because that's complete bullshit. You definitively had the time, but not the determination. Next time you MBR somebody, make sure you won't end up quitting in the middle or anything like that.

Now for Kaneko:
    You have honestly improved! The only thing you really failed at is the duration of the video. It's very short compared to Noah's 3 Minute long animation.
    (Although basically it is 1 minute and 40 seconds long). I don't know if this is because you had problems with .fla not working, but what you did is completely acceptable. The fight itself isn't really great, but i liked the dialogue cause it was entertaining thanks to the lyp-sync. I don't really have much CnC to offer you, because i think it's only necessary when you don't seem to be learning what you're doing wrong. What i'd like the most is if you dedicated more time into animating! Atleast, when you're doing a MBR because in MBRs you have a deadline.

To end this, i want to say that Noah really did capture the essence of the animu, and his animation was longer than Kaneko's, but the FUCKIN DIALOGUE AND THE POORLY DONE JOJOKE KILLED EVERYTHING FOR ME. The vote goes for Kaneko, not because of the animation quality, but because it feels like the scenes were well executed

7. Aranimation

Aranimation TrueHorizonBestHorizon

@Ncaohili I liked where your part was going, but it got pretty confusing once they started floating in midair for some reason. Perhaps I missed what you were intending to do, but it ended your part abruptly. Though you don't want to count the part after the credits, it looks nice how you drew parts of it and I think it fit the "nakama" anime cliche really well; had you continued the second one, I believe you could have made something good out of it before cutting out the dramatic boss fight.

@Kaneko I enjoyed the new cinematic approaches you're taking in your animation as well as rigging and lip syncing; though some of the rigging can look awkward at times where the shoulder is disconnected from the body. The fight scene wasn't as bad as you might think unless you're comparing it to the actual Jojo scene that you're referencing; but it was a good interpretation.

In respect to the theme of the MBR, I voted for Kaneko for her reenactment of an anime scene; however, if Noah had developed his second part further, I would have voted for him as he created his own scenario using an anime trope as his base.

Blez, CCshinobi, Kaneko and 1 other person like this.
  8. the SECOND part of noah's anim felt like some hecka cliche and boring anime (so i'm kinda leaning towards it)
    but Kaneko's had much better animation, even though the scene didn't feel as over dramatic as most anime tends to be like noah's second anim did.

still, i'm gonna have to go for kaneko for much better animation. Noah, you need to work on your camming and making movements look more smooth.
    because right now your stuff looks incredibly jumpy. it kinda reminds me of how takashi animates but with much more wild camming.

But props to both of you for finishing.

Kaneko likes this.
  9. CCshinobi

CCshinobi Filmmaker, Animator

I'm both laughing and cringing at how ridiculous the dialogue in these scenes are LOL

The theme does seem a bit vague, but it looks like you were both going for some sort of parodying of anime tropes. Both of you portrayed this theme well, but Kaneko definitely takes the cake this time.

Sorry Noah - the ambition's there, but the execution is rather sloppy, especially when it got to the part where your characters are just frozen still in mid-air, I honestly found it more lackluster in effort than creative. The 2nd part was actually more cinematically well done than the 1st part imo. I legitimately had no idea what was going on in the first part D: Keep practicing though, and do your best to polish movements more effectively next time.

Kaneko, I'm so proud to be part of a faction where people like you, Seth, and Mike are constantly improving like crazy. I haven't entirely kept up with what Frosty has been pushing you guys through, but all that practice over the past year is definitely showing.
    Seriously, good job! I've never seen the anime, but I was laughing at how ridiculous the dialogue was, and your lip syncing, rigging, and editing was beautiful.
    I completely lost my mind at the last part. In terms of parody, it's so perfect LMAO

Good match guys. URA-URA-URA-URA-URA-URA-URA-UDAUDAUDAUDAUDADUADADAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10. Hatim

Hatim Love Emperor

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I guess I'll wait.

Seth, Kaneko, Tra-La-Tracey and 2 others like this.
  11. Nuuwah

Nuuwah ded.

my Youtube channel got hacked ima make a fastswf version sorry

12. Collin

Collin Oppai
    Donator

[​IMG]

SuperKimxD , Seth, Neil and 4 others like this.
  13. Aquila

Aquila "Sword, Zeal and Sex Appeal"
    Retired Staff

Hi hello win goes to Kaneko~

Locked.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.