1. Guest, you may notice that chatbox is not here anymore. Use the Discord chat instead! It’s way more popular these days, Grandpa!
    Dismiss Notice

Naruto Chapter 699 & 700 [Final Chapters + Potential Spoilers]

Discussion in 'Pop-Culture' started by Scythe , Nov 6, 2014.

1. Scythe

Scythe Veteran Membah'

For anybody who cares....As of November 6, 2014, the Naruto Manga has finally ended. I won't post any spoilers in my main post but if the discussion gets to that point, You have been warned. I also don't count that spin off series as continuation of the main story since it's a well....SPIN OFF.

First off, this IS NOT an invitation for trolls to talk about how much they don't like the manga. I'd rather talk about the final chapters than hear about how you prefer X manga over Naruto. With that said...

How do you feel about the manga ending?

Personally...This chapter had the same effect on me that the Kingdom Hearts franchise does.

We have emotional ties to this anime/manga, because when Naruto was like 12, we were teens. When Naruto was growing up, we were growing up. Now that Naruto's grown up and achieved his Hokage status that he's always dreamed of, we've also grown up into young adults.

The end of this chapter is beyond symbolic for those who grew up alongside Naruto. It's almost like this chapter is telling us,

"Okay guys. This is the end of our journey. We've been through alot these past few years, and we've grown so much. It's been a wonderful ride but this is where we must go our separate ways. We have a new adventure that lies ahead of us and we can no longer travel together but don't forget, we are who we are because of each other. Believe it."

Thoughts?

2. Thewindyfan

Thewindyfan I'm too slow for this shit

SPOILERS.

Personally, I feel like the ending was very rushed. I think if Kishimoto-sensei was able to extend it for a bit longer, he would of spaced out the aftermath of the war and focus on the transition to Sasuke's departure and Kakashi becoming the 6th Hokage. If he had spaced it out more, Sasuke's sudden change wouldn't have felt as unnatural as it was done, but to be honest it was fitting for me that 699 ended the way it did. The feel's rollercoaster was relentless when I finished that chapter man, with the forehead tapping of Sakura and Naruto giving back Sasuke's old headband, it was just- Wow.

Epilogue was great too! I loved seeing all the pairings and future stuff (except Choji and Karui was like out of no where LOL) and seeing Naruto finally be Hokage was a really great ending for me. I liked that Kishi brought back some nostalgia with Boruto being just like young mischievous Naruto back in Part 1.

Honestly, I think it was just a beautiful way to end the manga. There's lots of hate for the ending for how rushed 699 appeared to be, but I liked that style that Kishi went with of having Sasuke doing a sort of monologue; It was great to finally see Sasuke's thoughts on everything and his ideas since we're already so acquainted with Naruto.

This manga/anime changed my life in so many ways, and shaped the ideals I look up to and live my life by. No other manga or anime has ever influenced me or kept me as emotionally connected as Naruto. Good bye Naruto, and Thank you Kishimoto for these last 15 years!

CCshinobi, AppleFarm and Vegito like this.
  3. 5-H-S

5-H-S Veteran Membah'

It was pretty rushed, in my opinion, like, there wasn't anything solid saying what they did between the time

SPOILS

Kakashi was the 6th Hokage and their discussion on what to do with sasuke or what they did after he dispelled the tsukiyomi. They kind of didn't even tell anyone the wheareabouts of Orochimaru, Sasuke's old team mates and weather or not the tailed beasts are free or sealed away somewhere.

Like, I honestly got NO kind of feels and the only feels I got were when they only showed Naruto's daughter in like that one panel with hinata at Neji's grave.

They probably did it purposely so they can get people to watch the movie their making or something to fill in the holes between directly after the fight and when they got back to their villages and stuff.

4. Scythe

Scythe Veteran Membah'

5. Thewindyfan

rofl Sawyer's review ahah

IT WAS INEVITABLE.

6. Vegito

Vegito Newbie

SPOILERS

I'm very mixed on the ending of the Naruto series.
    I do really wish we got to see more of Sasuke's development, since his sudden nice guy turn felt like a bit of a reach. Really wish the ending could of been fleshed out more. On the bright side it was very satisfying to see Naruto finally become Hokage.

Seeing the pairings was great, I've been waiting to see Naruto & Hinata get together for a while. I like the hairstyle their son has too.

I'm wondering if Naruto will leave a legacy & withstand the test of time. Will the young Naruto fans be talking about moments of the anime even years after it's over? Similar to how people still discuss DBZ.

It's hard to believe that it's finally over. The series had a lot of amazing moments that were memorable, especially memorable fights. Can't wait to see Naruto vs Sasuke in the anime!

Scythe likes this.
  7. Taki

Taki I look good sometimes
    Retired Staff

I followed naruto for like 13 years and was a fan of it since the very beginning. Naruto made all other anime and mangas uninteresting for me. That saved me a lot of time.
    I must say, the ending was perfect. The most perfect ending this story could have. Naruto always said two things for a very long time "I am going to become hokage" and "I am going to bring sasuke back" Those two he achieved in the last two episodes, how awesome is that. And the madara and hashirama statue doing the sign of friendship. Fuck, that was so beautiful, so symbolic and simply perfection. Although i expected it to not be around anymore after the fight.
    I don't think it was too rushed, you can clearly see that kishimoto had the ending in his mind since he started the manga. He just didn't want to bore us with dialogs and detailed explanations of who is doing what, cause in the end it doesn't really matter, who cares about side characters, it would ruin the moment in my opinion. Naruto became hokage and that's what the story is about.
    I wonder what is following sasuke. I mean, something that can hide from his rinnegan, must be a very dangerous new threat. Can't wait.

I can't wait for the movie to see the next generation in action.

I can finally grow up.

8. Thewindyfan

I wonder how the next generation is going to be played out, even though if they only appear for a good last 5-10 minutes of the movie.

9. Scythe

Scythe Veteran Membah'

Well apparently Kishi is going to do a good 50 chapters revolving around the new generation of children as well as another Kakashi side story, so while the main story is officially over, we can see what happens after.

And then there's Naruto: The Last Movie.

10. Taki

Taki I look good sometimes
    Retired Staff

That's some sweet news.

11. TheShrimpBox

TheShrimpBox Newbie

Man, the feels are all over the place with this anime. I've basically grown up with Naruto throughout the years, and now that it's ending, it leaves me sad that I won't be able to grow up with Naruto any longer. Still, I absolutely loved the ending. It made me tear up a bit, because I never had such an emotional investment into an anime like Naruto.

CCshinobi likes this.
  12. Lynus

Lynus R.I.P Reginald.
    Retired Staff

I havent read / watched Naruto since Shippuden
    but
    i saw in the 2nd last
    MASSIVE EXPLOSION
    aw fuck
    i lost my arm

13. CCshinobi

CCshinobi Director, Actor, Forum Moderator

Oh darn it. Somebody already made a thread. Oh well, I'll probably finish filming my review later anyway .___.

In short though, I couldn't have asked for a better ending honestly. Any depressing alternative with Naruto or Sasuke dying would have just been a piss-off for fans, considering most of us grew up with the anime and manga as kids. People who didn't like it missed the point. We all knew it was going to be bittersweet. It was the road there that mattered the most. And I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Naruto had such a emotional impact on my life, with not only its imaginative world, but characters that were truly inspirational in their human endeavors and relatable personalities. It was the one show that I watched as part of the young teenage audience that actually had character depth to it...and villains that had purpose, background, and reasonable perspectives, not just "pure evil bad guys" like in most American cartoons lol.

For those like me who stayed beginning to end, my how we've grown so attached to these little ninjas. I nearly cried reading the last chapter.
    On a sad note...

Now I have nothing to look forward to reading every Wednesday T_T

On a happier note...
    DAT MOMENT WHEN YOU REALIZE HINATA'S DAUGHTER HAS WHISKERS.

ATTABOY NARUTO :D

(Video Review currently in progress)

Thewindyfan likes this.
  14. Surani

Surani undying envy
    Retired Staff

..In order for her daughter to have that phenotype (the whiskers), the genes would have to be passed on.

So does that mean..her daughter..has the genes of the nine-tailed fox..?

15. Thewindyfan

Sort of. Do the punnet squares.