Mind inside the Aurora

Discussion in 'Art' started by SwordGrayFire, Aug 19, 2020.

1. SwordGrayFire

SwordGrayFire Retiring Eventually

[​IMG]

I thought'd I play around in Flash, since that's my go-to tool in doing graphic design stuff sometimes. I actually like how'd this look. My original intention was just making the background and couldn't figure what else to put inside it.
    Then I thought of putting my maple character
    Salt Asena inside this area and thought it'd be like a thinking chamber to where she would train. Almost like Shadow Boxing with a mix of Piccolo from DBZ doing training inside his mind!

Hoping I can finish this character eventually, since I wanna do a lot of combat and collabs with her. In the meantime, enjoy a glimpse of her!

2. quentin galloway

quentin galloway Chaotic Spirit

This is really nice, how do you create this?

SwordGrayFire likes this.
  3. SwordGrayFire

SwordGrayFire Retiring Eventually

That's a good question! What I've done was look at images of an aurora background and then took the right one. Then I used a lensflare as well which is how it's bright. I also added a line right there and used the glow feature and messed around with it to get it to have that strong glow.

I used the same image but I went into GIMP and I used the perspective tool to know that I wanna make the ground skewed since I couldn't do that correctly in Flash. Then I used the color changer to mess around with the floor by changing it's hue, contrast, brightness and all that. Got the background made which I visually loved!

As I put my character Salt in, I actually made a new Symbol and had 3 layers to where it's the Head, the Body, and the Tail. Then I took that Symbol and placed it on the background. I made another Layer then placed the same sprite and rotated it to go under her and then I used the ADD blend and some transparency to give it that visual floor look that has a reflection. Then I added some red glow to Salt just an extra detail.

For giving that Space look right there of Salt's sprite. I originally wanted to Mask it, but it ended up glitchy and I didn't feel like fixing it to where it worked specifically better. So I just made a cut out of the space background by just "Break Apart" of the bitmap (Not trace bitmapping). and then made 3 layers of that, tricking the system to where I can get a cutout of Salt that has the spacey texture. I took a full colored sprite itself and then placed it on the same layer of the broke apart space texture. Now that texture has a open spot of Salt. So I took that frame and place it on the next layer where there's no cut out and then I recolored it and it left the texture shaped as salt like that. I removed the outside pieces and then now I have that symbol and added some Glow to it.

There ya have it! Graphic Designing at it's finest. Especially in Macromedia Flash 8, too.

quentin galloway likes this.
  4. quentin galloway

quentin galloway Chaotic Spirit

That's really amazing my friends,I plan to be a graphic designer as well.

SwordGrayFire likes this.