mbr vs kazuke cancelled

Discussion in 'Animation Arena' started by jose117, Dec 24, 2017.

?

did i desert a point

1. yeah

50.0%
  2. no sorry dude

50.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jose117

jose117 latino animator video game fan

well here is my second mbr against kasuke but we starder 4 months ago i finish my part so i wait for kazuke then he tell me i cant a go and cancel as for i finish my part soo i read the rule and i can show my part finish without my opponet so here

Seth and BulbaWhat98 like this.
  2. Shulkle

Shulkle Remembered as the worst fight animator

I'm a bit mixed about this overall.

I really like the ideas and choreography that you were going for, but I think the execution of it all leaves a lot to be desired.
    Aside from nitpicking at the weirdly built map, Noel chugging back and forth in her walk cycle, and even the resizes of the sprites between certain poses, I think the biggest irk I have is the pacing and sliding. In a lot of the Vcam and character movements, they tend to be awfully stiff. By stiff, I don't mean skewing, but rather when they land, attack, and so forth, I believe there should be some sort of movement forward, slowly coming to a halt. or "easing". Same for the Vcam. With that realistic camera shake you had, it started moving like a rock, going from place to place, without any real Ease-in or Ease-out.

Now the pacing, it's not so bad, but I believe the flow could be continued better if you removed a few frames at like 0:18, 0:22, the combo Blake did around, 0:28, you get the idea. I really like the sequence you did at 0:16 because instead of Noel and Blake stopping and going, Noel had a continuous attack that flowed, along with Blake's reaction with dodging, trying to take aim, and then getting kicked. Try going for activity between the characters like that, because it keeps the pace going without seeming like the whole thing is to stop and go.

I think I'll hold my vote for now. I don't think this deserves a No because I do like how the fight went, but I'm just unsure about the whole execution of these ideas.

Flicker Fall likes this.
  3. Min

Min NO

upload_2017-12-27_2-8-36.png
    desert? = 3 =

Turning in an MBR when your opponent doesn't is always an unfortunate thing. That said, I felt as if your animation was kind of sloppily done and rushed. Many of the animation basics such as flow, physics, or camera work were done to the point where it was hard for me as a viewer to follow everything that was going on. Shulkle covered most of the points I wanted to, so I'll refrain from repeating.

I'm unfortunately going to have to go for
    no on this one, sorry!

Blindheart likes this.
  4. Neil

Neil "Oops"
    Administrator

Looks like you don't get the point.
    Too bad.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.