[MBRQ] Multi-Sourced Map - Temple of Akira

Discussion in 'Archived MBRQs' started by Dally , Mar 6, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dally

Dally Watcher of the Land
    Retired Staff

Multi-Sourced Map
    Use at least 5 separate map pieces, all from different places(Edelstein, Neo Tokyo, Henesys, etc.) to create a map.
    Tall Trees are from Monad
    The sky & far background is from Vanishing Journey
    Abandoned Temple pieces are from the Old & New Sharenian
    Tiles are from Root Abyss
    Mountains, bags & bushes are from Cernium

Link to map objects: http://www.mediafire.com/file/tgcxp6ftj53aqsb/MBRQ_-_Multisourced_Map.zip/file

Unfortunately, I cannot recall where I got the Moon from. :(

[​IMG]

My MBR Profile: http://maplemation.com/threads/dallys-map-mbr-profile.35732/

Notes: Based on the Temple of Akira, the map depicts a future of humanity long abandoned Akira’s power & religion, moving on from her. The temple has since been ransacked by thieves & travelers using it for shelter, along with the structure eroding throughout the time passed.

It's been a while since I've done a 2D map, but I enjoyed building it inspired by Elegy, an old maple series I've recently rewatched and felt motivated to do this. <3

5-H-S, Hunter , Kayas and 3 others like this.
  2. Miles

Animation Team

Hey, this is really awesome! I love the foreground, and the forest looks amazing. Really great job my dude. Gets a Pass from me, yo.

#2 Miles , Mar 7, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 9, 2020
    Kayas and Dally like this.
  3. Hunter

Hunter Moderator

I love the overall tone of the map. Especially how you did the right side of the image with the trees, makes the map feel less plain in a sense in conjunction to the other side of the image. In short word, it's full of minor details of the scenery. Good use of the contrast to make the closer trees pop out with the lighter trees in the back along with the background.
    It's a pass from me.

Dally likes this.
  4. Andrea

Andrea [Profile Picture by Noziki] xd

YES. YES. YESSSSSSSSSSS. DALLY THE GOD IS BACK.
    A big pass from me:

+ I love the overall tone of this map. Makes it feel like a solemn nightly stroll in a cemetery or something
    + It looks like an actual area from MapleStory itself; insert your lvl. 400 char passing by the abandoned ruins after slaughtering a bunch of enemies
    + I love religious stuff. And the history of the temple gives me the shiver. A good shiver.
    - The blurred trees are a bit distracting, personally. Kinda blocks the view of the pathway to the ruins itself
    - The moon is behind the temple, but the light source on the temple is coming from the front. Unless the world has too moons, there's a bit of inconsistency with the lighting

#4 Andrea, Mar 10, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 10, 2020
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.