mbrq : from light, unto dark

Discussion in 'Archived MBRQs' started by Chariot , Feb 26, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chariot

Chariot Power Overwhelming

2. Dally

Dally Watcher of the Land
    Retired Staff

Very nice and smooth weapon with a light and dark theme over it. I like the angel and devil markings on the weapon like a sort of relic. but I'm not so sure on the blue band that holds the two blades together, I feel it could've been a black or dark grey color to give it more a neutral stance that balances the two blades together.

All in all, I think you did the job well thematically and say you passed on this. Good job, fam! :blushplz:

Chariot likes this.
  3. Kayas

Kayas The Indolent
    Animation Leader

gets the ok from me! i really like the details in the weapon like what dally mentioned. i'm not really that good at critiquing sprites so i'll just leave it at that. great job man

Chariot likes this.
  4. Rhys

Rhys (Not) Very Nice

Your sprite is clean and well-made. It's a simple and good sprite, but I wish there was more to it. There's a hint of angel and devil-ness from the design on the blade. Although, the angel design is quite difficult to see unless zoomed in on the sprite. One thing I suggest when spriting is to avoid black inner-outlines and banding. It is not necessarily a problem for this sprite because it can be seen when you zoom in on it, but it's good to keep in mind for future sprites.
    MBRQs are a good way for spriting exercises, gaining spriting experience, and understanding of what you're doing well and what you can improve on.
    I give this a pass. Good job.

quentin galloway and Chariot like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.