Nice to meet you Maplemation!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by LeToast, Nov 4, 2018.

1. LeToast

LeToast Student

Hello Maplemation!

I go by Toast and it's nice to meet you all! I've had an account for a while and mostly lurked. Sorry! :/
    I'm currently a student in New York and study foreign languages as well as filmmaking. The languages I study are Spanish(mostly), French(also mostly), Italian(barely), and in the future more. In filmmaking, I'm currently learning every step in the process I can. This would include writing, directing, cinematography, and editing. It's an expensive world out there so I'm learning what I can to spend less and keep passion projects as good as they can be. I've also go experience in music from high school. That said, I'm still intermediate in terms of most things. Call me a Jack of All Trades, including the ending part people mostly forget: Master of None!

I've been a fan of Maplestory and Bannedstory animations for a long time. It was my first MMORPG. Though, I was never up to par with others so the furthest progress I had made Pre-BigBang was maybe level 40, but I still recall those days and am an enthusiast in the legacy Maple servers out there. I haven't dabbled much with the newer versions of official Maplestory, last I've played was around the time Demon Slayer came out.

I'm currently working on some sprite sheets and inching towards a short animation to set the stage for some creative writing I'd like to implement into animation. If you'd like my current sheet, I'm willing to throw it out there (I don't actually know where to put it if that's even an option on the website). It's very empty at the moment. Only the essentials in terms of vanilla sprites, and moderately filled with customs. I plan to add a character bio some time soon, preferably soon before I release an animation. You can find me on Twitch streaming my spriting for some friends who like to watch. I'm by no means the best out there, but it's a fun hobby and I love listening to the Maplestory OST whilst doing it.

I'd say I'm quite an open person and happy to help with things given the time, so please let me know if there's anything you're interested in and would like to talk about. I look forward to meeting you all and working together!

2. Dally

Dally Watcher of the Land
    Retired Staff

Heya Toast, welcome to the forums! I'm definitely excited for more creative writing to see into animation, along with your ambitions. I can definitely relate to the Jack of all Trades viewpoint, as I dabbled in animation, comics, and finally settled into mapmaking. Feel free to let me or anyone know of any questions you may have. :)

LeToast likes this.