1. Guest, you may notice that chatbox is not here anymore. Use the Discord chat instead! It’s way more popular these days, Grandpa!
    Dismiss Notice

NK's Application for The D&A Team

Discussion in 'Closed Applications' started by Nicaryan-Knight, Feb 20, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nicaryan-Knight

Nicaryan-Knight Nykarcian

Tell us your biography. Who are you? How did you become active in this media? Why? When? Who taught you?Just tell us a little about yourself.

People call me HJ. I am a 15 year old boy who's spent much of his life drawing, like very other kid who wanted to draw. Everyone asks me how long I've been drawing, so I'll go ahead and say that I've begun putting effort into it when I was 8. I started off with Sonic The Hedghog, as the drawings of the characters from there had inspired me to draw, just as much as the drawings for Kingdom Hearts has too. I had been drawing out of habit and teacging myself since. Everything had also changed in 2012, when I had begun getting started in digital art. Sure, I was drawing and all, but I had never really taken any thought in digital art. That was until ponies. Yes, ponies. But funny thing is that it's what got me into digital media! Well, mainly the fandom that had askblogs of them, then yeah. It was since, that I've been drawing on the computers, whether it be by mouse or touchpad off of the laptops. Then my parents decided to get me a graphics tablet. And with it, I had actually improved my style in art! From just sketchy people and background drawings into more quality detailed designs and drawings. Funny thing is that people used to 'criticise' my work. Two years ago, that ended, so I decided to criticise myself, comparing my work to many of the great drawings out there, soughting to improve myself to pass my own potential limit. Whenever I get bored, I try to change my style up a bit, experimenting with ways of lineart, shading, or coloring. But as far as I am now, I think I'm good for a bit.
    Tell us anything we need to know about your future behavior in the team.Why do you want this position? What are your plans to improve the team? How dedicated are you?

Well, one thing for sure is that the people I hang around find me as a pretty decent and likeable person. A reason why I'd like this position is because I'd like to contribute some of my designs to the team, as I'd also like to give inspiration. I don't have very many plans to improve the team, but I'll try my best to help acheive improvement for the team! And I've dedicated much of my life in art and helping others, so I'll say I'll put lots of dedication into this!

Post your best and most recent work here.

http://nicaryan-knight.deviantart.com/art/Ritas-Original-Kirby-Design-514083908
    http://nicaryan-knig...-Meet-508210222
    http://nicaryan-knig...-Neyo-514332488
    http://nicaryan-knig...05146-501374857
    Do you have anything else to add?

By the way, there will be times when I get lazy, so I'm not always being productive with neither of my assignments, work, animations, or art. So some of the things I work on are sometimes delayed, just so y'all know!

View full application

2. Lynus

Lynus R.I.P Reginald.
    Retired Staff

It's not so much that you're a bad artist, but I'm rather more concerned with your time in the forum to art ratio for me.
    It's just weird that you joined like a day ago or something but you just decided to venture out into the art team, ya feel ?

IMO, your works are mediocre at best, there's variation, but it's not too much substantial variation shown and it's mostly just typical hings - Kirby/Ponies/Anime people.
    Comparing your work to other people on the forum (even if they aren't on as often) would be a predictable outcome.

Noziki and Taki like this.
  3. Nicaryan-Knight

Nicaryan-Knight Nykarcian

Yeah, maybe I am going about things a bit too fast. I guess I'll go take my time! Plus, I really do need to get some of my inspiration up, I just can't sleep right now... :stun:

4. Aidan

Aidan The Spires
    Retired Staff

I agree with Lynus. I only liked the last two. There really just isn’t anything about your application that stands out to me, just seems so typical.

5. Taki

Taki I look good sometimes
    Retired Staff

That rhino is beautifully artistic, i wish to see more like that. Your biography is also very promising. You don't lack the talent, but i have to agree with lynus. Give it more time, get involved in the art section more and when you apply again with more art, you'll get a yes from me for sure.

6. HappyFace

HappyFace Cha' Cha'
    Retired Staff

Cant wait to see more work from you but its a no for now

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.