New comers

Discussion in 'Bugs & Feedback' started by NarwhaI , Feb 8, 2016.

1. NarwhaI

NarwhaI "The Jedi of The Sea"

I have a suggestion,
    Everytime someone joins maplemation and makes an introduction thread people post derek's tutorials and other tutorials and yaknow..those kind of stuff.
    what i thought would be cool to do is sending all the tutorials in an organized way straight to the Email when the person signs up..like a starter kit

i dunno its just popped out..

2. LeoV

LeoV gone
    Retired Staff

seems unnecessary to me. i certainly don't expect to get that sort of thing in my emails, anyway. mostly just a "thanks for signing up!" message or something.
    but again, in my opinion of course.

Dally and Lynus like this.
  3. Shulkle

Shulkle Still the worst fight maker

Think there are some who are here for the spriting and/or art forum. Though I think it could be a good idea, like have a check-box as you create your account asking if you're familiar with Adobe Flash/Animating or not and message a link to the tutorial if not.

4. Smeagal

Smeagal The Clutchness

I don't think its quite necessary. Cool that the idea you created is helpful, but we got the tutorial section for a reason right?

5. Lynus

Lynus R.I.P Reginald.
    Retired Staff

Yeah, I feel it'd be weird + unnecessary for an email - maybe a thread with everything necessary for beginners to view e.g Derek's stuff, a few spriting tuts, etc.
    But most of the time if the person is active - we do see their progress and their comments and whatnot, it's especially cool if they reply back with their goals and whatnot.

Cool idea, but maybe not really needed.

6. Taki

Taki Kuulas enthusiast
    Retired Staff

A sticky thread in the introductions should do the trick. Something similar trows current one, or the outdated one from loutem. But meh. Unless another staff member decides to do it, i might do it in the future when i'm done with other stuff.
    It's not really important or an issue at all, but i agree that it would be a nice thing to do.

Yegor141 likes this.
  7. iSmokeToast

iSmokeToast PRYR 36518444
    Retired Staff

maybe but i don't think there's anything wrong with a friendly message from a forum member sending some tuts

we see it all the time sure, but it's still a nice gesture on their end

8. Nemao

Nemao ¸.•*´¨`*•.¸¸.•*´¨`*•.¸

After finished my episode 3 and my Maple weapon collab i will work on a special animation for all new comer, they will need just watch it to know all principal tutorial to know, i mean all will be in the description and gonna show where start with a free kit of ressource Derek's tutorial link, the tutorial to become a spriter by Lynus etc etc, the all into in a interactiv video. I take all responsability to give the video to all new comer, Just let me try do it and see if new comer is satisfied of my video. If yes, i will be happy !

9. Juan.

Juan. Veteran Membah'

For animations, I was thinking about making an interactive and downloadable tutorial (.SWF) for the members who have no experience with the program, i thought some of them might feel intimidated by the amount information and time they will have to spend if they wish to learn.

I only have a general idea of what i want, this tutorial would include:
    1- Simple explanation of the Flash CS6 layout (timeline, stage, properties, toolbox, etc.)
    2- Symbols and Movie Clips
    3- Motion Tweens
    4- V-Cam
    5- Publish Settings
    6- Tips (a few words from experienced maple animators regarding the importance of making animations for your own enjoyment and not for the other's OR about being creative, original, taking risks and finding new ways to improve, receiving criticism and a personal quote/comment from said animators)
    7- Tricks (bitmap tracing, skewing, filters, etc.)

These would be the buttons in the .swf file, also the explications for each part would be narrated within said file (hopefully in less than 15 minutes), it could be captioned in youtube and maybe translated to other languages.

It's something i have yet to discuss with the team but i guess i can leave it here too.

Vashie , Nemao and Lynus like this.